• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did always find it funny how that chick writer would cry about women in comics and then a post below hers would be some "best cosplay ever" shit of just chicks with nothing on.

I think you're missing a point somewhere if you think 'best cosplay ever' contradicts any points made against the writing of women in comics.

Anyone watch arrow .

Is it better than smallville? That show seemed terrible outside of the first few seasons
I've watched some episodes; it's not bad but there are moments where the similarities to Batman are incredibly distracting. Example: Ollie gets injured and has to call his Alfred to come get him, and its almost verbatim the scene from Batman Begins.

So far it hasn't done anything to dispel the notion that Green Arrow is just Batman-lite.

arkon

How is The Hypernaturals?

Abnett and Lanning doing a creator-owned Legion of Superheroes with smaller active teams would sum it up. Some of the supplemental material hints at the more interesting aspects of the worldbuilding which is cool.. I enjoyed the first three issues that I read. It's another series I need to catch up on.

Avengers #3: Good
New Avengers #2: Great
Gambit #8: Good

I think I'm done with Captain Marvel. I've seen a good amount of the issue, plus I've seen the ending. Furthermore, the art sucks. I can't.

I decided against reading Young Avengers.

tim1138

I hope N52 Element Woman is similar to her Flashpoint characterization.
And thank god Ivan Reis is drawing this book, dude is amazing.

Wow fuck you rafa for spoiling that shit

One more unmarked spoiler and I stop coming to these threads
You wanna get at me for that when brahs have been talking about Young Avengers and the like freely since Wednesday morning? Whatevs.

And it looks like Justice League is finally ramping up. It only took an Aquaman centric story to so it. Now please a Cyborg centric story.

tim1138

You wanna get at me for that when brahs have been talking about Young Avengers and the like freely since Wednesday morning? Whatevs.

And it looks like Justice League is finally ramping up. It only took an Aquaman centric story to so it. Now please a Cyborg centric story.

Cyborg is long overdue for a solo book

ReiGun

The next arc is supposed to be Cyborg centric if I'm reading the solicits right.

Anyone watch arrow .

Is it better than smallville? That show seemed terrible outside of the first few seasons

I like it. Its got some corny going on but I love when a new ep pops up on Hulu.
I didn't like Smallville too much. I watched the first season and the one with Supergirl in it and the Legion episode. But bleh, I like Arrow a lot more.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Well unless things have changed firestorm can switch between a white guy and a black dude so technically that's 4 black members

How come if he's white he's a guy but if he's black he's a dude? This sounds casually racist.

This is the worst thing you have ever said.

Wait, am I the only one who's seen Year One but also read the comic and noted "Oh, yeah, this is visually garbage doodie."

0c9Js2G.jpg

ncpvXs4.jpg

WAIT HANG ON WHICH GORDON IS FROM THE MOVIE AND WHICH FROM THE COMIC I CAN'T TELL

Troll

Banned
Wouldn't you eventually be left talking to yourself? Some people are worse than others, but most of the regulars here have let a spoiler slip at some point.

No, I have people on ignore JUST from this thread and it is really nice actually. It's solely based on that person's lack of discretion. I mean, you can be as stringent as you want with your own ignore list obviously, but some people on here I can't enjoy the thread with.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
No, I have people on ignore JUST from this thread and it is really nice actually. It's solely based on that person's lack of discretion. I mean, you can be as stringent as you want with your own ignore list obviously, but some people on here I can't enjoy the thread with.

Damn. So do you like see 5 people in this thread?

uvz

Neo Member
hi guys im new here, just want to see i have been lurking for a while and just recently got into comics. You guys have been great to a newcomer.

There's enough good posters here to keep me visiting. Plus, I didn't get JL spoiled! So there's that.

e: I looked at his post to see what he said out of curiosity.

Spoilers; Shazam! is awesome.

hi guys im new here, just want to see i have been lurking for a while and just recently got into comics. You guys have been great to a newcomer.

Welcome! Now declare your loyalty! ;D

Troll

Banned
You guys do know that just because they are on ignore doesn't mean that after you are caught up you can't read their posts, right?

kswiston

I guess I don't care too much about spoilers, so I have never used the ignore function on GAF. I don't actively seek out spoilers to books I plan on buying/reading, but if I learn that Xavier is going to die again before getting a chance to read the issue for myself, c'est la vie.

I can see how some people would feel differently, and I usually try to keep my spoilers tagged and marked. At least for the first week.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Use ignore for people who spoil. It works.

What do you consider a valid statute of limitations on spoilers? In most of the TV threads, the instant it airs spoilers are fair game. The day comics release, people want to talk about them and if everybody is spoiler tagging everything this thread will turn into a shit show of black boxes on Wednesday. It already kinda does.

Not excusing people for not using discretion, especially for major stuff like last page WTF-moments. Those should probably stay off limits for a while, but by the time the next issue of said comic is out, usually the big spoiler is going to be common knowledge by everybody who cares.

I dunno, ignore list always seems like a drastic thing to me that should be reserved for people who do blatant assholish shit. I've just made it a habit to avoid the thread until after I've read all the stuff I really care about every week.

Acid08

Banned
What do you consider a valid statute of limitations on spoilers? In most of the TV threads, the instant it airs spoilers are fair game. The day comics release, people want to talk about them and if everybody is spoiler tagging everything this thread will turn into a shit show of black boxes on Wednesday. It already kinda does.

Not excusing people for not using discretion, especially for major stuff like last page WTF-moments. Those should probably stay off limits for a while, but by the time the next issue of said comic is out, usually the big spoiler is going to be common knowledge by everybody who cares.

I dunno, ignore list always seems like a drastic thing to me that should be reserved for people who do blatant assholish shit. I've just made it a habit to avoid the thread until after I've read all the stuff I really care about every week.

It's not that hard to spoiler stuff the week it comes out. Fuck the TV thread, we're much classier. My opinion? Preview/solicit stuff should always be spoiler'd, weekly books should get one week(minimum) spoiler tag treatment. It's tough because people have different schedules and don't always read stuff right when other people do. And I still like to browse the thread because ya'll are crazy and it's a good place to talk anything comic related.

Also, Red Hood is the only of these DC animated movies I thought was visually good.

kswiston

TV shows air across the continent simultaneously, and are on at night when most people are off work. I think marked spoilers on Wednesday and Thursday are a decent common courtesy to allow people the opportunity to pick up their books. A little longer before people start posting image spoilers.

That said, I know I used to buy my books once a month in college. If I was still doing that, it would be my own fault for being spoiled if I read this thread. People aren't going to wait weeks to openly discuss a comic. They can wait a few hours though.

Troll

Banned
It's not that hard to spoiler stuff the week it comes out. Fuck the TV thread, we're much classier. My opinion? Preview/solicit stuff should always be spoiler'd, weekly books should get one week(minimum) spoiler tag treatment. It's tough because people have different schedules and don't always read stuff right when other people do. And I still like to browse the thread because ya'll are crazy and it's a good place to talk anything comic related.

Also, Red Hood is the only of these DC animated movies I thought was visually good.

I like those rules, but I use the ignore just to make sure I don't get anything spoiled before I read the books. I have a lot going on and sometimes it can take me five days to get through my pulls. I know that sounds like a lot of time to some people but that's how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom