• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

TheFlow

Banned
I enjoyed the first volume of it a lot, despite not being so sure originally. It's very good.

I have the compendium or w/e with the first 40 issues or so on Humble Bundle too. I keep forgetting I have that. Gotta read it sometime.

I started Stormwatch by Ellis and JLA by Morrison this week and both are great. Team books are so fun when they're good.

the first volume of stray bullets won two eisners.

Owzers

I put re7 on easy mode because I didn't assume the gameplay would be that rewarding and I think I made the right decision. I played a bit more last night and I'm mildly enjoying it? Maybe? Gotta get those keys!

I put re7 on easy mode because I didn't assume the gameplay would be that rewarding and I think I made the right decision. I played a bit more last night and I'm mildly enjoying it? Maybe? Gotta get those keys!

Sillymonkey playing something other than Overwatch?!

Marvel's May solicits. Yep, Thunderbolts is gone.

Disappointing SG solicit text based on their usual high standards. Brilliant cover though.

92x4rVC.jpg

Owzers

Sillymonkey playing something other than Overwatch?!
I need to send it back to gamefly to get horizon dawn but I'm only an hour in. Still feels like a game inspired by re and not re. I dislike running in circles and hiding from enemies, also no melee stomp on downed enemies :/

Jason Aaron officially off Dr Strange starting in May. Kinda amazing they announced this is the solicits.

DOCTOR STRANGE #21
DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • NIKO HENRICHON (A)

• And welcome new ongoing writer DENNIS HOPELESS (ALL-NEW X-MEN, SPIDER-WOMAN, JEAN GREY) and artist NIKO HENRICHON (Pride of Baghdad, NEW MUTANTS).

I see it was mentioned already, but for the Batgirl sale on Comixology, definitely checkout the Stephanie Brown run by Bryan Q. Miller. Good comics.

ElNarez

Banned
so you know how many people, over many years, have repeatedly said that you can't use the X-Men as stand-ins for specific real-life minorities because it's clueless at best, and pretty offensive at worst?

anyways here's the solicit for Secret Warriors (2017) #1

SECRET WARRIORS #1

Matthew Rosenberg (W), Javier Garron (A), Tradd Moore (C), David Nakayama (VC), Robbi Rodriguez (VC), Marco D'Alfonso (VC).

* A Secret Empire tie-in! Captain America has been revealed to be an agent of Hydra -- and he's coming after Inhumans! S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Daisy Johnson, a.k.a. Quake, wants no part of Hydra, so she goes underground, teaming up with Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, Karnak and Inferno to set things right -- for the Inhumans, but also for the entire country! Secret Warriors is one part coming-of-age story, one part spy-thriller, all action and all heart. Don't miss the next (and final?) generation of Inhumans as they take the Marvel Universe by storm!

How many people here have quit floppies?

Not fully, because there would still be a few books I like to follow month to month like Power Rangers and the Hasbroverse. But I haven't bought a floppy in years apart from the Detective Comics 75th Anniversary special, and that book was so big it had a spine so it only sort of counts.

I have a few from sub boxes lying around here somewhere as well. Star Wars #1, some TV spinoffs, and I have a couple of the Harley Quinn Loot Crate one because they fucked up and sent me three of the same box.

Sandfox

so you know how many people, over many years, have repeatedly said that you can't use the X-Men as stand-ins for specific real-life minorities because it's clueless at best, and pretty offensive at worst?

anyways here's the solicit for Secret Warriors (2017) #1

I have never seen anyone say that and I think you're reaching here.

Messi

Please no spoilers for the solicits. I want to read them on my lunch. I hope every month that Gurihuru is still on gwenpool

Whoa, just saw this!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1702/21/marveltrades.htm

Finally a reprint for Ennis Punisher. And no price bump even. Hopefully this also means there will a reprint for Fraction Iron Fist.

PUNISHER BY GARTH ENNIS OMNIBUS HC (NEW PRINTING)

Written by GARTH ENNIS & STEVE DILLON Penciled by STEVE DILLON, DARICK ROBERTSON, TOM MANDRAKE, CAM KENNEDY, JOHN MCCREA, DOUG BRAITHWAITE & JOE QUESADA Cover by TIM BRADSTREET

The bodies of drug dealers, murderers and the scum of the Earth litter the streets -- the Punisher is back, and more brutal than ever, courtesy of writer Garth Ennis! The critically acclaimed creator that brought you Preacher restores one of the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe to his former glory and ultraviolent roots. Stripped of sidekicks, spiritual directives and other excess baggage, the vengeance-crazed vigilante hits the mean streets of New York City with a renewed sense of purpose! Lawbreakers beware: Frank Castle is locked, loaded and waiting for you to slip up! Collecting PUNISHER (2000) #1-12, PUNISHER (2001) #1-7 and #13-37, PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE, and material from MARVEL KNIGHTS DOUBLE SHOT #1.

1,136 pages, $100.

We are getting a Vader omnibus too.

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER BY KIERON GILLEN & SALVADOR LARROCA OMNIBUS HC

Written by KIERON GILLEN & JASON AARON Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA, MIKE DEODATO JR., LEINIL FRANCIS YU & MORE Cover by KAARE ANDREWS

One of the greatest antagonists in all of fiction rises again! Fresh from a stinging defeat at the hands of the Rebel Alliance, Darth Vader must reassert the Empire's iron grip on the galaxy. But will his personal desire for vengeance against the young Jedi who destroyed the Death Star distract from Vader's duty to the Emperor? As a fateful quest begins, the Dark Lord of the Sith will face new threats to his power. And as other villains old and new play their part -- from Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt to diabolical debutant Aphra and the killer droids Triple-Zero and BeeTee-One -- will Vader's imperial march continue, or will his schemes prove his undoing? Collecting DARTH VADER #1-25 and ANNUAL #1, STAR WARS: VADER DOWN and STAR WARS (2015) #13-14.

736 pages, $100.

And a Planet Hulk omnibus.

HULK: PLANET HULK OMNIBUS HC

Written by GREG PAK, J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI, DANIEL WAY, PETER DAVID & BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS Penciled by MIKE MCKONE, KEU CHA, Juan Roman Cano Santacruz, CARLO PAGULAYAN, AARON LOPRESTI, RAFA SANDOVAL, ALEX MALEEV AND MORE Cover by LADRONN

The strongest one there is, in his most savage story ever! After a brutal battle between the Hulk and the Fantastic Four, Earth's greatest heroes decide that for the good of all -- they must shoot the Hulk into space! But when he lands on the savage world of Sakaar, an epic for the ages begins. This one has it all: Strange alien planet! Oppressed barbarian tribes! Corrupt emperor! Deadly woman warrior! Gladiators and slaves! Battle-axes and hand blasters! Monsters and champions! And the Incredible Hulk! Let the smashing commence! Plus: an alternate take, a guidebook to Sakaar and Amadeus Cho's totally awesome debut! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #533-535, INCREDIBLE HULK (2000) #88-105, GIANT-SIZE HULK (2006) #1, WHAT IF? PLANET HULK, PLANET HULK: GLADIATOR GUIDEBOOK and material from NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI (2006) #1 and AMAZING FANTASY (2004) #15.

656 pages, $100.

Top Bottom