• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was waiting for years for a Planet Hulk Reprint, but not as an Omnibus. Not paying 100€ for that one. Maybe I am going to buy the OHCs or so.

One question - Does anyone remember how the Illuminati shot Banner into space? They mentioned that the Hulk rampaged through Vegas, I would love to read this, can anyone point me to specific issues?

Owzers

Double shipping gwenpool and no digital codes...I'm debating waiting for MU, especially if I drop the flop buying and lose the dcbs discount

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maximus The Mad has been cast for the Inhumans show

iwan_rheon_-_getty_-_h_2017.jpg

tumblr_inline_ob3erm3ncF1rqpcix_500.jpg

thats...actually really fucking good casting

giphy.gif

I have never seen anyone say that and I think you're reaching here.
Really? I've seen it said quite a bit, and I think it's a solid critique. There's a number of reasons the Xmen (and now the inhumans, I guess) don't rely work as standins for real minority issues.

Also Tim Drake sucks.

mreddie

Double shipping gwenpool and no digital codes...I'm debating waiting for MU, especially if I drop the flop buying and lose the dcbs discount

One is the non Guru issue and the other starts the next arc, likely to answer how Gwen ended up in the book universe

mreddie

So...

-Black Panther: World Of Wakanda
-Deadpool & The Mercs For Money
-Great Lakes Avengers
-Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat
Out.

And jebbus, double shipping out of the wazoo.

Sandfox

That's kind of backwards thinking. There isn't anything that requires Secret Empire to end in August. Marvel is just trying to cram as much content into the market as they can,
Marvel has plans to make changes later this year and having it release less frequently would push that back.

All double shipping does for me, in the case of Marvel, is make me drop books faster than I usually would. It's not a mark against double shipping, I have loved it with DC, but I've been pretty bad about dropping Marvel books pretty easily already and turning some to double shipping just makes me drop some that I've already stayed on longer than I probably would have.

tim1138

That's kind of backwards thinking. There isn't anything that requires Secret Empire to end in August. Marvel is just trying to cram as much content into the market as they can,

Oh I'm sure the annual relaunch is planned for the fall to coincide with Secret Empire ending. The real question is will the relaunch happen before Secret Empire finishes like the past two ones have gone down.

mreddie

All double shipping does for me, in the case of Marvel, is make me drop books faster than I usually would. It's not a mark against double shipping, I have loved it with DC, but I've been pretty bad about dropping Marvel books pretty easily already and turning some to double shipping just makes me drop some that I've already stayed on longer than I probably would have.

Feels like some of the double ships are to quickly advance the storylines before the relaunch.

Sandfox

Oh I'm sure the annual relaunch is planned for the fall to coincide with Secret Empire ending. The real question is will the relaunch happen before Secret Empire finishes like the past two ones have gone down.
Given the number of artists on the book I would expect it to finish on time.

Owzers

I don't like the idea of spending $8 for two issues of a book in a month. With dcbs it was better, 4.80, and they had digital codes. The value just isn't there and waiting six months for MU just seems practical.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, Miss America still wears one of these:

2012_cheap_promotion_plastic_sunglasses_lowest_shutter.jpg

I remember these from school... This was like 6 years ago... Please tell me there are no folks who think young people still wear those?

So, a friend gifted me a Gwenpool pop vinyl. Not sure if I want to fall down this rabbit hole.

Look at your Gwenpool pop

Now look back at your screen

now back at your screen

now back where your Gwenpool pop is

Now there are two pops

You are already down the rabbit hole

Are they double shipping, but still charging $4 a pop?

But of course.

I don't like the idea of spending $8 for two issues of a book in a month. With dcbs it was better, 4.80, and they had digital codes. The value just isn't there and waiting six months for MU just seems practical.

I keep forgetting to cancel MU, but maybe with the changing landscape I should keep it.

Speaking of MU, I got a code for a free month to give out, the code expires at 12:00 AM ET so be quick, quote to see (and post if you took it!):
CODE

Now look back at your screen

now back at your screen

now back where your Gwenpool pop is

Now there are two pops

You are already down the rabbit hole

I'm at 60, now. It never ends.

Owzers

But of course.

I keep forgetting to cancel MU, but maybe with the changing landscape I should keep it.

Speaking of MU, I got a code for a free month to give out, the code expires at 12:00 AM ET so be quick, quote to see (and post if you took it!):
CODE

I'm at 60, now. It never ends.
The code has been used already.

It was used by me! Thanks.

mreddie

That's just more deterring. It's like a show all of a sudden airing multiple episodes each week all of a sudden. "Let's just dump this shit, and move on."

I get they want to relaunch since Marvoo Shattered Dreams is a bomba but fucking hell, rushing to the next one seems idiotic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, Miss America still wears one of these:

I remember these from school... This was like 6 years ago... Please tell me there are no folks who think young people still wear those?

she's a Sasha fan

Entrance%2Bwith%2BTitle%2B2.gif

Owzers

My problem with MU is that I get caught up in a buffet of mediocre comics just like I did when I bought 40 monthlies, there is no option to drop a book, it's there, it's always there.

Top Bottom