• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It is incredible. I love it aswell! Marvel Now Iron Man is boring like I expected it. Captain America MN could be cool but I haven't read the second issue yet. I am enjoying the Marvel now Deadpool too. I am liking Deadpool. What other stuff would you guys recommend?

Hickman's New Avengers/Avengers
Hawkeye

Fraizer Irving drawing uncanny. loved him in B&R

UNCANNYXMENTeaser_02.jpg

Is Hawkeye a ongoing issue or will it be finished after specific number of issue?

I am interested in Guardian Of The Galaxy Marvel Now reboot worth checking out? Yes. I am abusing Marvel now to get on board with the Superheroes comics. :(

Acid08

Banned
Is Hawkeye a ongoing issue or will it be finished after specific number of issue?

I am interested in Guardian Of The Galaxy Marvel Now reboot worth checking out? Yes. I am abusing Marvel now to get on board with the Superheroes comics. :(
On going as far as we know. Who knows how long Fraction and Aja will stay though. Pulido is already sharing duties with Aja. I think he's doing 8 and 9 so Aja comes back after that hopefully.

ElNarez

Banned
Frazer Irving is one of the greatest visual storytellers in comics so Bendis better not fuck this up with words. Because holy flipping shit. I want that all over my face all the time.

ElNarez

Banned
Cyke's redemption arc is going to be awesome.

I don't even think it's gonna be a matter of redemption. Both Bachalo and Irving have similar approaches to coloring, as a tool to highlight certain elements in their panels. There's an old-school propaganda feel to what they do which in the context of Cyke's mutant militantism is PRETTY COOL.

I don't even think it's gonna be a matter of redemption. Both Bachalo and Irving have similar approaches to coloring, as a tool to highlight certain elements in their panels. There's an old-school propaganda feel to what they do which in the context of Cyke's mutant militantism is PRETTY COOL.

Didn't even think about that
wow
that's gonna be boss

Who's the redhead on the left? The random from a few issues back? I can identify the rest from their outfits/hairstyles, at least (Kate Bishop, Spider-Woman, Mockingbird, Black Widow).

Acid08

Banned
Holy God YES I LOVE THAT ART!!!

Also, just got my Amazon package and lol, IIF Vol. 2 is missing because Amazon is expecting it between now and March... Need to stop by LCS to see if they have a copy...
They didn't when I went looking :p

I did find it at Half Price Books down the street though.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Who's the redhead on the left? The random from a few issues back? I can identify the rest from their outfits/hairstyles, at least (Kate Bishop, Spider-Woman, Mockingbird, Black Widow).

Likely, yes. Fraction said she was coming back.

Kate's cupid bow. HHHHHNNNNNGGG

Fantomex

You guys know how hard it is to simplify art to then be placed on a Lego? Very hard. At least for me. I figured I'd make Jean-Phillipe a bad guy to fight against. Any idea who i made? He's missing his wig.

xXbnR.png

I'm jacking the wig off this dude and using it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
If you don't know, he'll be writing and drawing Trillium (10 issue series) for Vertigo beginning later in the year. He's repeatedly said that he always wants to be drawing something, so there's not much worry about losing that.

I can't wait to read the end of Sweet Tooth. I've really loved this series. Waiting until June though... ugh.

Oh that's cool. tbh if it's only a ten issue mini I will wait for the HC. I read Sweet Tooth in singles but I think his work justifies having it as a book for the shelf.

The end of Sweet Tooth was really beautiful, one of my favourite endings I think.

Yay Steve Dillon is pretty much never returning to Thunderbolts. Lol at these fluff pieces and PR work by Alonso on CBR. Brah never answers anything.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Frazer Irving is one of the greatest visual storytellers in comics so Bendis better not fuck this up with words. Because holy flipping shit. I want that all over my face all the time.

You know, I love his art and how it looks on the page, but I don't think Irving is a particularly good visual storyteller per se. His panel to panel movement isn't particularly graceful or fluid. Luckily the art looks great anyway, but I wouldn't say I read it for the pure storytelling unlike someone like Aja or Capullo or even Immonen, whose characters really act and emote and the panel to panel flow has this indescribably clarity.

i see you and rafa are still battling it out for the irrelevancy void ttob left
Why you got such a superior complex brah? All you ever post how great New York is ( when you live in California), how great being in a hedge fund is, how you like white women and hw you got brown pride. You got a small penis or something? I got one too so I understand where you are coming from.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Why you got such a superior complex brah? All you ever post how great New York is ( when you live in California), how great being in a hedge fund is, how you like white women and hw you got brown pride. You got a small penis or something? I got one too so I understand where you are coming from.

lighten up b, it's just comics

for the record, i like women of all races

lighten up b, it's just comics

for the record, i like women of all races
That's what I'm sayin brah. This is a community of love. I don't want this to become a wasteland like other OTs.

Acid, you read Star Wars yet? I got a digital code for you if you haven't. You got first dibs, if not, no one else feel free.

-Mikey-

Lemire will begin his run next month or this month?

Also, I know nothing about current xmen but I'm really looking forward to bachalo's art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom