• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
line1-10-10-620x949.jpg

frye

Someone recommend me some good Shade the Changing Man trades.

If you're looking for the 90's Vertigo series then you're stuck with back issue bin hunting. DC is pants on head retarded and only published 3 collections. If you're looking for the Ditko stuff, it might be in one of those Ditko omnibuses.

ElNarez

Banned
Cloak and Dagger will make it big one day, just believe in them. Believe in hope. Believe in love.

That Spencer/Rios mini during Spider-Island was the bomb, and it brought a lot of pretty neat ideas to the table.

So of course, their next appearance is in a Jeph Loeb Wolverine story arc, with all of those ideas discarded and a way stupid take on their characters.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
That Spencer/Rios mini during Spider-Island was the bomb, and it brought a lot of pretty neat ideas to the table.

So of course, their next appearance is in a Jeph Loeb Wolverine story arc, with all of those ideas discarded and a way stupid take on their characters.

Oh hey, we agree on something.

tim1138

If you're looking for the 90's Vertigo series then you're stuck with back issue bin hunting. DC is pants on head retarded and only published 3 collections. If you're looking for the Ditko stuff, it might be in one of those Ditko omnibuses.

Figures, thanks.

Owzers

Avengers #1 and #2 had a little too much grandstanding for my liking. I liked some of it in Fantastic Four but that felt "bigger", and now we're just getting all of it from Cap eating pizza in front of a monitor. It felt really repetitive too, as if ever third page had Cap talking about " big threats require the biggest blah blah blah blah blah" and went on forever. It reminded me of Bendis writing Scarlet, where he's just repeating the same interchangeable speeches every other page.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Well I don't want to sell you on it until I've read more than the first issue, but essentially you have the story of a rich oil heir, who has decided to change from his playboy lifestyle. Sounds pretty common, but as the story progresses, things become more interesting. After reading the first issue, I don't even know what role the giant trash heap in the middle of the pacific plays, but it is very intriguing. Art is pretty great in my opinion as well, but I don't have as refined of an eye as some people here.

I'll be picking up issue 2 and 3 soon.

If I can find the first few issues I think I'll check it out. Thanks for the description.

That Punisher: Warzone art is great. I hope it gets release as a trade because I don't want to have to find the issues.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
YESSSS this is the panther book we wanted

prv14828_pg3.jpg

Awww shiiiiieeeeeeet.
I need this book in my life now!!!!!

True indeed, this is just a Black panther book titled New Avengers.....i just hope this doesnt mean BP will stomp on Namor, fuck everything Namor the Submariner is fucking bad!

Also, the Variant cover....utter shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom