• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Skullkickers has some of the best onomatopoeia in comics.

Thank you for reminding me to get 3rd trade of that Comic-GAF.

Owzers

This is just some fucked up shit. You don't fuck with people's livelihoods like this.

And I vampire is cancelled, for those that cared.

I liked the first trade, but didn't order the second volume. I blame vampires, i'll watch True Blood but won't continue buying a superior I Vampire. Same reason i watch Spartacus but wouldn't be too interested in an ongoing with that theme.

arkon

Yeah. Guessing it's to give Manapul a chance to get some issues in the bank. At least I hope it is and not a sign of some forthcoming creative change.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Found the first battle chasers trade at the library. Book is super awesomene and joe mad art too boot.

Shame he has never retuned to it .
I know right, same for Joe Kelly & Bachalo's Steampunk, it was confusing as hell but I also dug that one. RIP Cliffhanger. To think Ramos actually managed to squeeze 24 issues and one special out of Crimson under the label. It was good fun with an interesting mythology too, it was nice to see his artwork evolving from Impulse era to the more refined lines we see today, and around the middle of the series the huge mouth thing he loves to do started to get more under control.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Somebody over at CBR pointed out that the solicits are written in the form of questions. Maybe a riddler or The Question themed month?

I dunno, part of me thinks it's just so they don't give anything away from the ending of Death of the Family. That Batman cover has me really curious though.

Fantomex

I know right, same for Joe Kelly & Bachalo's Steampunk, it was confusing as hell but I also dug that one. RIP Cliffhanger. To think Ramos actually managed to squeeze 24 issues and one special out of Crimson under the label. It was good fun with an interesting mythology too, it was nice to see his artwork evolving from Impulse era to the more refined lines we see today, and around the middle of the series the huge mouth thing he loves to do started to get more under control.

For me his best stuff was on Hardware. But he probably felt he had to be "different" and got super stylized.

Hardware_20.jpg

Sadist

It's cool they're back next week

:D
Oh yeah I totally forgot. Yessssss.

It sounds weird but it's true. Deadpool became a great hero/character in UXF. He saved the team many times and actually got them to think things through.
Yup. One of the many reasons why I like Uncanny X-Force, it made Deadpool relevant again. The main series was dull and the whole "wacky popculture Pool" started to tick me off. Need to buy the second volume of Uncanny X-Force.

WAT??????

What the fuck is happening DC??

This should have been the question when they cancelled Hellblazer in favor of a crappy PG Constantine book.

But what it looks like is that they're just killing off anything that starts to lag in sales, and then replace it with something else. I'm less than thrilled with this practice.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
SAUCER COUNTRY #14
Written by PAUL CORNELL
Art and cover by RYAN KELLY
On sale APRIL 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS • FINAL ISSUE
Arcadia finally learns the “truth” about the alien invasion—but what she chooses to do with that information will change the world forever! Don’t miss the FINAL ISSUE of this mind-bending series!

I assume this is more of a cancelation than a planned end?

Vertigo's down to incredibly few monthlies now.

SAUCER COUNTRY #14
Written by PAUL CORNELL
Art and cover by RYAN KELLY
On sale APRIL 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS • FINAL ISSUE
Arcadia finally learns the “truth” about the alien invasion—but what she chooses to do with that information will change the world forever! Don’t miss the FINAL ISSUE of this mind-bending series!

I assume this is more of a cancelation than a planned end?

Vertigo's down to incredibly few monthlies now.

It wasn't selling very well at all, so probably.

Aside from Unwritten, the Fables books, and the upcoming Sandman prequel, DC now seems to be primarily following the Icon model and using Vertigo as a perk for creators who do a certain amount of work-for-hire books for them. With Cornell no longer doing any W4H at DC, he didn't fit into that model anymore.

Fantomex

NOTHING HAPPENED. AT ALL. It was just people talking about finding a new base for most of it. We know they find Hoth, it's such a waste of pages. It was prequel level dull.

I figured as much. That's a tough sell. When you know whats going to happen in the end, you know Luke, Leia and all of the main characters are gonna make it. They probably should of gone with more new characters and the main ones in a supporting role.

kswiston

Wasn't I, Vampire the lowest ordered book when the New 52 launched? It outlasted a bunch of titles.

I, Vampire was getting really good reviews, so perhaps DC thought the acclaim would catch on if given a chance. Some of the other books that got cancelled early on were pretty terrible.

Saucer Country is gone too. That's fucking BS. Vertigo has always been a trade driven line. Fuck Didio, bob Harras, Harris Bob and whoever the fucks did that CBR column today. Dan thinks comics are like tv and you can switch writers up on a whim. I can't take this....

Owzers

Saucer Country is gone too. That's fucking BS. Vertigo has always been a trade driven line. Fuck Didio, bob Harras, Harris Bob and whoever the fucks did that CBR column today. Dan thinks comics are like tv and you can switch writers up on a whim. I can't take this....

just keep dropping dc books until Wood's X-Men comes out. Though the Saucer Country thing doesn't bother me since i didn't think it was very good.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Maybe I'll check out I, Vampire. At least I know now that the end is near and it won't be running way into the future. I know the stuff was out of context but the I, Vampire bits that popped up in Justice League Dark seemed kinda corny to me. Hopefully the rest of the series is better. Not that it matters anymore. Haha

American Vampire, now that is my jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom