• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
His copter is pretty cool. That splash was awesome.

It was almost as if Francavilla was just going through the motions (writing wise). Felt like I was reading Brubaker at the end of his Cap run.

Too each his own!

Yeah, writing isn't really the draw on that book for me. I'm in it for the page layouts.

omgkitty

I'm not completely caught up quite yet, but fuck, the new Batman is soooooo goooood!

so_good.gif

tim1138

Could we stop posting Bleeding Cool as gospel? Maybe wait until someone who is not a fucking asshole posts it?

This may turn out to be true, but BC is the lowest form of life.

Thank you.

Still waiting for his "Johns off Aquaman" rumor to come true that he ran with for like two weeks.

lingiii

Banned
I'm reading Witch Doctor: Malpractice because I liked the first series so much. This one's fine so far, not quite as magical; the first just has so much style, this one seems more interested in building up a big plot arch. We'll see.

Picked up Hellraiser series after I saw the Witch Doctor writer has picked up the second series of that. It's real weird. My relationship with Hellraiser movies is seeing the first, second, and Bloodlines, and the whole business of split canon with that series is kind of frustrating.
Kristy just went to hell
which seems interesting, but I'm kind of not committed to this one either.

Acid08

Banned
CBR is alright. I'm a Giant Bomb fan so I wish Comic Vine was good but their personalities are so fucking boring. At least Sarah is cute. I mostly just use this thread for news. Y'all are cool and post most everything.

What's wrong with CBR? They have great features and are the best place for previews.

Previews are awesome. I find that all their articles and reviews pander a lot toward Marvel and DC. Probably so they can get interviews and whatnot. There is just so much ass kissing on all of these sites. Its worse than videogame journalism.

Tizoc

Whatever happened to the Little Leaguers webcomic? That was a fun series and I can't find the website anymore =(

Also Avengers and Wonder Woman were good this week.

Could we stop posting Bleeding Cool as gospel? Maybe wait until someone who is not a fucking asshole posts it?

This may turn out to be true, but BC is the lowest form of life.
Fight the good fight brah. On a completely unrelated note, Levitz needs to hang up the typewriter. LosH needs new life, I love those brahs. Even though the Legion Lost team is in limbo now, I'm kinda glad Levitz won't be writing them.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
CBR is alright. I'm a Giant Bomb fan so I wish Comic Vine was good but their personalities are so fucking boring. At least Sarah is cute. I mostly just use this thread for news. Y'all are cool and post most everything.

I know that feeling bro. I've tried WAY harder than I have for any other site to try and get into CV as a comic book alternative to Giant Bomb but Tony and Sara are like black holes of charisma. They actually absorb the charisma of anybody within 100 feet of them. It's scary.

I never read comicvine for news. I just use it for their ridiculously comprehensive character database. Ever want to learn about when Storm ripped out Marrow's heart? There is a whole section on her page, complete with images! UncannyXMen.net is also really good for issue summaries.

I followed Birdie's reviews because he had my Morrison/Aaron/Remender wacky comic book ideas sensibility. Then he left, and it was Tim Callahan and Chad Nevett reviews. Not Nevett is gone and Tim Callahan is doing Alan Moore/Sandman re-reads on TOR.com

I like Multiversity Comics and Comicsbulletin.

frye

I followed Birdie's reviews because he had my Morrison/Aaron/Remender wacky comic book ideas sensibility. Then he left, and it was Tim Callahan and Chad Nevett reviews. Not Nevett is gone and Tim Callahan is doing Alan Moore/Sandman re-reads on TOR.com

I like Multiversity Comics and Comicsbulletin.

Oh man, did you ever listen to that old Splash Page podcast with Callahan/Nevett? I liked it a lot but it was so weird.

Oh man, did you ever listen to that old Splash Page podcast with Callahan/Nevett? I liked it a lot but it was so weird.

sooooo weird

Nevett seems to be going off the deep-end, cutting off the comments on his blog, calling out CSBG's taste, he's in his own little world now. But hey, tomorrow he's doing his last Blog-a-thon with a bunch of other comic book reviewers, like his partner in crime Tim Callahan, snarkiest man on the comic internet Tucker Stone, smartest man on the comic internet David Brothers, dread master Brian Cronin, etc.

Comics Alliance for opinions and fun/interesting stories.

Bleeding Cool for dirt, gossip and spoilers.

Comic Vine for research.

Comic Book Resources for previews and PR speak.

Newsarama for PR speak and lists lists LISTS.

frye

^^^ newsarama is literally the ign of comics websites, even moreso than ign itself

sooooo weird

Nevett seems to be going off the deep-end, cutting off the comments on his blog, calling out CSBG's taste, he's in his own little world now. But hey, tomorrow he's doing his last Blog-a-thon with a bunch of other comic book reviewers, like his partner in crime Tim Callahan, snarkiest man on the comic internet Tucker Stone, smartest man on the comic internet David Brothers, dread master Brian Cronin, etc.

Yeah, I'm not a HUGE fan of his writing but his blogathons are usually fun. And with the guest writers, I'm definitely down for at least a few hours.

I'm so down for Age of Ultron. Even though Marvel is going to be shipping the shit out of it. What's their schedule? A 10-issue series at 3-issues per month? Take my moneys plz.

Fantomex

Based on everyones input I usually go to Comics Alliance for cool stuff and stories and CBR for previews only.

As an aside. I really like the appearance of Hyperion in the Avengers. I like what little I've seen of him.

ElNarez

Banned
I read Bleeding Cool because of all the people who write about news in comics, Rich Johnston is the one who gives the least fucks about not getting exclusives from DC or Marvel, which enables him to dig for primo dirt, kinda like a pig looking for truffles. And then I go to TCJ to have the week recapped as an incredibly violent diss track on the whole industry. (Please do read this week's column on the Image movie as it's one of the greatest things ever written)

CA, Comics Alliance?

lol yeah they're just as bad

lol sarcasm

I guess they don't belong with the other more PR centered sites. They did have that great gillen interview this week.

I did always find it funny how that chick writer would cry about women in comics and then a post below hers would be some "best cosplay ever" shit of just chicks with nothing on.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anyone watch arrow .

Is it better than smallville? That show seemed terrible outside of the first few seasons

Smallville was good, then bad then good again at the very end. It was all very confusing. As a result I'm not bothering with Arrow, but it doesn't look too good.

Anyone watch arrow .

Is it better than smallville? That show seemed terrible outside of the first few seasons

I tried to watch an episode on Hulu and it was just too much of a CW show. Lots of beautiful people doing family drama. Frankly I was just bored with it in one episode. At least Ollie's actor seems pretty likeable and not a total douchnozzle.

kswiston

I like browsing IGN's review roundup every thursday XP

I like looking through their review roundup as well. Even if I don't really agree with their scores all that much.

EDIT: I also enjoy the Comics Should Be Good blog on CBR. Pretty much the only thing I will read other than the previews on that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom