• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I doubt Marvel would blow that creative wad on X-23. It would super awesome if whatever that was had Magik in it though since Coipel drawing Magik during AvX gave me happypants. :3

h8jh0.jpg
YAMhQ.jpg

I doubt Marvel would blow that creative wad on X-23. It would super awesome if whatever that was had Magik in it though since Coipel drawing Magik during AvX gave me happypants. :3

gah

really making me regret not buying up the JMS/Copiel Thor run during that sale.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In other news DC continues to put out animated gold:

First Look: Matt Bomer Gets Animated for Superman: Unbound

Matt Bomer is going up, up and away — into the world of animation. The mild-mannered White Collar star has landed the lead in the upcoming movie Superman: Unbound. Coming this spring to DVD, Blu-ray and On Demand, the film features an all-star cast, including Fringe's John Noble as the world-destroying alien Brainiac and Castle costars Stana Katic and Molly Quinn as Superman's girlfriend, Lois Lane, and cousin, Kara (aka Supergirl), respectively.

Based on a 2008 Action Comics storyline by Geoff Johns, Superman: Unbound — the latest in a series of movie adaptations from Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment — pits the Man of Steel against Brainiac, an alien who attacks planets, shrinks one city small enough to fit in a bottle, then destroys the rest of the planet. "He's the ultimate collector," says director/supervising producer James Tucker (Batman: The Brave and the Bold). "He says what he's doing is the name of science and ultimate knowledge, but really he just wants stuff and he doesn't want anyone else to have access to it."

Why can't Marvel do shit like this? That said I am looking forward to it.

Owzers

Amazon has Hellboy Library vol 6 up for pre-order, allegedly releasing in July.....i'll be hording up my Hellboy in Hell issues until then so i can finally catch up!

Also need to order Fear Agent Omnibus vol 2 eventually...

Acid08

Banned
Amazon has Hellboy Library vol 6 up for pre-order, allegedly releasing in July.....i'll be hording up my Hellboy in Hell issues until then so i can finally catch up!

Also need to order Fear Agent Omnibus vol 2 eventually...
Hellboy In Hell is amazing so far. I have the first Fear Agent volume ordered, need to order the second one too when I have the cash.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
New animated DC movie this spring, they are pushing it out fast, I haven't even heard of it.

We've known the title and premise for awhile. It'll probably be out May/June, since Dark Knight Returns Part 2 has their first 2013 slot.

I don't think it's been 100% confirmed, but Justice League: Flashpoint is expected to be the next one after that. Kevin Conroy had given away that he'd recorded for it.

Fuck Marvel and their shit animated movies. If they had any brains we'd be getting XMen: Inferno, Miller's DD, Iron Fist etc.

Instead we have to settle for Disney crap Spidey and Hulk vs Thor.

I just don't see the point of the animated movies. I watched Year One and seeing it in motion is in no way worth losing Mazzuchelli's art style. Same with All Star Superman and Quitely's. Such a pointless exercise.

Best thing about Hulk vs was Deadpool. Thor part was ass. That Ultimate Avengers thing they did was ass, too.

Their cartoons aight, though. I fucks wit Spectacular Spider-Man.

Acid08

Banned
I just don't see the point of the animated movies. I watched Year One and seeing it in motion is in no way worth losing Mazzuchelli's art style. Same with All Star Superman and Quitely's. Such a pointless exercise.

The All-Star Superman movie was fucking AWFUL.

The All-Star Superman movie was fucking AWFUL.

I didn't watch that one. I have the Absolute Edition, why the hell would I?

I think the last DCAU adaptation I liked was "For the Man who has Everything". Gibbons artwork is nice, but Superman's voice acting really KILLED his lines in the show, it hit me harder. Even the "Burn!" part was delivered perfectly. Plus, Wonder Woman straight up SUPLEXES Mongul. Hold dat shit, Alan Moore.

How much of it is worth reading? I see all those issues are permanently 99 cents on comixology.

They're all pretty fun reads! Clever, accessible stories with great, clean artwork. Even the lesser stories have a baseline level of quality that makes them enjoyable. My favorites were:

#16: "Clark Kent, You're a Nobody!" Clark Kent discovers that he has no more powers, and someone else is flying around as Superman. Who could be behind this!?

#19: "The Bodyguard of Steel" Superman has to defend the president. There's a hilarious Lex Luthor scene in here.

jbj1xtSVdMYzG.jpg

#22-23: "War Games". 2-parter, my favorite of the run. No spoilers, but it's awesome, and you should buy it.

#27: "How Much Can One Man Hate?" A wonderful Lex Luthor story

#28: "Jimmy Olsen vs Darkseid" Jimmy and Superman switch bodies on accident, hilarity ensues.

#35: "Never Play with the Toyman's Toys". Very fun Toyman story

#37: "Clark Kent: Public Enemy" Sequel to #19 in a way, this one is fun to read from beginning to end

#52: "A Death in the Family" Supergirl is dying, and Lex Luthor is the only one who can help!

Owzers

rolling through my backlog Angel and Faith issues, finished #15, which was the best issue in awhile. Still not a great book though, 6 or 7ish territory if you're a fan of the show/characters.

Real talk: I'd never ever wanna fight Misty Knight.

AQppG.jpg

That girl would tear you up.

alicia keys misty knight = best misty knight

Best thing about Hulk vs was Deadpool. Thor part was ass. That Ultimate Avengers thing they did was ass, too.

Their cartoons aight, though. I fucks wit Spectacular Spider-Man.

spectacular spider-man was alright. didnt even out the complete bore that was avengers: earth's mightiest and the shitfest that was wolverine & the xmen. christopher yost stay losing.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
spectacular spider-man was alright. didnt even out the complete bore that was avengers: earth's mightiest and the shitfest that was wolverine & the xmen. christopher yost stay losing.

So much wrong in this post o.o

I like EMH and wolverine an he xmen. Season 2 was gong to be age if apocalypse .

Also waids daredevil is 99 cents on comixology so get at that

After two years of lurking around these forums I've finally decided to join Neogaf and I always loved this thread on this site. I've been collecting single issues for the past two years and am currently reading All New X-men, Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers, Batman and Indestructible Hulk. P.S. There a great Daredevil sale on Comixology that includes Waid's first 11 issues.

Nesotenso

After two years of lurking around these forums I've finally decided to join Neogaf and I always loved this thread on this site. I've been collecting single issues for the past two years and am currently reading All New X-men, Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers, Batman and Indestructible Hulk. P.S. There a great Daredevil sale on Comixology that includes Waid's first 11 issues.

Welcome.

ComicGAF has a lot of cool people.

frye

Cool, now you can join in on great neogaf threads like the one that spent 10 pages debating whether or not a woman palming her drink in front of a guy is considered offensive.

smr00

Banned
Alright bros the hawkguy won me over.

The second i got to the bro panel with the russians i immediately backed out and bought all the current issues.

ReiGun

Another for the Hawkeye Initiative!

Welcome!

Welcome!

Thanks for all the greetings ! I gotta profess my love for Uncanny X-force which was my first single issue I bought and now that its ended my pull list hasn't felt same every since =( . I'm hoping Remender can live up to the heights of Uncanny X-force with Uncanny Avengers even though it's had a slow start I hope it finishes the first arc strong. The next arc sounds raw was fuck though and Daniel Acuna is a great artist so I'm just hanging in there with that title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom