• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

It makes sense if they aren't happy with their current performance.

I'm ok with the re-launch, the idea of dumping the books just to rush to it just seems counter productive in some way. Especially if those books end up having tie-ins, and don't have great endings, it just seems like they're trying to boost their dollar amount rather than actually caring about getting to the end fast.

It just seems like they're trying to rush to the next re-launch but still exploit it as much as possible at the same time.

TheFlow

Banned
That's just more deterring. It's like a show all of a sudden airing multiple episodes each week all of a sudden. "Let's just dump this shit, and move on."

kinda feels like what they are doing. surprised generation X is double shipping.

It would say it is better way to come out with a #0 but they seem to be doing that too.

Owzers

MU!

Star Wars 16: the Luke/solo stuff was limited but really goofy, I still think it's just an average Star Wars extension.

she's a Sasha fan

Entrance%2Bwith%2BTitle%2B2.gif
Sasha is just as out of date though

Sandfox

Weren't they okay with it before 2016 ended?
Beats me.
I'm ok with the re-launch, the idea of dumping the books just to rush to it just seems counter productive in some way. Especially if those books end up having tie-ins, and don't have great endings, it just seems like they're trying to boost their dollar amount rather than actually caring about getting to the end fast.

It just seems like they're trying to rush to the next re-launch but still exploit it as much as possible at the same time.
That really depends on the book. The majority of the books being double shipped probably aren't being dumped. Gwenpool probably will be, but it's not tying in.

error4041

I'm actually surprised at how few books are tying into Secret Empire, at least for the first month. and the only one that is really surprising is Dr. Strange. everything else tying in is pretty logical.

Deadpool #31 is going to be pretty heartbreaking.

Sandfox

I'm actually surprised at how few books are tying into Secret Empire, at least for the first month. and the only one that is really surprising is Dr. Strange. everything else tying in is pretty logical.

Deadpool #31 is going to be pretty heartbreaking.
Strange seems to be playing a big part in the event.

error4041

Strange seems to be playing a big part in the event.

Which is surprising, I think most everyone expected the event to mostly focus on Steve, Sam, Red Skull and Bucky and than the main characters of Civil War II, so the inclusion of characters like Strange and the Defenders is actually pretty exciting.

Sandfox

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Finally a great fucking Marvel purge.

Out onto the streets you bad-even-by-webcomic-standards rats!

Maybe in a couple years after the infected wound has healed there'll be a Marvel book I add to my pull-list again. Ganbare Marvel-chan!

I thought JLA Rebirth was just okay. Good enough to warrant checking out #1 but I didn't think there's anything special about it. Lobo grates, as expected. He's a bad fit.

2099 sohunds like it's planning on wrapping up in a few issues as well.

Never tell me the odds.gif

I love the book personally, but it has an absolutely absurd issue run given how much it actually sells every month.

The current run is at #23 which is fairly impressive given a book clocking in around 20k units every month, but then also consider volume 1 had about a dozen issues that led directly into volume 2 with the exact same cast and plot uninterrupted by secret Wars.

You could also make an argument for secret Wars 2099 being part of the same plot, given the cast introduced there (Cap2099) that are now the core of the book.

All things considered Miguel's plot line is running in the high 30 issues or so and is the longest running storyline marvel has right now.

Sandfox

I wonder what Jason Aaron's next book will be. I'm guessing it's one of the main relaunch books judging by his twitter and status.

Sandfox

Never tell me the odds.gif

I love the book personally, but it has an absolutely absurd issue run given how much it actually sells every month.

The current run is at #23 which is fairly impressive given a book clocking in around 20k units every month, but then also consider volume 1 had about a dozen issues that led directly into volume 2 with the exact same cast and plot uninterrupted by secret Wars.

You could also make an argument for secret Wars 2099 being part of the same plot, given the cast introduced there (Cap2099) that are now the core of the book.

All things considered Miguel's plot line is running in the high 30 issues or so and is the longest running storyline marvel has right now.
Deadpool, ASM, and Thor beat it out.

I was excited for Aquaman to get back to superhero stuff with Warhead and Dead Water and then I saw the solicit for issues 22-23:

”CROWN OF ATLANTIS" part one! Beleaguered by ceaseless conflict with the surface world and rising frustration with their outsider king, the people of Atlantis take steps to depose Arthur from his throne. And he won't let go without a fight! The next major movement of the AQUAMAN saga begins here!

We already went through this in Geoff John's, Jeff Parker's, and Cullen Bunn's runs. And Abnett just spent like 18 issues redoing Throne of Atlantis. I'm tired of Aquaman's rule always being in flux, move on already.

Dusknoir

Flash cut to monthly before Aquaman. Also that Wonder Woman Annual looks great. Nicola Scott makes a return for it. Superwoman get a new writer. I've been enjoying it since the beginning so that make me nervous but it should get some of you guys into it. Francis returns to Trinity #9 so skip the two issues between written by that guy who can't write Darth Maul.

Edit: My bad Flash wasn't a cut. Issue 22 was announced a month before as a part of the Button crossover.

Deadpool, ASM, and Thor beat it out.

ASM got rebooted coming out of secret wars, starting the Parker industries business so that one's out.

Forgot about Thor- I don't know how many issues she had prior to SW. Also don't read deadpool.

edit: Thor is WAY behind Spiderman 2099.

Thor Vol 4: #1-8 Prior to Secret Wars
Mighty Thor will only have about 17 issues when May hits.

Spiderman 2099's arc consists of Spiderman 2099 vol 2 #1-12, Secret Wars 2099 #1-5 (if you want to count those, they're odd), and Spiderman 2099 vol 3 #1-23 by may.

So right now only Deadpool *might* have a longer running arc than Miguel does, because Thor doesn't, and ASM doesn't.

This looks interesting too. A good place to start reading LOSH?

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC

Written by OTTO BINDER, JERRY SIEGEL, EDMOND HAMILTON and others • Art by AL PLASTINO, CURT SWAN and others • Cover by J. BONE

The tales that introduced the teen-team known as the Legion of Super-Heroes are collected in an Omnibus Edition for the first time! Don't miss these stories from the pages of ADVENTURE COMICS #247, #267, #282, #290, #293 and #300-328; ACTION COMICS #267, #276, #287 and #289; SUPERMAN #147; SUPERMAN ANNUAL #4 and SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #72, #76; and SUPERBOY #86, #89, #98 and #117.

On sale AUGUST 2 • 680 pg, FC, $75.00 US

I remember liking it quite a bit back when it came out, but haven't read it since.

Thanks. Might include it in a future order. A bit expensive though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I was excited for Aquaman to get back to superhero stuff with Warhead ad Dead Water and then I saw the solicit for issues 22-23:

We already went through this in Geoff John's, Jeff Parker's, and Cullen Bunn's runs. And Abnett just spent like 18 issues redoing Throne of Atlantis. I'm tired of Aquaman's rule always being in flux, move on already.

Reason why I dropped it ages ago. Going nowhere, just repeats of previous stories.

shingi70

Banned
I was excited for Aquaman to get back to superhero stuff with Warhead ad Dead Water and then I saw the solicit for issues 22-23:

I'm a fan of this stuff, I mean he's king so alot of the stories have to revolve around Atlantis for better or worse. I like King Aquaman more than I like superhero AC.

I'm a fan of this stuff, I mean he's king so alot of the stories have to revolve around Atlantis for better or worse. I like King Aquaman more than I like superhero AC.
I feel the book is going to be threading water until it gets its crossover/special arc with a plot outline from Johns like The Button and Superman Reborn are. Johns said he would co-write a big arc with Abnett that he wanted to do back when he was on the book, right? The Seven Seas?

Leth's tweets. :(

Another retailer speaking their mind and providing numbers.

BC lists all the dead Marvel books.

I'm bowing out for the night~

Reason why I dropped it ages ago. Going nowhere, just repeats of previous stories.

Yeah....I might have to drop it because this is starting to annoy the crap out of me. There have to be other stories you can tell with Aquaman. Maybe I'll go and read the Peter David issues I bought awhile ago.

But why can't it be a story of him solving poverty or crime in his kingdom? Or maybe expand the role of the other characters and show their personal issues and how Aquaman helps them. Nope, someone or something is always trying to take his crown away or pit Atlantis vs the surface world. Shit is old.

Sandfox

I am not a fan of Abnett as a writer.

ASM got rebooted coming out of secret wars, starting the Parker industries business so that one's out.

Forgot about Thor- I don't know how many issues she had prior to SW. Also don't read deadpool.

edit: Thor is WAY behind Spiderman 2099.

Thor Vol 4: #1-8 Prior to Secret Wars
Mighty Thor will only have about 17 issues when May hits.

Spiderman 2099's arc consists of Spiderman 2099 vol 2 #1-12, Secret Wars 2099 #1-5 (if you want to count those, they're odd), and Spiderman 2099 vol 3 #1-23 by may.

So right now only Deadpool *might* have a longer running arc than Miguel does, because Thor doesn't, and ASM doesn't.
I consider Jason Aaron's time on Thor to be one long story.

Top Bottom