• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Someone explain to me why the entire page is pink tho.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Did anyone else read the end of Sweet Tooth? It was very bittersweet, manly tears were shed. All things considered, I'd say it's been quite a successful little series. I've loved Lemire's art through the thing as well asdn this issue was easily his best yet. I hope he doesn't stop drawing any time soon.

If you don't know, he'll be writing and drawing Trillium (10 issue series) for Vertigo beginning later in the year. He's repeatedly said that he always wants to be drawing something, so there's not much worry about losing that.

I can't wait to read the end of Sweet Tooth. I've really loved this series. Waiting until June though... ugh.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This Cyclops costume will be laughed upon a few years from now. It's so ridiculous :(

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I guess I'm just one of those weirdos who thinks Scott's new duds look pretty interesting.

everytime i see his costume, im reminded of this

1356043325331.jpg

and proceed to laugh heartily

The Daredevil edit remains my favorite

Gotta love how Deodato just drew one bullet casing, said "fuck it", and they copy pasta the rest of them at various sizes and angles on the page

Also, that huge loud vibrating gun must be playing HAVOC on DD's senses

Gotta love how Deodato just drew one bullet casing, said "fuck it", and they copy pasta the rest of them at various sizes and angles on the page

lolll never thought of that

where are these from??

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

that one is easily one of the best. the gun that size would truly blind him.

Acid08

Banned

Yeah that one is the best. The "I'M SORRY" kills me every time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Oh man this is good too.

Fantomex

I like Scotts costume for the same reasons I think people like Superior Spider-Man. It keeps things fresh until things get back to normal and folks get hype for things being the way they always should of been. But I guess

R7xf0.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
holy crap, the edits on this page are fantastic

i love comics

IIF trades have arrived from Amazon, just waiting for my mail guys to drop off at my desk.

Now I just need to finish up my UXF trades and I can enjoy a long weekend... Need to double-check which volumes I have at home before ordering off Amazon.

After these, hopefully Hickman's FF will be announce as an omnibus otherwise, will be dropping monies for the trades.

mm mmm fine taste, indeed

IIF trades have arrived from Amazon, just waiting for my mail guys to drop off at my desk.

Now I just need to finish up my UXF trades and I can enjoy a long weekend... Need to double-check which volumes I have at home before ordering off Amazon.

After these, hopefully Hickman's FF will be announce as an omnibus otherwise, will be dropping monies for the trades.

Is this a combo-breaker post? I followed this thread the last few weeks and I am only reading about Superhero comics. I like Superheroes too but at the end I prefer European comics much more. I went to a shopping trip and picked up following comics:

I am happy to finish Jodorowsky and Gimenez' Metabaron this weekend. I loved the first two volumes. So I am excited how the story ends.

Moebius is my favorite comic artist. And so I look forward to start reading the L'Incal series. Especially since Jodorowsky is writing it. I am not sure what to expect but if it is more like Pharagonesia and "Is the Human bad?" (Sorry, I do not know the translated english title or the original title... :( ), then I will be in a treat!

Orbital is a damn great Science fiction series. If you like Mass Effect and Banks' Culture series, you should definitely check it out! Love the art.

arkon

Is this a combo-breaker post? I followed this thread the last few weeks and I am only reading about Superhero comics. I like Superheroes too but at the end I prefer European comics much more. I went to a shopping trip and picked up following comics:

I am happy to finish Jodorowsky and Gimenez' Metabaron this weekend. I loved the first two volumes. So I am excited how the story ends.

Moebius is my favorite comic artist. And so I look forward to start reading the L'Incal series. Especially since Jodorowsky is writing it. I am not sure what to expect but if it is more like Pharagonesia and "Is the Human bad?" (Sorry, I do not know the translated english title or the original title... :( ), then I will be in a treat!

Orbital is a damn great Science fiction series. If you like Mass Effect and Banks' Culture series, you should definitely check it out! Love the art.

I'm interested in this sort of stuff as it seems like European comics do a lot of cool sci-fi stories. Is Orbital available in English?

Fantomex

I'm interested in Orbital. Would I be able to find a version in English?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I could probably hang with Bachalo's art if someone else colored it. Hell Dean White makes me like JRJR's art. I don't know why Bachalo's allowed to color his own work. They might as well just release it inked with no color. Look at a book like Hollingsworth on Hawkguy where a lot of pages have a LOT of purple on them, and dull, muted earth tones. I can handle that because it's serving a thematic need. Bachalo's doesn't. It's just "this page is going to be blue, this one is red, this one is pink, this one is brown" there's no thematic consistency or reasoning for any of his color use. Bachalo draws books with a multitude of characters, and to have a big splash page with a group of X-Men on it fighting a bunch of rampaging sentinels, all of it being pink inexplicably just pisses me off and makes what could be an exciting looking page look drab, dull and shitty.

You guys can argue the virtue of Bachalo's art until you're blue in the face and I'll admit that he's talented, but until someone can give me a satisfactory answer as to why he colors as poorly as he does and/or doesn't just let someone else do it, he can go to hell.

I'm interested in this sort of stuff as it seems like European comics do a lot of cool sci-fi stories. Is Orbital available in English?

I'm interested in Orbital. Would I be able to find a version in English?
Orbital is available in English. Cinebook published it in the United Kingdom. I am not sure if you can get it in the USA. Orbital is not a finished series.

Yes. There are tons of incredible science fiction comics by European artists! Some of them were published in the USA by Marvel etc but bombed hard. Very hard. Another series I enjoyed was Universal War One. WTF ending(in a good and logical way even if the cover of the final issue is revealing it unfortunately.), great story about time travel and a mysterious object. Forever War was illustrated by a Belgian artist. So if you like the novel, you may check out the comic.

Fantomex

I could probably hang with Bachalo's art if someone else colored it. Hell Dean White makes me like JRJR's art. I don't know why Bachalo's allowed to color his own work. They might as well just release it inked with no color. Look at a book like Hollingsworth on Hawkguy where a lot of pages have a LOT of purple on them, and dull, muted earth tones. I can handle that because it's serving a thematic need. Bachalo's doesn't. It's just "this page is going to be blue, this one is red, this one is pink, this one is brown" there's no thematic consistency or reasoning for any of his color use. Bachalo draws books with a multitude of characters, and to have a big splash page with a group of X-Men on it fighting a bunch of rampaging sentinels, all of it being pink inexplicably just pisses me off and makes what could be an exciting looking page look drab, dull and shitty.

You guys can argue the virtue of Bachalo's art until you're blue in the face and I'll admit that he's talented, but until someone can give me a satisfactory answer as to why he colors as poorly as he does and/or doesn't just let someone else do it, he can go to hell.

Did you ever see his Generation X stuff? Was he coloring that also?

LiQuid!

Did you ever see his Generation X stuff? Was he coloring that also?

Nope never read but according to the 6 issues I just checked on Comic Vine, no he didn't color any of them.

arkon

Orbital is available in English. Cinebook published it in the United Kingdom. I am not sure if you can get it in the USA. Orbital is not a finished series.

Yes. There are tons of incredible science fiction comics by European artists! Some of them were published in the USA by Marvel etc but bombed hard. Very hard. Another series I enjoyed was Universal War One. WTF ending(in a good and logical way even if the cover of the final issue is revealing it unfortunately.), great story about time travel and a mysterious object. Forever War was illustrated by a Belgian artist. So if you like the novel, you may check out the comic.

Awesome. I live in the UK anyway so that's all good. I'll consider adding these to my next TPB/graphic novels/manga order.

Fantomex

Nope never read but according to the 6 issues I just checked on Comic Vine, no he didn't color any of them.

Hmm. That's interesting. I had no idea he colored his work. I understand what you mean about his "tinting". I like it but I can see how it can bother a lot of people.

What's weird is he doesn't ink it. How does THAT work. Pencils, sends it to inks, gets it BACK, and then colors it??

LiQuid!

Obviously he paints the whole page one color, then draws over it. THEN it gets inked.

/liquid

I'd buy this. Maybe he just draws on colored construction paper! Dat kindergarten style!!

Brahs, after having read Thor God of Thunder receiving praise time after time in this thread, I read the first four issues of it. I have seen the light, that shit's absolutely scrumptious, both art and storywise.

Brahs, after having read Thor God of Thunder receiving praise time after time in this thread, I read the first four issues of it. I have seen the light, that shit's absolutely scrumptious, both art and storywise.
It is incredible. I love it aswell! Marvel Now Iron Man is boring like I expected it. Captain America MN could be cool but I haven't read the second issue yet. I am enjoying the Marvel now Deadpool too. I am liking Deadpool. What other stuff would you guys recommend?

Acid08

Banned
It is incredible. I love it aswell! Marvel Now Iron Man is boring like I expected it. Captain America MN could be cool but I haven't read the second issue yet. I am enjoying the Marvel now Deadpool too. I am liking Deadpool. What other stuff would you guys recommend?
Superior Spider-Man
Secret Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom