• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Fatale #11 was good, though I wish they stuck to their original "smaller" story rather than let it expand. Feels like it's going to slow things down too much, and hit too many of the same notes the first arcs did. I love the noir / horror mix going on, I just hope it doesn't get old.

Ed machina is my favorite BKV story.

It's so good - one of the few comics I'd love to see adapted to a TV show. Doubly so if they got HBO to do it.

Who is next? jon Bones?

hmm? i'll take a look.

Has anyone stuck with Dial H? I've been ordering it but haven't read it since issue #4

I looooved the first few issues but have changed to a policy of tradewaiting everything because it hurts the wallet less long-run. I need to go check some release dates. thanks for the reminder.

I love BKV and right now I think I love his Mystique series the best. It does change all the time though. Runaways is always in my heart.

If you haven't checked it out, it was very Alias-esque. The JJ Abrams Alias not the Bendis Alias, although the latter would have been cool too.

akira28

Funny enough, the only thing I think about when I remember Alias is that time she asked Luke Cage to do that infamous sex act. And her reasons for why. It just sits awkward in my mind.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
who wants to join me on the Shang-Chi hypetrain? this bit is going to go places:

1MNxj.jpg

You won't be disappointed.

i wasn't, it was great. gorgeous art and awesome pulpy story. consider me a fan.

Funny enough, the only thing I think about when I remember Alias is that time she asked Luke Cage to do that infamous sex act. And her reasons for why. It just sits awkward in my mind.

Alias is my fave Marvel run ever. *hugs hardcover*

Brah, jon bones....glad you liked it, and yeah Shang Chi does look pretty sweet.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I finally read the whole thing and the ending upset me a lot.

On a semi-related note what ever happened to the comic book club monthly thing?

I think there was some discussion on what to do for the second month, but then it just didn't materialize. I think it was hard to sustain enough interest for a month-long thread for reading something that probably only takes a couple hours at most.

Ed machina is my favorite BKV story.
I liked Ex Machina, but it could've been less episodic. There were a few too many arcs where he deals with some pet political issue while someone from his past causes trouble in a costume. That was a pattern that got old.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Is Avengers vs X-Men worth reading? A buddy told me i should read it before diving into All New X-Men.

It's better to just Wiki the important stuff. It's pretty terrible, but it does set up the crappy Marvel Now! stuff.

Hawkguy is amazing tho. Cap America is pretty neat so far too. Neither really need AvX.

Also, just read the first 2 of Cable. What a terrible, terrible, terrible, horrible, terrible book. God it's bad. Almost as bad as the new Thunderbolts. Which makes me kinda sad.

It's better to just Wiki the important stuff. It's pretty terrible, but it does set up the crappy Marvel Now! stuff.

Hawkguy is amazing tho. Cap America is pretty neat so far too. Neither really need AvX.

Also, just read the first 2 of Cable. What a terrible, terrible, terrible, horrible, terrible book. God it's bad. Almost as bad as the new Thunderbolts. Which makes me kinda sad.
What??? Cable and the X force is a good book.

zeeaykay

I forgot one of my other favorites, Daytripper. That was a thinker, and beautiful too. Anyone else a fan?

I loved the art in that and saw that Gabriel Bá and Fábio Moon did a seemingly pretty well received series Casanova (with writer Matt Fraction who seems pretty weel loved here with his work on Hawkeye). Any fans of that here?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So I'm getting caught up on a lot of stuff. Haven't read any books since the New 52 came out, so I'm way behind on everything.

In the last few days, I've been blown away by Thor: God of Thunder. HOLY SHIT this is awesome, even if all issues do cost $3.99!

Also really impressed with Batman, the whole Council of Owls thing. I'm only up to #7 in that arc, but I'm really enjoying it. This lead me to Talon, which I'm really enjoying as well.

Going to start in on Flash and Action Comics soon, are there any others with superior writing that I should check out that I'm not too far behind on?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So I'm getting caught up on a lot of stuff. Haven't read any books since the New 52 came out, so I'm way behind on everything.

In the last few days, I've been blown away by Thor: God of Thunder. HOLY SHIT this is awesome, even if all issues do cost $3.99!

Also really impressed with Batman, the whole Council of Owls thing. I'm only up to #7 in that arc, but I'm really enjoying it. This lead me to Talon, which I'm really enjoying as well.

Going to start in on Flash and Action Comics soon, are there any others with superior writing that I should check out that I'm not too far behind on?

Batwoman!

I really enjoy the Green Lantern series now too. All Star Western is really good, but probably only if you grew up on westerns like me.

smr00

Banned
Not really. Maybe AvX Consequences but even that isn't really unnecessary.

A summary would suffice, but you really need to go into ANXM knowing what happened in AvX.

I'll just wiki it up then, thanks for the replies. Any current Avengers stuff worth reading? Seems like 30 different Avengers comics are going on.

Acid08

Banned
I'll just wiki it up then, thanks for the replies. Any current Avengers stuff worth reading? Seems like 30 different Avengers comics are going on.

Avengers/New Avengers by Hickman have been good, not amazing.

Young Avengers comes out this month which I'm pretty excited for.

ReiGun

Aquaman and Earth 2.

Acid08

Banned
What's the title of it? Comixology brings up nothing with Hawkguy.

You guys fucking with me?

It's just called Hawkeye.

But you're about to know all about Hawkguy. My advice is to buy the first three issues and see how you like it.

also :lol

I've been reading marvel comics, the untold story. Very good read if any of you are interested. I think it's 1650 on amazon.

I just read that in the 90s Scott
Lobdell was making 85 grand a month. How is that even possible?

Writing the most popular book on the market back when that meant something has it's advantages

You don't wanna know what Rob Liefeld's paycheck looked like. Homeboy was a millionaire by his early 30s.

BTW RC, you still modding SRK? I haven't been there in ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom