• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have an idea for an "On the Bullhorn" piece for next month's OT. It would be an opinion piece, and it needs work, but as it's an unpopular opinion I believe there's potential for some discussion there.

tumblr_mgsdfgDE7o1qj97xmo2_1280.jpg

So for some reason this image made me finally read the first issue of Saga that's been sitting unread on my ipad for months and holy shit it's amazing. I feel stupid for waiting this long

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Here's the question, is it good? Because I don't think I've genuinely loved Spider-Man anything since before One More Day.

Have you read anything after One More Day? Anyway on Superior, it's pretty funny so far. Otto is taking Spidey and giving him a sort of evil-Batman twist, not totally evil but really damn selfish. So sort of like selfish-dick-Batman. Though we've only had one issue of the mainline title and one Avenging issue.

Uh-oh. What if this Superior storyline ends with
ghost Peter entering the body of a clone that won't die out like Ben Reilly did and something happens to his original body, causing Otto-Peter to require the use of Ock Arms or a suit with arms or something like that again?
:/

And why does that seem very familiar?

No way, I figure that's just the over arching plot of Avenging. Slott seems to have something else planned.

arkon

Y'all are missing good comics if the comics white knights prevented you from reading AA.

I've never really liked the deathmatch/survival game concepts whenever I've come across them in stories. So it's not something that I want to read characters (that I like) taking part in. I'd rather pay for and read something that I'm looking forward to. Consequently my $2.99 will be going towards Young Avengers each month instead.

I like certain characters and creators but I'm not going to blindly follow them into something when I'm not interested in the basic premise. Now, if the run gets loads of plaudits down the line. Well, there's always the TPB route to check it out at a later date.

lordmrw

Y'all are missing good comics if the comics white knights prevented you from reading AA.

I still have my reservations and I don't like the fact that they are potentially killing off these characters that writers have done a damn good job of making you care about but in the interim I'm still entertained by it.

Of the books I bought yesterday I've only read Batman and good god Capullo killed it. He's come a long way from his X-Force and Quasar days.

well I guess Superman's day is about to go to shit in that Injustice comic, damn

also just noticed Hel on Earth in Supergirl and Hell on Earth in X-Factor lol
yea I'm slow whatever

Picked up my comics for this week, here are my thoughts. NOTE: I'm a new collector that started when DC launched their new 52 and have recently decided to give Marvel a shot.

Batman #16: Lots of good stuff happened in this issue. Looking forward to the finale with the dinner party and everything.

Superboy #16: (Only for Hel on Earth duration, not sure if I'll keep reading afterwards) It was alright for the most part. The Annual will have the real meat of the story.

Superior Spider #1: Doc in Spidey's body is so weird and hilarious but creepy as hell when he took out MJ on a date. Really liked a more brutal Spider-man owning the villains and how the villains reacted. More curious about ghost Peter though. Overall it was good.

Action comics #16: (Grabbed it late) Probably my favorite read of the week. How is Superman going to get of this mess lol.

ReiGun

Re: the preview for the next WatXM

If Storm is still your queen, T'Challa, why would you annul the marriage? I mean...you know what? I'm not gonna think about it.

Fantomex

Re: the preview for the next WatXM

If Storm is still your queen, T'Challa, why would you annul the marriage? I mean...you know what? I'm not gonna think about it.

Alls I know is that Black Panther is being a straight up hater. Logan seduced the carrier of the Phoenix Force son! You could lock up Storm in the negative zone and she would still make her way to him. Wolverine is such a boss. "Not him", ok then Storm, troll him and go date Namor

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Saga - been saying Lying Cat is the coolest. lying cat / direwolf tattoo confirmed.

Batman - this arc is leagues better than the court of owls stuff, super creepy all around.

Captain America - love JRJR's art in this, which is kinda weird for me. story is coming along nicely, too.

Hulk - really enjoying the ride here. the art is top notch, too. hopefully he stays on for a while.

Daredevil -

New Avengers - god damn. 10/10 if this blows up we gotta be getting the Black Panther movie we've always wanted.

Fantomex

As someone who just started again what I'm looking for is a 45-60 min podcast about the weeks new issues, news of announcements and a bit of email answers about such weekly issues. More than 1 hour is overkill.

Looking at that preview for WatXM (just got home), and seeing the story's title, I'm betting that Aaron is going to formally establish the "friends with benefits" casual hook-ups between Wolverine and Storm, that have been hinted at repeatedly over the years by other writers. Which honestly suits Logan just fine, as that's the sort of relationship he has with almost every woman, except the sidekicks and Jean; and, it pretty well suits Ororo too, as a recently divorced woman with a wild side who's looking to exercise her newfound freedom. Telling her not to do it pretty much guaranteed she will.

As someone who just started again what I'm looking for is a 45-60 min podcast about the weeks new issues, news of announcements and a bit of email answers about such weekly issues. More than 1 hour is overkill.

I check out ifanboy from time to time. They have a pick of the week podcast where they discuss weekly releases.

Jonathan Hickman needs to read more comics. He's gonna feel dumb when he finds out DC already wrote the story he's telling in new avengers 25 years ago....

Fantomex

Looking at that preview for WatXM (just got home), and seeing the story's title, I'm betting that Aaron is going to formally establish the "friends with benefits" casual hook-ups between Wolverine and Storm, that have been hinted at repeatedly over the years by other writers. Which honestly suits Logan just fine, as that's the sort of relationship he has with almost every woman, except the sidekicks and Jean; and, it pretty well suits Ororo too, as a recently divorced woman with a wild side who's looking to exercise her newfound freedom. Telling her not to do it pretty much guaranteed she will.

True. That would be the less messy comic book option.
I check out ifanboy from time to time. They have a pick of the week podcast where they discuss weekly releases.

Will check it out thanks !

Who bought Absolute GL:R?

Why are they making Absolute Batman and Superman by Jeph Loeb

who buys these things

don't they know Absolute New Frontier is out there!?

Jonathan Hickman needs to read more comics. He's gonna feel dumb when he finds out DC already wrote the story he's telling in new avengers 25 years ago....

See, I'm looking at the title, "Jonathan Hickman presents Crisis on Infinite Earths HD Remix" and I'm not seeing anything that sounds less than enjoyable. So I'm personally fine with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom