• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is that considered rape?

And the X Force sale, it's worth it for the coloring clinic Dean Wite puts on for twenty six issues.

what part of that would be rape?

and uxf is also good for openas pencils and remenders story but it might be a little tough "to get" for some

Y.A. is gonna be schway af!

With that said...her eye bothers me. But good meme material regardless
iA9L1wDowNAn7.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
what part of that would be rape?

and uxf is also good for openas pencils and remenders story but it might be a little tough "to get" for some

Considering the character's history, that would not have been out of the question. So, thank fuck Gillen knew better.

But yeah, anyone who sees anything other than a cool one-night stand IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE with a hot alien man who kinda looks like Starman-era David Bowie is reading way too hard into this just to nitpick.

AND I WOULD KNOW.

Man I know most people here don't like Avengers Arena, but I'm having fun with that book.

And Kev Walker art is just amazing!

Looking forward to:
Chase Stein: Darkhawk

I love Punisher War Zone

CuVov.jpg

Holy shit panel of the year.

If you want a more Batman-like character, you don't write Spider-Man. Batman and Spider-Man, as ideas, are almost the polar opposite of one another. If you have half a brain, and you're not Dan Slott, you know that. And you don't conjure up an incredibly stupid elaborate set of circumstances whose only goal is to get you to write The Amazing Spider-Batman, without care for consistent characterization, internal logic or common fucking sense.

Not sure when you became a Spidey fan, I know it's a bit of a curve, but as bad as any of this seems to you, it has been oh so much worse in the past, so no worries, mang.

Uncanny X-Force Comixology Sale

oh god up to issue 29

Goodbye monies.

Thanks and "Thanks" for the heads up (my moneyy). I'll give it to comixology, it's ideal for sniping the best of the best from Marvel.

Finished UXF. Awesome stuff and I'm now a huge Fantomex fan.
Any idea where he shows up next?
And is the boy in UXF in the Marvel book having to do with Wolverine's school?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Finished UXF. Awesome stuff and I'm now a huge Fantomex fan.
Any idea where he shows up next?
And is the boy in UXF in the Marvel book having to do with Wolverine's school?

Female Fantomex gonna be in Humphries' UXF. Not sure about either of the other 2. And Genesis/Evan has been in Wolverine and the X-Men since the events of Dark Angel wrapped up. That makes his appearances in Final Execution a bit of a continuity gaffe, but whatever. Comic books.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I do love me some McKelvie and will be buying the fuck out of YA to tide me over till the next Phonogram series. But is it me or is he incapable of drawing a human male who isn't a total twink? I wanna see his twinked out Wolverine. So smoooooth...

tim1138

Have you read the first volume? Seems a good place to start. I read it last year, it's like a messier and harder to read Doom Patrol.

I have not, I know very little about the character but what little I've seen I like. And since all that's collected is the Ditko omnibus and a couple volumes of Milligan's run doesn't look like I have a lot of options.

Ooh, I love me some Doom Patrol, so that intrigues me even more.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I have not, I know very little about the character but what little I've seen I like. And since all that's collected is the Ditko omnibus and a couple volumes of Milligan's run doesn't look like I have a lot of options.

Ooh, I live me some Doom Patrol, so that intrigues me even more.

Oh, then totally get the first Milligan volume, that's the logical place to start. I don't know hiow connected it is to the Ditko stuff but it seems fairly blank-slate. It's called "The American Scream" and it's pretty good.

I don't know how many Milligan trades there are, but at least try the first to see if you like it.

tim1138

Oh, then totally get the first Milligan volume, that's the logical place to start. I don't know hiow connected it is to the Ditko stuff but it seems fairly blank-slate. It's called "The American Scream" and it's pretty good.

I don't know how many Milligan trades there are, but at least try the first to see if you like it.

Looks like there's only 3, so I'll just grab them all from the library.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

Tizoc

So after a hiatus I've decided to catch up:
Avenging Spiderman 15.1:
Didn't read Amazing, but holy flying fish buckets!
I am rather interested in seeing how Otto will be as Spiderman and taking over Peter's life. Hooking back up with MJ is awesome and sad at the same time =_=

Superior Spiderman #1:
Oh come on now, just hope Peter's persona doesn't show up too much in the series

The Shazam story in Justice League 15 was fantastic, makes me want to go and rewatch Big haha.

New Avengers #1:
Hmm so this is
gonna be an Avengers book starring the Illuminati team? Was rather hoping for an Avengers team led by Panther, but a good start so far

Action Comics #16:
Nice issue, time compressions wasn't that hard for me to follow really~

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #13
WHAT IN THE NAME OF UNICRON IS GOING ON HERE?!!?
I've been saying it since the first issues of this book
WTF, Prowl, WTF?!

MLP #2
Heh loved the reference to that classic Bugs Bunny cartoon.
...and I can't believe they were fooled AGAIN =_=

Viewt

moer like derp amirite?

also Kate Bishop = tramp. Patriot? Who's that?
edit: (nevermind. It seems they retconned their chemistry into friendzoning. What's up with that? Met the interracial relationship quota?)

Well... Technically it's still interracial, since Noh-Varr's Kree...

Kidding.

Anyway, Hawkgurl's not a tramp. She's just in her early 20s (I think?), so naturally she's doing the rounds. 'Sides, Patriot was always kind of a chump. Dude took MGH, lied about it and then basically lucked out when he got the super-soldier serum via blood transfusion.

He does have a great costume, though. It's a really nice combination of Bucky and Cap with a little extra to give the costume its own identity - really solid character designing.

tumblr_m963lqRNMV1ruukiw.jpg

Anyway, Young Avengers looks way rad, and I can't wait to read it.

Fantomex

Well... Technically it's still interracial, since Noh-Varr's Kree...

Kidding.

Anyway, Hawkgurl's not a tramp. She's just in her early 20s (I think?), so naturally she's doing the rounds. 'Sides, Patriot was always kind of a chump. Dude took MGH, lied about it and then basically lucked out when he got the super-soldier serum via blood transfusion.

He does have a great costume, though. It's a really nice combination of Bucky and Cap with a little extra to give the costume its own identity - really solid character designing.

tumblr_m963lqRNMV1ruukiw.jpg

Anyway, Young Avengers looks way rad, and I can't wait to read it.

I couldn't stand Patriot in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, he was whiny. But that wasn't a comic book. From the outside all those characters in YA look like little
Rip offs. But seeing them in Children's Crusade really put them in a different light for me. Gonna pick up the new YA and hope it's dope.

New Red Hood creative team

The new writer will be Talon and Batman back-up writer James Tynion IV. He'll be working with former Marvel artist Mico Suayan, who has been providing cover art for Red Hood since issue #17.

I've been enjoying Red Hood and the Outlaws. Not the most innovative title but it's been a fun book. Pretty interested to see what James Tynion is going to do with it, especially since I've been surprised by just how good he's made Talon.

Viewt

New Red Hood creative team

I've been enjoying Red Hood and the Outlaws. Not the most innovative title but it's been a fun book. Pretty interested to see what James Tynion is going to do with it, especially since I've been surprised by just how good he's made Talon.

James Tynion could definitely end up becoming a big star at DC. Talon's been really solid, and his back-ups in Batman have been great. I think the real test will be if he can still shine without the stewardship of Scott Snyder.

I really hope that ends up being the case. DC needs more new blood. A few years ago, they had to sell American Vampire as "that book that Stephen King is co-writing" and Jeff Lemire was an indie darling from Essex County. Now Snyder and Lemire are basically running DC's creative vision. DC needs way more of that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't believe how much complaining I hear about this Frankenstein arc of WatXM... Wolverine just got
run over by a clown car (!!!)
And it looks amazing. Nicky B is totally murdering this shit.

I can't believe how much complaining I hear about this Frankenstein arc of WatXM... Wolverine just got
I was down on the previous parts of this storyline but will admit that the last one had some great moments, and it's the kind of fight you don't normally see anyone in outside of maybe Deadpool. Not sure how I feel about Idie
going to a very dark place
but we'll see where that leads I guess.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Did anyone else read the end of Sweet Tooth? It was very bittersweet, manly tears were shed. All things considered, I'd say it's been quite a successful little series. I've loved Lemire's art through the thing as well asdn this issue was easily his best yet. I hope he doesn't stop drawing any time soon.

Frankenstein threw
AN ELEPHANT AT WOLVERINE
, and Doop smacked the shit out of zombie clowns with DoopKnuckles. And yeah, it looks fantastic, Bradshaw and Martin's colors.

IDK man, I'm enjoying it.

LiQuid!

I was down on the previous parts of this storyline but will admit that the last one had some great moments, and it's the kind of fight you don't normally see anyone in outside of maybe Deadpool. Not sure how I feel about Idie
going to a very dark place
but we'll see where that leads I guess.

Frankenstein threw
AN ELEPHANT AT WOLVERINE
, and Doop smacked the shit out of zombie clowns with DoopKnuckles. And yeah, it looks fantastic, Bradshaw and Martin's colors.

IDK man, I'm enjoying it.

As per usually you dudes know what you're talking about. God, DoopKnuckles. Where do I get a pair. So good. That entire page with Doop laying waste in the margins was so beautiful.

As for Idie, it's pretty obvious she's been headed in the direction it seems like she's heading since the beginning. Since Schism she's been in the middle of pretty heavy shit and she was always the "fragile" one out of Hope's clan.

LiQuid!

Is this out in the wild? The complaining?

Both here and in the wild. Review scores, comment threads, etc. Bradshaw has always been the less popular artist on this book (much to my consternation) and the second the book went off the rails with a side story focused on one of the Hellfire kids everybody is crying and dropping the book. I swear at least a couple Comic-GAFers dropped this within the last month or two. I can get behind the sentiment that the book hasn't reached the heights of its first couple arcs (this book NEEDS Broo) but it's still really damn fun. Perfect medium between Super Serious Mutant Shit and crap like Deadpool which I just shake my head at.

Both here and in the wild. Review scores, comment threads, etc. Bradshaw has always been the less popular artist on this book (much to my consternation) and the second the book went off the rails with a side story focused on one of the Hellfire kids everybody is crying and dropping the book. I swear at least a couple Comic-GAFers dropped this within the last month or two. I can get behind the sentiment that the book hasn't reached the heights of its first couple arcs (this book NEEDS Broo) but it's still really damn fun. Perfect medium between Super Serious Mutant Shit and crap like Deadpool which I just shake my head at.

Sighhhh.

Yeah, that's mystifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom