• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
I fucking love Batman. I fucking love Spider-Man. Spider-Man is not Batman. Unless you're Dan fucking Slott, Shitmeister Extraordinaire, in which case, these kinds of fucking awful things happen.

ElNarez

Banned
I mean...

1) I heard that they wanted a more Batman-like character... that's part of what sets him apart from Kaine - I mean, you saw his prep in #1, right?
2) Natch. They had Spider-Ock on a building with the Spider-Signal behind him months ago. Combined with solicits about him working with Jameson... I assumed he'd get a signal

If you want a more Batman-like character, you don't write Spider-Man. Batman and Spider-Man, as ideas, are almost the polar opposite of one another. If you have half a brain, and you're not Dan Slott, you know that. And you don't conjure up an incredibly stupid elaborate set of circumstances whose only goal is to get you to write The Amazing Spider-Batman, without care for consistent characterization, internal logic or common fucking sense.

Acid08

Banned
If you want a more Batman-like character, you don't write Spider-Man. Batman and Spider-Man, as ideas, are almost the polar opposite of one another. If you have half a brain, and you're not Dan Slott, you know that. And you don't conjure up an incredibly stupid elaborate set of circumstances whose only goal is to get you to write The Amazing Spider-Batman, without care for consistent characterization, internal logic or common fucking sense.
Haha what the fuck are you even on about?

Ock Spidey approaches things in a different way than Peter does, OMG SLOTT SUCH A HACK.

ElNarez

Banned
If you don't get the idea that there's a fundamental, philosophical, difference between Batman and Spider-Man and that trying to make one more like the other is a terrible idea that goes against everything the character is and what he represents as a concept, I don't think we can be friends anymore.

If you are going to cynically make the main Spider-Man book about something it's absolutely not, you might as well go for Spider-Wolverine. At least that would sell gangbusters.

Acid08

Banned
If you don't get the idea that there's a fundamental, philosophical, difference between Batman and Spider-Man and that trying to make one more like the other is a terrible idea that goes against everything the character is and what he represents as a concept, I don't think we can be friends anymore.

If you are going to cynically make the main Spider-Man book about something it's absolutely not, you might as well go for Spider-Wolverine. At least that would sell
gangbusters.
The whole point of the series is to do something different until Peter is back for good. You want the same old Spidey stories that gave been told since the 60's and have no way to argue your position without sounding like a raging 14 year old. But keep giving money to something you hate, that'll show those hacks!

So im reading through all the BND stuff to catch up on Spider-Man and I just finished the storyline where Peter Parker is really chameleon in disguise. If Peter Parker was real I wonder how he would feel knowing that he is like the easiest person to impersonate by everyone apparently.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
All you a-holes need to go back and read I Vamp now! I been privy to that shit since last September and nobody reads it!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
New artist ain't even bad but, like, put his Mary up against Sorrentino's Mary and it's like I've lost a loved one.

LiQuid!

To be fair, his Ollie looks just like his Andrew Bennett so I'm sure Aja was just aping his shit when he started Hawkguy. ;)

Huh. I didn't figure even Dematteis could save Phantom Stranger but there we go.

Go figure. Fantastic JLDark appearance too. Very creepy.

LiQuid!

I, Vampire is one of those DC titles I have been meaning to check out. How crossover-y is it?

You need (they are 100% required) 2 issues of Justice League Dark (I can't remember which ones, like 7 and 8 maybe?) but that's been it so far.

I, Vampire is one of those DC titles I have been meaning to check out. How crossover-y is it?

Love me some I, Vampire. I've been with it from the beginning. It's not quite as good as American Vampire, but it's a good book. And as mentioned, yeah, two issues of JL:D, that's it for the crossover.

tm24

I love Punisher War Zone

CuVov.jpg

JJD

Man I know most people here don't like Avengers Arena, but I'm having fun with that book.

And Kev Walker art is just amazing!

Man I know most people here don't like Avengers Arena, but I'm having fun with that book.

I feel you brah, it's a great book along with Cable and The X Force.

Absolutely stunned that Heroes For Hire was not announced today.

Yeah, I haven't checked it out yet, but the consensus seems to be that it's a love it/hate it type book. I may check it out, as there haven't been a ton of the Marvel NOW books that really appeal to me. As far as Marvel goes, I've been reading FF, Indestructible Hulk, Uncanny Avengers, and Deadpool. I'll probably check out Guardians of the Galaxy too, once that starts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom