• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ha, just saw the pic, reminded me of

ZwvmJ.png

Looks like someone finally turned off the punch dimension.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So are those MOTU comics really good? I didn't expect them to be, in all honesty.

-Mikey-

Is it hard to get 2000 AD here in the states? I don't know much about the book. It's an anthology, yes? Comes out weekly or monthly? Around 8 bucks?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Writer: Charles Soule
Artist: Kano

All I know from either of these two guys was a fill in issue of Daredevil that Kano drew last year and I actively disliked. IIRC that book was very sparsely drawn and was a style that didn't seem like a fit for Swamp Thing at all.

The writer has an indie credit to his name that I'd never heard of (Twenty Seven). I hate dropping a book the second a writer I like leaves it. I like to at least give the new guy a chance, and I will on this book, but I'm really not hopeful. I just don't care enough about Swamp Thing in the first place. I was reading mostly for Snyder, Paquette and hot Animal Man xovers.

frye

All I know from either of these two guys was a fill in issue of Daredevil that Kano drew last year and I actively disliked.

I didn't really hate it - I thought he did a surprisingly decent Martin impression. It's just that he was outshone by the regular artists of the book and Emma Rios in the other part of that story.

I....kinda like it.

Mm. Well, to each their own, then. Personally I hate it when it gets to that point, but... Captain Marvel needs a defining artist. It starts off with Dexter Soy, whom I love, but doesn't fit the manner that Kelly Sue writes in.

...Who did Avenging, again? They should do future book, I think.

Dram

So apparently Will Beall, who wrote the script for Gangster Squad, is also writing the script for Justice League. I haven't seen Gangster Squad yet, so is this good or bad? Also, it's moving to 2016.

So apparently Will Beall, who wrote the script for Gangster Squad, is also writing the script for Justice League. I haven't seen Gangster Squad yet, so is this good or bad? Also, it's moving to 2016.

That rotten tomatoes score is 33% stating the script was weak. :/

Fantomex

That's what I'm sayin brah. This is a community of love. I don't want this to become a wasteland like other OTs.

Acid, you read Star Wars yet? I got a digital code for you if you haven't. You got first dibs, if not, no one else feel free.

I'm going a signing this weekend for the Star Wars comic. There's a cool comic shop I want my fam to check out and spoil my son in the process with comics. Whats your review on the new SW book mayne?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't ever say this but my body is ready.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1352480553.jpg[IMG]

[B]GODLIKE[/B][/QUOTE]

Y dat chix right thigh 2x long as left one???

O well, still not as bad as this:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XrYBl.png

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
That's what I'm sayin brah. This is a community of love. I don't want this to become a wasteland like other OTs.

Acid, you read Star Wars yet? I got a digital code for you if you haven't. You got first dibs, if not, no one else feel free.

This is one of the fightiest threads on gaf though. Nobody goes at it like manbabies arguing funnybooks

LiQuid!

Comic GAF is probably the most civil group of comic fans I've ever seen on the internet but every now and then it'll collectively really lay into a mother effer!

Owzers

i didn't really like Incredibly Destructible Hulk #2, felt a little dull, not sure if Waid has a good idea driving this book, reads like he just has to write the issues.

I love the German comic publisher Splitter! Every L'Incal volume comes with a 15-20 pages long making of and a high quality lithograph. Just for $20. Don't forget the cover is hardcover.

I am all over the New Warriors omnibus as I have been slowly rebuying all the floppy books I sold a year ago. Thus far I have the 2 Claremont/Lee X-Men Omnibuses and Xtinction Agenda and am looking for recommendations from the hallowed halls of Gaf Comics OT. Also if anyone has a recommendation on places I can pick up some of the OOP Omnibuses at a decent price I am all ears. Specifically looking for the Astonishing X-men Whedon Omnibus & other X-men related ones.

If random pouches are coming back into style does that mean we will have a dramatic increase in GIANT shoulder pads and strange boxing looking headgear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom