• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Does HeavyInk have a view cart option before you give CC info? I like the idea of subscribing so I don't have to keep checking the site.

Not sure. I generally only order individual issues from them, and then it just counts as an instant purchase as soon as I click "Buy". But they're a reliable retailer.

frye

I don't know what annoys me about social media more, that it gives stupid people a global voice with which to be stupid, or that I have to deal with bloggers and the masses getting fucking offended by everything.

Yeah, getting offended, what a buncha lame-os!

I think it's one thing for a major website to call out some random schmuck for being a dumb guy voicing a dumb opinion but this isn't really that.

that scene in Born Again loses something without the BIG RED COLORED HORROR on Ben Urich's face. It's so distinctly unrealistic with the rest of the Daily Bugle scene going around him, slowly zooming in on his face, "You're dead, copy-boy!" "I'm am dead! I am cold! I am buried!"

ElNarez

Banned
I don't know what annoys me about social media more, that it gives stupid people a global voice with which to be stupid, or that I have to deal with bloggers and the masses getting fucking offended by everything.

Bloggers being offended on a daily basis for a huge number of reasons is a small price to pay if it means it can discourage people from being hateful fucks.

But man, why do you have to dig up a 2011 post on CA? What's your end game on that one? Did anyone in the thread say anything about buying comics in Arlington?

The post above mine was someone contemplating buying stuff from Heavy Ink, so...yeah?

Huh. So it was.

frye

that scene in Born Again loses something without the BIG RED COLORED HORROR on Ben Urich's face. It's so distinctly unrealistic with the rest of the Daily Bugle scene going around him, slowly zooming in on his face, "You're dead, copy-boy!" "I'm am dead! I am cold! I am buried!"

I can see that, yeah. I still love it either way. That scene's actually one of the few times the colouring really works in Born Again, I think. It's really boring most of the time - especially compared to Richmond Lewis' gorgeous work on Year One.

Bloggers being offended on a daily basis for a huge number of reasons is a small price to pay if it means it can discourage people from being hateful fucks.

But man, why do you have to dig up a 2011 post on CA? What's your end game on that one? Did anyone in the thread say anything about buying comics in Arlington?

The post above mine was someone contemplating buying stuff from Heavy Ink, so...yeah?

I'm really digging Cap right now. Crazy final page, too. The flashbacks are easily the least compelling part of the book, but Remender said he's going somewhere with them by issue #5, so I think the investment will be worth it.

Rick also has the uncanny ability to
get you invested in a character in a few panels, and then have a bad guy kill 'em off unceremoniously, and it's like "FUCK I was starting to like that person!" and you really want the hero to kick his/her ass.
I think the "best" example of that is Logan bonding with Mariko's daughter in the future in AoA was sweet(here and here), then WHAM.

vazel

Banned

Huh. So it was.
I posted that link in the other thread where someone was asking about where to buy comics with cheap shipping.

Here's my original post on the fiasco when it first went down 2 years ago.

I'm really digging Cap right now. Crazy final page, too. The flashbacks are easily the least compelling part of the book, but Remender said he's going somewhere with them by issue #5, so I think the investment will be worth it.

Rick also has the uncanny ability to
get you invested in a character in a few panels, and then have a bad guy kill 'em off unceremoniously, and it's like "FUCK I was starting to like that person!" and you really want the hero to kick his/her ass.
I think the "best" example of that is Logan bonding with Mariko's daughter in the future in AoA was sweet(here and here), then WHAM.

Yeah man... That final page in Cap #3...WTF

DeVeAn

Not sure. I generally only order individual issues from them, and then it just counts as an instant purchase as soon as I click "Buy". But they're a reliable retailer.

Yeah, I guess I'll keep them in mind for singles. Don't like that they make me insta-buy. I want to know the shipping cost etc.

I think midtowncomics.com seem legit so I ordered with them. Really bummed about Lone Star comics aka mycomicshop.com. Horrible customer service caused me to end business with them.

I really just want to avoid paying so much shipping so often. Not a comic shop with 70 miles around me.

So Cable & Deadpool is today's Marvel sale on Comixology. I remember people liking it for the most part when it was coming out. Anyone here still recommend it?

ElNarez

Banned
That the saga known as "Chuck Austen's post Action Comics career" continues, and that it continues in this way is probably my favourite fact today. Therefore I felt I had to share it with the class.

I'm about 150 pages into supergods and have gotten to the part where Morrison gushes over Kirby. I never really understood the whole New Gods thing but it is starting to make sense now.

To be fair, comics has some repugnantly offensive business owners.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, calling somebody a piece of shit for celebrating somebody else getting shot in the head is just another example of the PC police going full gestapo. Won't they just let that poor, classless, lowlife, scumbag with no sense of decorum or shred of empathy live???

Yeah, calling somebody a piece of shit for celebrating somebody else getting shot in the head is just another example of the PC police going full gestapo. Won't they just let that poor, classless, lowlife, scumbag with no sense of decorum or shred of empathy live???

lol seriously

why does everyone get up in arms just because Larry's Comics makes racist jokes that read like they were cribbed from the minutes of a Klan meeting

comics bloggers are offended by everything, yeesh

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Here.

wzdBv.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Age of Apoc and X-Treme X-Men got the axe. I'm sad for both but I understand why both need to go. :(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Francavilla drawing two issues of Hawkeye is a nice treat. Very excited for that. I wonder if #10, #11 and #12 are part of an arc and someone else is taking up the middle issue, or if they're just standalone stories. Probably the latter, but who knows.

Good on Xtreme XMen getting cancelled. You can't go throwing a word around like Xtreme in this day and age and be anything but.

And holy fuck at triple shipping age of Ultron two oaths in a row.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just looked at the new solicits and I just want to say, in regards to Superior, that I FUCKING CALLED IT! Told you!
Looks like it'll culminate in a big event during the summer

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Damn. Even with rebranding exiles can't escape the cancel button. I say then whenever an exiles book ends, but here's hoping that some characters cross into 616

Would have been a good opportunity to bring Nightcrawler 3.0 back and dump him in the Jean Grey School but according to the solicit he's going to make the "ultimate sacrifice" in the final issue. Unless that's red herring.

LiQuid!

Looks like Wolverine and the X-Men is tying into Ultron nonsense. RIP WatXM being its own book.

Owzers

Ultron: Wait for trade or buy monthly for the digital codes? I'm going to take a guess that this story doesn't have enough content to be 10 issues and i'm going to feel like a sucker 4 issues into it.

Looks like Wolverine and the X-Men is tying into Ultron nonsense. RIP WatXM being its own book.
Actually, nope; the real WatXM #27 solicited last month in a double-ship with #26. It's confusing, but Marvel is doing standalone tie-ins for Age of Ultron with certain books that don't interrupt the regular plot. So there will be a WatXM #27 and a WatXM #27AU, a Fantastic Four #5 and a Fantastic Four #5AU, a Superior Spider-Man #6 and a Superior Spider-Man #6AU, etc. etc.

Why they just don't call it "Wolverine and the X-Men: Age of Ultron One-Shot" is what I don't get.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ultron: Wait for trade or buy monthly for the digital codes? I'm going to take a guess that this story doesn't have enough content to be 10 issues and i'm going to feel like a sucker 4 issues into it.

I think they said it would be like 6 issues tops. Personally I'll trade wait on it, see what the important tie-ins are (hopefully they'll include them in the trade).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom