• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit @ foil cover! This could be the shot in the arm I've been saying the comic industry needs!!!

DeVeAn

Okay I need recommendations. I only need to order Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man comics. I used to use mycomicshop.com buy they treated like trash so I am discontinuing my business with them.

I was looking into midtowncomics but, its $9.99 for the economy which is absurd. I need a place that stocks Sonic and Mega Man series and has easy search filter.

ElNarez

Banned
Which half of the New Guardians annual does it look like? The LoSH style Scott Kolins jams or the "Oh wait we're DC so how can we fuck this up" boring rote garbage fill in half?

I mean, it's on my pull list either way I just want to know what I'm in for.

No idea, I heard the annual was shit so I didn't pick it up.

Okay I need recommendations. I only need to order Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man comics. I used to use mycomicshop.com buy they treated like trash so I am discontinuing my business with them.

You could try either TFAW.com, or Heavyink.com.... Those are generally the two I use when I order online.

Fantomex

$(KGrHqF,!jEE7b0yUywsBO4Fuhgfhw~~60_3.JPG

Come at me

tumblr_lpbkd8f0cR1qlsz95o1_500.gif

MisterHero

They have to go all the way and include holograms, a die-cut border and a certificate of authenticity. All wrapped in an opaque black mylar bag.

Fantomex

The reason those things went out of style is that they started producing them every 5 to 10 issues. They lost their meaning. They added nothing to the story or events 90% of the time. The only time I ever think they were meaningful:
  1. Death of Superman
  2. Wolverine gets his admantinum pulled
  3. Age of Apocalypse

And even then they sucked. It only helped save me a minute when shuffling through old issues. I bet they'll add another $2 bucks to the cover price too. Might as well bring back old cyclops hairdo, Thor's American Gladiator Costume and mullet Superman.

I'm surprised how tastefully the foil is done on that...

But regardless, I'll just download the code and keep the floppy in its bag & board unless I just decide to go digital with this one.

I think one of my first foil embossed covers was Batman #500 as a kid. Most of my other ones were either holograms or the foil ones during Age of Apocalypse in the 90s.

ElNarez

Banned
INFLAMMATORY STATEMENT TIME: Savage Wolverine #1 was like a sad handjob from a world-class hooker. It's a lot of going through the motions, and while it's pretty well done it lacks a spark of either imagination or love or heart or whatever you wanna call it. It's like "stab a dino, boobs, dino, boobs, caveman, boobs, sometimes some ass, stab another dino", but since it's not a MAX book it can't go in an interesting direction with it and it feels pretty neutered, somehow. It's a bummer.

MisterHero

Pffft. I know Marvel would if they could get away with it. They'd probably jack the price up to $5.99, too.
Wait a few years and get 'em for a quarter a piece like I did lol.

My copy of Spider-Man 1 is nestled safely next to that Azrael Batman cover and Spider-Man: Chapter One!

Dead

well not really...yet
Speaking of MAX comics, boobs, dinos and Cho, still waiting on Marvel to release the uncensored version of Cho's Shanna mini from several years back lol.

ElNarez

Banned
What were you even expecting? Savage Wolverine was clearly just an excuse for him to draw TITS 'n DINOSAURS

Yeah, but you'd think he'd put a little more passion in what's such a self-indulgent premise. But nope, it's the least imaginative amalgamation of dinosaurs getting stabbed in the face and lady bits.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
HOLOGRAM covers yo. I want the whole fucking front to be a hologram cover this time, bitch. Do it. PEJAZZLE MY PEEPERS.

Vyer

Batman #16 is pretty damn grim.

I have a bad feeling that
whatever Joker put in that dining tray at the end of the issue has something to do with Alfred.

Would
Harvey and Penguin understand the signficance of anything regarding Alfred?

Those gimmick covers and over saturation killed the market in 1994/1995. That along with the terrible Image books and shock events/big shakeups were what drove me away from collecting.

Gartooth

Batman #16 is pretty damn grim.

Would
Harvey and Penguin understand the signficance of anything regarding Alfred?

My guess is that they simply were
grossed out by whatever was inside. From what I have heard online, in each of the tie in series Joker is giving each Bat-family member their own dining tray, so it has to be something that relates all of them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My guess is that they simply were
grossed out by whatever was inside. From what I have heard online, in each of the tie in series Joker is giving each Bat-family member their own dining tray, so it has to be something that relates all of them.

That sounds about right. I really hope next month lives up to all this build-up, I don't doubt that it will I just want a time machine is all.

Fantomex

Dropping Savage Wolverine before even picking it up. Boobs and Dinosaurs indeed. Thor looks awesome. Picked up Captain Marvel looked at art and put it back. Black Beetle is indeed a great book. New Avengers and Cap were it for me. Gonna skip Uncanny Avengers and replace it with Uncanny X-men. This Nick Bradshaw guy, I like him a lot on WATXM.

Oh and McGuinness on Nova in February? Yes please!

Iunno I thought Savage Wolverine was pretty fun. Not like pretty as in "kinda" but pretty as in "good looking".

Good looking and fun comic book. And I was pleased by the little note at the end. Well drawn pulp stuff. On board.

Captain America, holy moly.

And god damn, Waid. I didn't think a Daredevil book could break my heart again after Brubes done in Milla like he did.

Jeph Loeb.

Writing about a kid named Sam.

Who's rumored to be from the Cancerverse.

This is your final warning. You're on a collision course with a pile of dung.

oh boy glad im avoiding that.

also Batgirl 16 was a creepy if not more than Batman proper. Gail simone is great at these wicked moments. also the dish tray was shown but not opened

Honestly, if your openly trying to work out your own personal issues through a charecter not owned by you and on top of that its upsetting the fans you should be removed from that book.

Marvel finally got back to me about my digital codes even though comixology had already fixed it for me. So I have digital copies of New Avengers #1 and All New Xmen #5 to give away. Any takers?

New Avengers is still setup, but, this should be exciting...once it finally gets rolling

All New X-Men makes me wonder why I never dug X-Men comics much in the past and makes me remember why I loved Bendis to begin with.

Indestructible Hulk did nothing for me, not a damn thing.

Captain America, the ending was interesting, but again, did nothing for me..

Black Beetle, I picked this up because GAF said it was good. It was damn good. Is this going to be like Hellboy were we get a new 4 issues every year or so?

Need to read Saga and Batman still, but excited for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom