• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah covers tend to not mean much. Just some fucking nice art to look at.

I don't want her back because her final scene was just too good. I want Isabel back already. She's the cooooolest.

We all that dude has it coming. The Will coming y'all...

WROYu.jpg

UXM #2 PREVIEW

MEGATOOOOOON

MAGNETO
SHAVED HIS HEAD

SOURCE (CBR)

OMG WTF BBQ

Tangent:

I legitimately feel bad for Emma despite her somewhat questionable actions during the whole Phoenix Five thing, I mean I think it's clear Emma more than anyone else in that group loves kids and just wants to teach. Unfortunately this chick just makes horrible decisions (most of them she does to protect children). And unfortunately she hasn't been able to shed her more manipulative and guarded nature. I guess that's to be expect after what's she's gone through growing up. She's one of my more favorite characters in comic books as a result.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
guys that Saga cover is definitely not a spoiler

remember back in the first issue when Prince Robot IV is trying to bang his wife and he has a flashback from the war? he says something about "his leg." i think that in issue 12 we'll find out what traumatized him from his tour, how he lost his leg, and how he got a new one.

Can't wait to see his eventual faceoff with Marko. Marko gon' magic that dude dead.

They'll end up bros.

guys that Saga cover is definitely not a spoiler

remember back in the first issue when Prince Robot is trying to bang his wife and he has a flashback from the war? he says something about "his leg." i think in that issue we'll find out what traumatized him from his tour, how he lost his leg, and how he got a new one.

Yeah I think it will be something like that.

why isnt fiona staples working on a Donna Troy book HMMMMMMMMM??????????
She's gone, Satch. She's gone to the same dark place as Wally West, Stephanie Brown, Ted Kord, Atlee, Lian Harper, Waller's rolls of fat, Harley's self-respect and my favorite ship, and like them she isn't coming back.

And even if she does come back, it's still the New 52; they'll make her, I dunno, Ares's rape baby or something.

Be glad for her, for she is safe and in good company.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
She's gone, Satch. She's gone to the same dark place as Wally West, Stephanie Brown, Ted Kord, Atlee, Lian Harper, Waller's rolls of fat, Harley's self-respect and my favorite ship, and she isn't coming back.

And even if she does, it's still the New 52; they'll make her, I dunno, Ares's rape baby or something.

Be glad for her.

ares rape baby is sadly par the course for donna

Satch

Banned
She's gone, Satch. She's gone to the same dark place as Wally West, Stephanie Brown, Ted Kord, Atlee, Lian Harper, Waller's rolls of fat, Harley's self-respect and my favorite ship, and like them she isn't coming back.

And even if she does come back, it's still the New 52; they'll make her, I dunno, Ares's rape baby or something.

Be glad for her, for she is safe and in good company.

you shut your whore mouth

why isnt fiona staples working on a Donna Troy book HMMMMMMMMM??????????

I like it!

She's gone, Satch. She's gone to the same dark place as Wally West, Stephanie Brown, Ted Kord Atlee, Lian Harper, Harley's self-respect and my favorite ship, and she isn't coming back.

And even if she does, it's still the New 52; they'll make her, I dunno, Ares's rape baby or something.

Be glad for her.

aw, man

I gotta say fuck Dan Didio for what he did to Jim Zub. Christy Marx didn't even have to pitch and she hasn't even begun writing according to her own interview. This ain't Jem and The Holograms you fucking cunt Dan.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought Thor: God of Thunder #1-3 on a whim after the acclaim from this thread. My shop was already sold out of 4 so I'll wait for the second printing.

i hate you
...That hurts. :|

Okay, moving on... what do you guys figure the odds are that young Bobby doesn't know about he and Kitty yet? Also, young Scott Summers is kinda dumb, isn't he? I mean, when you look like the world's most wanted mutant terrorist, walking into a bank in broad daylight probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

I wonder what Bendis is gonna do to humiliate Logan next.

EDIT: Because I know Bendis can't resist it (honestly, who can?), I have a feeling we'll soon be seeing
Young Bobby's take on "Professor Kitty is a JERK!"

The next panel sees Logan falling on a banana peel. A note falls on his face, reads, "Hold dat shit, nigga - Cyclops"

Cue laughter by all the cops

Parallax

Okay, moving on... what do you guys figure the odds are that young Bobby doesn't know about he and Kitty yet? Also, young Scott Summers is kinda dumb, isn't he? I mean, when you look like the world's most wanted mutant terrorist, walking into a bank in broad daylight probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

He's much younger the current Scott, but the visor is pretty damn obvious. I don't understand why they would treat him like shit though. He hasn't done any of those things yet, and all that rejection would just push him into someone who would be more than willing to have him. I swear the x men are fucking retarded when it comes to time travel

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

EDIT: Because I know Bendis can't resist it (honestly, who can?), I have a feeling we'll soon be seeing
Young Bobby's take on "Professor Kitty is a JERK!"

That last thing you mentioned would be awkward considering...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He's much younger the current Scott, but the visor is pretty damn obvious. I don't understand why they would treat him like shit though. He hasn't done any of those things yet, and all that rejection would just push him into someone who would be more than willing to have him. I swear the x men are fucking retarded when it comes to time travel

I hate that my favorite character is the Marvel whipping boy. It's only going to get worse too

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit, Wolverine's A-card. Some top tier trolls they got spearheading some major books at Marvel!

WanderingWind

He was a former favorite. But the writers seem hell bent on forcing him to the dark side on this one.

Dark, I can handle. But character assassination bugs me to no end. He can't be the tough but fair leader, he's got to turn super irrational. He can't have relationship issues, he's got to abuse his girlfriend. He can't take succeed his father figure, he has to kill him. He must be now written as a one dimensional idiot in every case, even retroactively as seen above. The writers hate him so much they are reaching into the past and having every character get their chance say "Cyke, you're an asshole and I hate you."

Bah.

WanderingWind

Daredevil was for a long time, I'll grant that. I mean, they turned his adoring secretary into a heroin addicted drug user.

Peter Parker and Cyclops are tied right now though, you're right.

Wolverine? Are you kidding me? He runs a school (lol) is a member of every team and every loves him.

Parallax

Daredevil was for a long time, I'll grant that. I mean, they turned his adoring secretary into a heroin addicted drug user.

Peter Parker and Cyclops are tied right now though, you're right.

Wolverine? Are you kidding me? He runs a school (lol) is a member of every team and every loves him.

Wolverine used to have the poison touch too. He still can't maintain a relationship for shit. And it seems all the ex lovers of his that are still alive want him dead for the most part. Actually he still has the poison touch. Its just that kitty and jubes are immune

Wolverine is the kind of dude who walks out on the X-men, gets his ass kicked by Captain America, thrown out the plane, then come crawling right back to him. If anybody has looked like a horse's ass last year, it was Logan. I've lost count of how many kids he killed or almost killed last year. Daken, Dr. Rot's family, Hope, just took a poll to try and straight up murder Young Cyclops. Now he's stuck at a school teaching eyeboy and getting embarrassed by the All-New X-men.

tumblr_me7izdX0t41qb676co1_r1_500.png

Oh, and Mystique tricked him into fuckin' up his relationship with Melita.

Cyclops has taken his spot as "badass antihero who gets shit done". Logan is old grumpy guy who we're trying to remember why we're a fan.

WanderingWind

Except Wolverine gets to kill every, act like an asshole, stalk Jean for decades, perv over a sleeping Emma and everybody is like "that's our Wolvie!"

Cyke was the get shit done leader dude. Then they made him Magneto and Henry Pym rolled into one.

I say again. Bah.

Parallax

Wolverine is the kind of dude who walks out on the X-men, gets his ass kicked by Captain America, thrown out the plane, then come crawling right back to him. If anybody has looked like a horse's ass last year, it was Logan. I've lost count of how many kids he killed or almost killed last year. Daken, Dr. Rot's family, Hope, just took a poll to try and straight up murder Young Cyclops. Now he's stuck at a school teaching eyeboy and getting embarrassed by the All-New X-men.

tumblr_me7izdX0t41qb676co1_r1_500.png

Oh, and Mystique tricked him into fuckin' up his relationship with Melita.

Cyclops has taken his spot as "badass antihero who gets shit done". Logan is old grumpy guy who we're trying to remember why we're a fan.

Mystique and creed have been tag teaming at fucking his life up forever. No wonder they had a racist kid that fucks his shit up later. But that's kinda the reason I like him. He gets his ass kicked because there's only one other person that can take the amount of force that he can. Although I hate that people forget he's laced with adamantium

Loving the Gambit preview and A+X 4 preview.

Respectively... lol, Obama shut down the Negative Zone prison.

And Spidey and Beast talking is fun. 'Specially 'cause it's Parker.

And what the fuck? Is Captain America pulling a Batman? "You can enter my mind, but you won't like what you find." Lol, what?

Parallax

Except Wolverine gets to kill every, act like an asshole, stalk Jean for decades, perv over a sleeping Emma and everybody is like "that's our Wolvie!"

Cyke was the get shit done leader dude. Then they made him Magneto and Henry Pym rolled into one.

I say again. Bah.

When is he praised for killing people? Most people keep their distance with him due to his past And with the Emma thing, when was that? Because he seems to keep her at arms length. I'll will give you the others. He's a well known asshole, and his fascination with jean borders on the terrifying.

As for Scott. No way in hell is he even close to pym levels of shitting on. Pym was a running joke for decades. No one let him live that down. His ex wife constantly fucked with him over it, and unlike Scott, hank was repentant, which actually makes it worse. And even so, that shit still lingers, and assholes like reed like to lord it over him, when hes done much worse shit. The magneto analog is correct, but you're way off in the hank comparison.

When is he praised for killing people? Most people keep their distance with him due to his past And with the Emma thing, when was that? Because he seems to keep her at arms length. I'll will give you the others. He's a well known asshole, and his fascination with jean borders on the terrifying.

As for Scott. No way in hell is he even close to pym levels of shitting on. Pym was a running joke for decades. No one let him live that down. His ex wife constantly fucked with him over it, and unlike Scott, hank was repentant, which actually makes it worse. And even so, that shit still lingers, and assholes like reed like to lord it over him, when hes done much worse shit. The magneto analog is correct, but you're way off in the hank comparison.

I think he means that one time Wolverine was watching Cyclops and Emma sleeping in the first Astonishing X-Men. It was more Logan being pissed off then him being a perv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom