• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, Vampire. :'(

I did my part... ! And didn't support it. AIN'T GOT NO LOVE FO' VAMPIRES. Looking forward to see the artist on Green Arrow, though.

Keep cancelling and launching new books DC. One day, you will have no more characters and be forced to bring back Cassandra Cain!

My roommate just read your comment and replied, "Cassandra Cain? Who gives a shit." ... I couldn't help but agree with his assessment.

No huge loss. Even I, Vamp should have been a mini.

That Silva book is soooo mine!

I love all those fuckers!

Any team with Booster Gold is greatest team.

Posting this quote from Fialkov's recent interview with CBR.

That's great. So you can confirm you have some other projects forthcoming from DC Comics?

I have two news series, in theory. Things change so quickly so it's hard to know. I have two books tied to each other. If everything goes as planned, DC is letting me do something that I've always wanted to do that's really ambitious. It's certainly a new kind of storytelling for DC so fingers crossed.

But I really can't talk about them at all. And again, this is all in theory. But they should be announced in a couple of months. Sadly enough, the next month will be a dark month for me at DC -- but in the meanwhile, you can come and check out "Alpha" over at Marvel or "Doctor Who" for IDW. And I think, I don't know when, "The Devilers" for Dynamite should be coming out soon too.

If Fialkov is the writer of RB Silva's team book, what are the chances his second book is Booster Gold solo?

What's wrong with Cassandra?

Two things bother me personally about Cassandra; The whiny vocal minority fanbase and the fact that she just isn't that interesting a character. I mean, she is alright, but she certainly isn't so amazing that the universe is lessened by her absence. I have more sympathy for Stephanie Brown fans, but even then, I find Barbara to be a perfectly fine Batgirl. Nor do I have any real attachment to disabled Barbara. I like the thought that people can get better.

Superheros can be on more than one team. It's kinda their thing.

Yeah, I guess. But it's Hawkman.

The world needs a new Booster Gold monthly.
And bring back Skeets!

gummybears.gif

ReiGun

Looks like DC has another wave of books just around the corner, I'd bet May or June. This story was just posted on BC. That brings the number of confirmed cancellations to three so far, right? DC Presents, I, Vampire and now Savage Hawkman.

I can't say I'm going to miss Hawkman, as much as I loved the art of the first arc, the book has been atrocious.

EDIT: RB Silva is also teasing what looks to be an upcoming book for DC. Maybe this is one of the two books Josh Fialkov is writing in the wake of I, Vampire's cancellation?
Canary, Shazam, Booster, and Bossman Grayson? I like where this is going.

Needs more Stephanie Brown to be perfect. (I still believe!)

MartyStu

None of the All-New X-men are really 12 years old. Bendis just keeps making the same joke over and over again to highlight the fact that they are really young compared to what we are used to.

Going by established continuity I think Iceman was 15 when he started and Hank was 18-19. The others were 16-17. Considering they were pulled from the timeline during their first year as X-Men, they should be in those age ranges.

Thats what I figured, but the same joke was made three, maybe four DIFFERENT times.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
At least it's going to receive the ending it deserves.

Yeah but it's a crime that since it was ending anyways DC couldn't have held off on Green Arrow for a couple months to let Sorrentino finish it.

tim1138

I feel like we're overdue for DC to (unsuccessfully) try and bring Kamandi into the N52. We've seen OMAC, Darkseid and Orion (and other assorted Fourth Worlders), and Etrigan is in Demon Knights. By my count that leaves Kamandi as the last Kirby creation they haven't used yet.

I think Geoff Johns and Dan Didio have become huge deterrents to progress at DC. They are so obsessed with maintaing a 70s status quo that its killing the line. There was no reason to replace Waid/Shooters modern Legion with the original 60s Legion and bring back Levitz/Giffen to write it just because thats how it was back in the day. Now sales have faltered and nobody is interested anymore. Same thing with Barry Allen and pushing Wally West out of the picture, the multiverse coming back, turning Impulse into Kid Flash even though thats totally out of character, Barbara back as Batgirl, etc.

But then they try to have it both ways by shoving Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle and the OMAC concept down our throats because they were concieved by them and there gonna keep pushing them no matter how hard fans reject them.

You can say what you want about Marvel but at least they have something for everybody and back everything up with solid creative teams.

I feel like we're overdue for DC to (unsuccessfully) try and bring Kamandi into the N52. We've seen OMAC, Darkseid and Orion (and other assorted Fourth Worlders), and Etrigan is in Demon Knights. By my count that leaves Kamandi as the last Kirby creation they haven't used yet.

This shit is prepurchased.

Hasn't Jeff Lemiere been dropping hints that he is writing an anthology book that would have a Kamandi story in it? He keeps posting pics of characters on his twitter feed

Anyone here read Before Watchmen: Minutemen?
This series was so good it almost justified this Before Watchmen thing.

RB Silva is also teasing what looks to be an upcoming book for DC. Maybe this is one of the two books Josh Fialkov is writing in the wake of I, Vampire's cancellation?

That is a really interesting team. But Hawkman being there kind of brings my hopes down. Unless it is another Thanagarian which I doubt.
I need more Booster Gold right now.

And Chew rocks. I can't get enough of it.

Apparently its a new Justice League International book which makes zero sense because all of those characters are white and more importantly, from America. Unless this is like the American branch of a new JLI team.

nobody besides jack kirby will ever write a good kamandi comic book because nobody besides jack kirby can even begin to approach that level of insanity and still manage to make a good comic book

Acid08

Banned

kswiston

The Avatar is part of the DCU? Das crazy.

Haha.

That's the Red Tornado right? I don't think I have read much with him in it other than 52 and the Justice League reboot before the current volume.

Is the upcoming Justice League of America as close as we will get to a JSA book for awhile?

Viewt

Wasn't Wednesday Comics 2 supposed to happen? What happened to that? Did Jim Lee taking over ruin that too?

I remember hearing something similar. I don't recall if the collection ended up selling very well. It's also possible it just got lost in the shuffle during the New 52 initiative.

It's too bad. Wednesday Comics was really rad, and it was such a talent showcase. Everything from Lee Bermejo:

Wednesday%20Comics%20Superman%20FPI%20blog.jpg

to Amanda Conner:

to fucking Paul Pope:

normal_pope_wednesday.jpeg

Not to mention Kamandi, Metamorpho, Flash, Green Lantern and all of the other amazing stuff from that series.

Damn, now I really miss Wednesday Comics. :(

I remember hearing something similar. I don't recall if the collection ended up selling very well. It's also possible it just got lost in the shuffle during the New 52 initiative.

It's too bad. Wednesday Comics was really rad, and it was such a talent showcase. Everything from Lee Bermejo:

to Amanda Conner:

to fucking Paul Pope:

Not to mention Kamandi, Metamorpho, Flash, Green Lantern and all of the other amazing stuff from that series.

Damn, now I really miss Wednesday Comics. :(

It's possible they just couldn't justify spending money on all that talent. That comic had some serious heavy hitters. Neil Gaiman must cost a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom