• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I dunno I don't use Netflix but you should watch it. It's the best DC DTV.

Ain't seen that flick, mang. Is it on Netflix? I've watched pretty much every Marvel/DC animated thing on there with the exception of Dr. Strange and maybe a couple others.

I think its on netflix. Wonder Woman was the best one to me too. They should just use that script to make the movie.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think its on netflix. Wonder Woman was the best one to me too. They should just use that script to make the movie.

Not gritty/realistic enough. Warner/DC is way too embarrassed by the fact that its properties are superheroes for us to ever see a WW/Deimos fight in a Hollywood movie. We'll be lucky if we get a street clothes Diana fighting a drug cartel before the Justice League movie.

Not gritty/realistic enough. Warner/DC is way too embarrassed by the fact that its properties are superheroes for us to ever see a WW/Deimos fight in a Hollywood movie. We'll be lucky if we get a street clothes Diana fighting a drug cartel before the Justice League movie.

Yup thats why Marvel keeps getting paid and is about to make bank on a Guardians of the Galaxy and Antman movies while DC is still struggling to get a Superman series off the ground.

ghstwrld

Everyone praising WW animated feature on GAF, made me give it a shot. I thought it was terrible.

Preach, sis.

The WW movie is a flop: it spends more time telling us things about Steve Trevor than WW, there are one or two random date rape jokes that are never really dealt with, and femininity is mocked throughout it. The fight scenes aren't all that, either.

Dude are you going to watch The Americans? I know you are. Keri Russell + KGB sleeper cells + FX. It's going to be so good.
Yeah I'm super pumped for that.

Am I allowed to post these drawings by RB Silva? He says he is working on a new project and the tag for it was pretty interesting.

Lombaszko

Not topical but I just re-read Flex Mentallo. Damn, so fantastic! Probably my favorite comic.
jhVx6QLoHF2Mq.jpg

jbmNRd8feBerj6.jpg

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I canceled my Amazon order for the first Hellboy Library Edition since it was going to take forever for Amazon to get more copies. I went and bought the copy from my local store. I can't wait to finally start from the beginning and understand the references and characters in Hellboy in Hell. It sucks paying higher prices at the store but the owners are great and always help me out.

Owzers

I canceled my Amazon order for the first Hellboy Library Edition since it was going to take forever for Amazon to get more copies. I went and bought the copy from my local store. I can't wait to finally start from the beginning and understand the references and characters in Hellboy in Hell. It sucks paying higher prices at the store but the owners are great and always help me out.

now that vol 6 is getting solicited for April, i am going to finally start reading Hellboy from the beginning too :O I had bought the earlier library editions a few months ago, such great collections. I've never read Hellboy before, just a few random issues, despite always being interested and liking Mignola's art.

Acid08

Banned
now that vol 6 is getting solicited for April, i am going to finally start reading Hellboy from the beginning too :O I had bought the earlier library editions a few months ago, such great collections. I've never read Hellboy before, just a few random issues, despite always being interested and liking Mignola's art.

Is that the final volume?

Lombaszko

Serious post? Can't tell.

I haven't read it, but if you guys really like it that much I might have to make time for it.
It might depend on your personal tastes but it's only four issues, and no other important back story. I knew nothing of the story beforehand and it blew me away. Quitely and Morrison get some hate but I love 'em!

MartyStu

Wolverine and The X-men 1 -24

I like the concept a lot, but the art and the writing are both REALLY spotty.

Still, it has been a decently enjoyable read. Can't stand the hellfire club though.

LiQuid!

Finally read Young Avengers. Kieron is misfiring right now, I think Land really has him down.

Nah, he's 100% on point. I wouldn't have changed a single word of that first issue. It was comic book perfection. My favorite issue of anything so far in 2013.

Sorry you didn't like it though. Kieron isn't infallible. Iron Man has been pretty boring but he admitted that he's just kinda shootin the shit on it. I'm pretty sure he has a huge plan for this YA run for as long as it lasts, but that Iron Man shit is all seat of the pants.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm thinking of ordering case files vol two of judge dredd and am wondering if there was a difference between the uk & us prints besides tr awesome covers for the UK print.

ElNarez

Banned
Serious post? Can't tell.

I haven't read it, but if you guys really like it that much I might have to make time for it.

Dead serious post. For all the elaborate things it did with regards to storytelling in comics, Watchmen is so enamored with the idea that superhero comics are dumb and you are dumb and look how dumb those dudes are that it detracts from the experience.

Finally read Young Avengers. Kieron is misfiring right now, I think Land really has him down.

Nope. You're on the wrong side of history, brah.

Dead serious post. For all the elaborate things it did with regards to storytelling in comics, Watchmen is so enamored with the idea that superhero comics are dumb and you are dumb and look how dumb those dudes are that it detracts from the experience.

Rare ::brofist::

They are both about comics, and only one of them loves them. Watchmen did some amazing things, truth be told, but Flex Mentallo is full of love.

So just read Avengers #3 it was cool, I kinda felt it was a waste of Jerome Opena especially the second issue he's just basically drawing them talking I guess I was expecting Uncanny X-force levels of action from Opena. Like the new characters introduced so far though will pick this series up when Opena comes back.

Acid08

Banned

Interesting. Could you break down that analysis of Watchmen a bit?

frye

I don't think Watchmen is condescending at all.

Troll

Banned
Nope. You're on the wrong side of history, brah.

Rare ::brofist::

They are both about comics, and only one of them loves them. Watchmen did some amazing things, truth be told, but Flex Mentallo is full of love.

Well, I really do NOT like Morrison, but I can give it a try. Why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom