• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
YESSSS this is the panther book we wanted

prv14828_pg3.jpg

Yes! Seeing namor get ganked is gonna be beautiful.

kswiston

New Avengers is a clever way to write a Black Panter book that will actually sell. Really looking forward to seeing what Hickman does with the title.

Avengers Arena has been a decent enough book so far, so perhaps I will check out Cable and the X-Force. It was originally on my skip list.

I'm not really sure how Jason Aaron will wrap up his first run on Thor with just one issue to go, but that book continues to be my early pick for best book of the Marvel Now! launch. For a character that I'm pretty neutral/apathetic towards, Thor has had a surprising number of solid runs in recent years.

Acid08

Banned
Fill in artists everywhere!!!

I wish Stegman could do every issue of Superior. Fuck that is a good looking book, dude was born to draw Spidey.

Fantomex

I wonder if anyone would be interested in trading codes for the titles we purchase? I'm only getting 4 titles that I can think of like UXF, Avengers, Uncanny Avengers and Cap.

New Avengers is a clever way to write a Black Panter book that will actually sell.

Re-branding everything as Avengers, X-Men & Spider-Man seems to be Marvel's strategy now. It isn't Marvel Team Up, it's Avenging Spider-Man; it's not Murderworld, it's Avengers Arena. Exiles are X-Treme X-Men; Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers, Illuminati/New Avengers, etc.

An appeals court has delivered a huge victory to Warner Bros. that will likely allow the studio to control the future of the Superman franchise.

On Thursday, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeal decided that a lower court was wrong to deny Warner Bros. subsidiary DC Comics' contention that it had a deal in 2001 with the estate of Superman co-creator Jerome Siegel. As a result, a federal judge's 2008 decision to allow the Siegel estate to recapture Superman rights is about to be wiped out.

The decision follows a ruling by a federal judge in October to deny the estate of Superman's other co-creator Joseph Shuster that ability to recapture his own portion of the Superman copyright.

Together, the decisions likely mean that Warner Bros. can exploit the Superman franchise without fear of legal hassles from the estates of Shuster and Siegel. That's significant because Warner Bros. is preparing to release this summer's big-budget Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Christopher Nolan.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-bros-wins-blockbuster-victory-410871

kswiston

Re-branding everything as Avengers, X-Men & Spider-Man seems to be Marvel's strategy now. It isn't Marvel Team Up, it's Avenging Spider-Man; it's not Murderworld, it's Avengers Arena. Exiles are X-Treme X-Men; Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers, Illuminati/New Avengers, etc.

I'm all for it if it helps those mid tier books sell better. The only people it hurts are completionists who need every book with Avengers or X-Men in the title, and they deserve it for letting so much garbage flourish in the big franchises these past 20 years.

akira28

I'll kill Namor.

Does my heart good to see that panel. I was imagining something like that myself reading the issue before it.

If Batman can beat Superman, and Panther beats Batman, then T'challa has this in the bag.

Very nice analog. T'Challa will fuck his shit up with some sort of unstable molecule with water absorption that just fucks his shit up. Namor is powerful but his weakness is right there. Dried up, he goes insane, grows weak, dies.

But will Namor make a move on Storm?

zargle

I'll kill Namor.

So as someone who has not really kept up with Avengers side of things the last few years (I just get two x-men titles monthly), can someone explain why Panther would hold this position of hatred towards Namor? With appropriate spoiler tags as necessary, of course.

MisterHero

So as someone who has not really kept up with Avengers side of things the last few years (I just get two x-men titles monthly), can someone explain why Panther would hold this position of hatred towards Namor? With appropriate spoiler tags as necessary, of course.
Avengers vs X-Men:

Phoenix Namor wrecks the crap out of Wakanda

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

namor flooded Wakanda like a bitch

I think someone at my local library is a gaffer/gaf lurker. When I was picking up my holds I noticed on the shelf someone reserved Wolverine & The X-Men and Gillen's Uncanny X-Men tpbs as well as the At the mountain of madness graphic novel that everyones talking about in the movie thread.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Thor God of Thunder has been excellent so far, and issue #4 was no different. A little bit slower than the past three issues, but the final reveal was very good. Can't wait until next month.

Can you sell me on it? I was thinking of going back and ordering the old issues.

Well I don't want to sell you on it until I've read more than the first issue, but essentially you have the story of a rich oil heir, who has decided to change from his playboy lifestyle. Sounds pretty common, but as the story progresses, things become more interesting. After reading the first issue, I don't even know what role the giant trash heap in the middle of the pacific plays, but it is very intriguing. Art is pretty great in my opinion as well, but I don't have as refined of an eye as some people here.

I'll be picking up issue 2 and 3 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom