• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJD

Behold the INVINCIBLE

IRON CAT

tumblr_mfpjtvudZy1qzet4lo1_1280.jpg

Sharing some choice quotes from one Ryan Higgins, comic shop owner, a man who has the power to influence the purchases of his clientele.

He sounds like a sad and very lonely man. Does he hide in the bushes and spray trick or treaters with a garden hose during Halloween?

"Get off mah lawn, ya filthy hipsters!"

AlexMogil

I want to buy a collected series for a nice long read on my Kindle app. I've been really getting into Batman, but I'm open to other stuff. I'd like it to be a nice dense collection, too. Any ideas?

I have Watchmen, Preacher, From Hell, V for Vendetta, Maus, the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Scott Pilgrim, Walking Dead. I also have a lot of Batman. Just finished Under the Red Hood and Hush. I've got a lot of the collections as well. Dark Knight Returns/Strikes Again, Year One, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Man who Laughs, and I've tried to get into Knightfall but kinda gave up on it. I'd try again if you all think it's worth it.

Never read Sandman, never really got into Marvel anything but I'm willing, never got into Superman. Didn't like Y the Last Man.

I know my current library is very common and typical, but I wouldn't call myself hardcore, just like to read some of the common but good stuff. Just something to have a nice cozy read. Can someone help, please?

Acid08

Banned
I've only read the first volume of Sandman but I would say go for that. That volume was amazing, eagerly awaiting getting the second one.

Hero

Was at my LGS and read through All New X-Men and Batman while they were sorting all the new releases.

Meh to both.

Cth

He sounds like a sad and very lonely man. Does he hide in the bushes and spray trick or treaters with a garden hose during Halloween?

"Get off mah lawn, ya filthy hipsters!"

Heh, well informed he's not..

@JoshuaReding: @RyanHigginsRyan "Azazel??! From my favorite X-men story ever, The Draco, by the awesome Chuck Dixon? I must buy this!" Said no one ever.

Confusing Chuck Dixon with Chuck Austen?

Fantomex

That Higgins guy is an absolute dummy. Keep bad mouthing comics you don't like so people won't buy them at your store and your bottom line falls out. If I make it to SDCC y'all hear about me getting in a scuffle with him dressed like hawkeye.

Newsarama interviews Rick Remender about Uncanny Avengers and Captain America.

Of immediate interest: Cassaday is on art through #4, then Coipel comes in for an epilogue issue before Acuna takes over as regular series artist; he already has 1.5 issues of the next story in the can. Cassaday will still be providing covers, but since "Marvel is committed to keeping the book monthly" can we infer that means he won't be back unless he can produce faster?

I'm hoping the series can regain it's momentum when it get's back on schedule.

If you aren't reading Hawkeye at this point, I have to assume one of two things:

1) You're hurting financially, in which case I feel for you. I'll be happy to gift you a digital copy of #1, or suggest a vastly inferior comic on your pull list to drop for it.

2) You aren't a comic book fan.

preach. i will also throw in digital codes for issues 2-6 if you're broke and have no dumb books on your pull list.

comics bros,

I recently got married and now I'm broke
(sort of, I have money, but it's already committed to necessary stuff like paying taxes and rent)
and I haven't bought a new comic since like october. If the offer still stands and I qualify for your requirements, I'd love to get those codes. Would it help if I said I loved IIF?

Thanks for collecting that info. Very kind of you. I'll think about it, but wishy washy artists are one of my biggest pet peeves. Hard bias to get over.

So this makes me wonder. I don't know the real answer. Do most artists just do 1 title? I've never understood how a 20-22 page book would be hard to put out on a monthly basis. I mean that's less than a page a say right? Why some artists can manage (Basri) while others can't has always been something I've wanted to know about.

Blowing deadlines is part of being an artist. Real talk

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
comics bros,

I recently got married and now I'm broke
(sort of, I have money, but it's already committed to necessary stuff like paying taxes and rent)
and I haven't bought a new comic since like october. If the offer still stands and I qualify for your requirements, I'd love to get those codes. Would it help if I said I loved IIF?

it would help a lot. you have to tell me where i can find my digital codes, though. never downloaded a copy off my floppies before.

That Higgins guy is an absolute dummy. Keep bad mouthing comics you don't like so people won't buy them at your store and your bottom line falls out. If I make it to SDCC y'all hear about me getting in a scuffle with him dressed like hawkeye.

you can tell he's lame because he doesn't get the use of "bro"

BluWacky

If you aren't reading Hawkeye at this point, I have to assume one of two things:

1) You're hurting financially, in which case I feel for you. I'll be happy to gift you a digital copy of #1, or suggest a vastly inferior comic on your pull list to drop for it.

2) You aren't a comic book fan.

I don't generally read cape stories. Is it good enough to stand alone without being particularly invested in ongoing universes etc.?

(also I read everything in trades and Hawkeye isn't out until April or something)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sharing some choice quotes from one Ryan Higgins, comic shop owner, a man who has the power to influence the purchases of his clientele.

Higgins is a dick who's wrong about everything. Listen to the Geekbox, it's kinda his schtick. Hilarious when the whole of the podcast is screaming at him.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't generally read cape stories. Is it good enough to stand alone without being particularly invested in ongoing universes etc.?

(also I read everything in trades and Hawkeye isn't out until April or something)

Dear god dude, there's preview pages on the previous page of the thread. Literally EVERYONE will not stop talking about how good it is month in, month out. Take the hint!

It's unconnected to anything, Hawkeye has been in costume ONCE in six issues. When the trade comes out, jump on that shit and then come back and apologise for being dense :p

BluWacky

Dear god dude, there's preview pages on the previous page of the thread. Literally EVERYONE will not stop talking about how good it is month in, month out. Take the hint!

Hint taken :p

It's unconnected to anything, Hawkeye has been in costume ONCE in six issues. When the trade comes out, jump on that shit and then come back and apologise for being dense :p

Will do :p

monome

Hawkeye
Saga
Batman

3 comics to rule them all.

I'm a DC guy and I have to admit that Marvel Now Thor, Captain America, Deadpool, Spiderman are on my day1 buy list.

it would help a lot. you have to tell me where i can find my digital codes, though. never downloaded a copy off my floppies before.

you can tell he's lame because he doesn't get the use of "bro"

Pretty sure the code is behind red rectangle below 'marvel free digital copy'
But I've never redeemed any stuff before either so maybe someone else can clarify....

Gartooth

New Avengers #2, too much talking.

I thought the same thing after reading it. I understand that there is a lot of stuff to cover setting up a big story like this, but holy crap the issue is just one giant meeting that goes on forever. Again hopefully this is just to set up the plot before things start rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom