• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Why is it that the great comics always feel so short? Cap felt so good. And I'm loving his flashbacks.

No spoilers from me except to say I like it very much.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One thing thats bugging me about All-New X-Men is WHEN did the X-Men come to the present? Are they from the 60s? the 80s? or what?

The first chapter of ANXM has the past team in the middle of an event from an old chapter, it's the one where Hank leaves the team for a while. It was near the beginning of the series if I remember right.

Fantomex

Oh man, from the ultimate Spider-Man cartoon my boy watches I think elnarez was right. I'm gonna give it a chance but does this take place in a new universe or is it preset marvel? And if so where's old Nova?

NOVA2012002_COV.jpg

One of the stray thought bubbles said "But who cares about Maggott" and I was offended!

But there was also quite of few bubbles of someone saying "Emma!" and "Can you hear me, miss Frost?"

My guess is that they simply were
grossed out by whatever was inside. From what I have heard online, in each of the tie in series Joker is giving each Bat-family member their own dining tray, so it has to be something that relates all of them.

Joker said "this will make the batkids happy. Also, Two-Face knows who Bats is right?

I really liked Saga today. The Will is probably my favorite character in this book right now, him and his awesome Lying Cat.

Bro I was all pumped at the beginning... :( The Will is my favorite character too.

comics bros,

I recently got married and now I'm broke
(sort of, I have money, but it's already committed to necessary stuff like paying taxes and rent)
and I haven't bought a new comic since like october. If the offer still stands and I qualify for your requirements, I'd love to get those codes. Would it help if I said I loved IIF?

Offer definitely stands...how exactly does gifting on Comixology work? PM me your details (guessing I just need your email address) and I'll shoot a few issues your way.

The first chapter of ANXM has the past team in the middle of an event from an old chapter, it's the one where Hank leaves the team for a while. It was near the beginning of the series if I remember right.

Right and in the latest issue Cyclopse is shocked to learn about bottled water, cell/smart phones, and the price of magazines. However if hes from the 60s wouldn't that mean the present day x-men are in there late 50s-early 60s?

huh why not. its bascially that ultimate spiderman and his amazing friends arc made into a tv show

No, that was with Iceman, Human Torch, Firestar and Shadowcat. This is very different. Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Nova are all adults in the UU that have nothing to do with Spidey and White Tiger hasn't even been introduced there yet.

The only similarities are Nick Fury and the dumb storyline where Spidey switched bodies with Wolverine.

FoneBone

Jeph Loeb.

Writing about a kid named Sam.

Who's rumored to be from the Cancerverse.

This is your final warning. You're on a collision course with a pile of dung.

Re: the Cancerverse: I think you're confusing message board speculation with "rumors". As easy a joke as it would make for, that doesn't fit the character's appearances thus far, and would also require some semblance of attention to the DnA stuff (which nobody seems to have much interest in doing).

Re: the Cancerverse: I think you're confusing message board speculation with "rumors". As easy a joke as it would make for, that doesn't fit the character's appearances thus far, and would also require some semblance of attention to the DnA stuff (which nobody seems to have much interest in doing).
What's the easy joke? That Sam is from the Cancerverse and Jephs son died from cancer?

polg

random Q: I did a quick seacrh and found that Viz has an iPad app. Do you guys know any other manga distributors that have an app? Even in other countries?

arkon

Right and in the latest issue Cyclopse is shocked to learn about bottled water, cell/smart phones, and the price of magazines. However if hes from the 60s wouldn't that mean the present day x-men are in there late 50s-early 60s?

They use patented anti-aging skin cream to look simply fabulous. Because they're worth it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Oh man, from the ultimate Spider-Man cartoon my boy watches I think elnarez was right. I'm gonna give it a chance but does this take place in a new universe or is it preset marvel? And if so where's old Nova?

NOVA2012002_COV.jpg

I'm not dropping money on it in fear that hes gonna do the same asshole shit he does in the series. And old nova is locked in the cancerverse. Or dead.

Parallax

What is the cancerverse?

A universe alternate to ours where they beat death an no one dies. But the universe is gonna collapse due to overcrowding. The revengers came from their universe to expand into ours. And a bunch of shit happened after that.

I felt the whole cancerverse angle was where the last Guardians of the Galaxy series faltered. Hopefully they don't go there with the story this time around.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
What is the cancerverse?

kinda like the negative zone...where no one dies they just all get cancer and go bat shit crazy because they are finite and should be dying but dont. Oh and Mar'Veil is there so you know its fucked up when he's there...everyones gonna have a bad time.

Parallax

kinda like the negative zone...where no one dies they just all get cancer and go bat shit crazy because they are finite and should be dying but dont. Oh and Mar'Veil is there so you know its fucked up when he's there...everyones gonna have a bad time.

That last line made me think of south park. And I'm chuckling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom