• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Hughes

tumblr_m4xymm8DQz1qf2hut.gif

I think Geoff Johns and Dan Didio have become huge deterrents to progress at DC. They are so obsessed with maintaing a 70s status quo that its killing the line. There was no reason to replace Waid/Shooters modern Legion with the original 60s Legion and bring back Levitz/Giffen to write it just because thats how it was back in the day. Now sales have faltered and nobody is interested anymore. Same thing with Barry Allen and pushing Wally West out of the picture, the multiverse coming back, turning Impulse into Kid Flash even though thats totally out of character, Barbara back as Batgirl, etc.

But then they try to have it both ways by shoving Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle and the OMAC concept down our throats because they were concieved by them and there gonna keep pushing them no matter how hard fans reject them.

You can say what you want about Marvel but at least they have something for everybody and back everything up with solid creative teams.

Honestly, it seems like DC just doesn't have a main plan. They just seem to be switching around talent to and keeping anything that sticks. Marvel on the other hand seems to think ahead and plan out those talent changes well ahead of time.

MartyStu

Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

I do not think I like Millar's politics much. Or this particular incarnation of Batman...

Still pretty awesome though.

Fantomex

So I bought Shazam and Superman vs Black Adam blu ray. You know because all of you guys say how awesome DC is lately at putting out animated features and blah blah blah... The main movie is all of 24 minutes? Yeah this is straight up garbage. But didn't you look at the running time on the package Fantomex? I did. Unfortunately that running time of 90 minutes included all special feature shorts, trailers and other garbage.

WOW! I got robbed. But this is enough to make me watch out and not buy the Batman Dark Knight Returns flicks I was intending to.
For shame DC, for shame.

So I bought Shazam and Superman vs Black Adam blu ray. You know because all of you guys say how awesome DC is lately at putting out animated features and blah blah blah... The main movie is all of 24 minutes? Yeah this is straight up garbage. But didn't you look at the running time on the package Fantomex? I did. Unfortunately that running time of 90 minutes included all special feature shorts, trailers and other garbage.

WOW! I got robbed. But this is enough to make me watch out and not buy the Batman Dark Knight Returns flicks I was intending to.
For shame DC, for shame.

You weren't robbed. You didn't pay attention. That's a short. It's the shorts collection. Jesus. You just ranted over your mistake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman/Shazam!:_The_Return_of_Black_Adam

The main movies are 90mins.

Fantomex

You weren't robbed. You didn't pay attention. That's a short. It's the shorts collection. Jesus. You just ranted over your mistake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman/Shazam!:_The_Return_of_Black_Adam

The main movies are 90mins.

The amazon, best buy, and wal mart reviews all average 2 stars for a reason. You kind of get advertised a full feature with three accompanying shorts. The packaging is misleading and it was an impulse buy. So lesson learned. But then again you are the biggest joke on this thread so I'm not surprised it was you who responded.

Tell me how awesome young avengers is going to be! That's what we all want to read about. What's that you say? Young Avengers sucked? Gillien is weak sauce? Everyone's had enough of Hulkling and his super hip gay love one dimensional romance? Its not edgy and hip anymore? No wonder you're always on edge and pissy here. Keep being sunshine bro! You'll get far in life!

notworksafe

The amazon, best buy, and wal mart reviews all average 2 stars for a reason. You kind of get advertised a full feature with three accompanying shorts. The packaging is misleading and it was an impulse buy. So lesson learned. But then again you are the biggest joke on this thread so I'm not surprised it was you who responded.

Tell me how awesome young avengers is going to be! That's what we all want to read about. What's that you say? Young Avengers sucked? Gillien is weak sauce? Everyone's had enough of Hulkling and his super hip gay love one dimensional romance? Its not edgy and hip anymore? No wonder you're always on edge and pissy here. Keep being sunshine bro! You'll get far in life!
No you don't. It literally says "Thrilling Superman/Shazam Short" on the box.

I hurt his widdle feelings as I told him it was his fuck up, so he tries to lash out. Hahaha.

I love this. You're still stupid for not reading the fucking box. I'd say right now, you're the biggest joke on here, darling.

One small problem with the complaints? It's still my boy Billy, being all badass Shazam! and throwing down as only the Earth's Mightiest Mortal can.

*brofist*

Fantomex

I hurt his widdle feelings as I told him it was his fuck up, so he tries to lash out. Hahaha.

I love this.

Bright Superman shirt...check
Curly mustache.. Check.
Half shirt off akin to MySpace ...check

How else can I scream for attention? Tell everyone their wrong and my tastes are awesome!
/kryptonian

The Young Avengers and Gillen would have known not to buy a short as a full release. ::chortle

More personal attacks are right at your level. I await some gay slurs, since they boil right underneath the surface.

Use this lesson to improve your reading comprehension.

I get attention just by showing up in life. All the rest is gravy, believe me. ;)

Fantomex

The Young Avengers and Gillen would have known not to buy a short as a full release. ::chortle

Aww you're so witty and flamboyant!

The gay roommate, boss and cousin would say "Fantomex the biggot? Lol". Keep striving though bro, war on forums must keep you entertained but I'm done with typing back and forth.

Aww you're so witty and flamboyant!

There's the gay slurs I knew were in ya. Am I a cocksucking faggot? Sure am!

And I still have over a 3rd grade reading ability! Maybe you should suck a cock or two, hard guy? That you tried to resort to personal attacks over YOUR fuck up and resulting ill fated rant is amazing since none of the were anything I'd hide from.

You're even terrible at tearing someone down.

Then you use the "some of my best friends are gay" response. Point set match. But it's good that you're done. You're outclassed.

vazel

Banned
I liked the Superman/Shazam short.

One thing that did annoy me about the Blu-ray is that it advertises extended versions of the other shorts. These additions are so tiny and negligible that it's not worth mentioning.

ReiGun

I hope the TDK movies are better than Year One. I was so excited for that cause I love Year One and that movie just did not deliver.

Shame WB doesn't want to make any non-Supes/Bats movies. Would love a good Flash or Aquaman movie. Or another Wonder Woman.

Fantomex

There's the gay slurs I knew were in ya. Am I a cocksucking faggot? Sure am!

And I still have over a 3rd grade reading ability! Maybe you should suck a cock or two, hard guy? That you tried to resort to personal attacks over YOUR fuck up and resulting ill fated rant is amazing since none of the were anything I'd hide from.

You're even terrible at tearing someone down.

Kryptonian seriously, your pic is flamboyant. It's not even me trying to get you mad.

Look

Flamboyant
Adjective
(of a person or their behavior) Tending to attract attention because of their exuberance, confidence, and stylishness.
(esp. of clothing) Noticeable because brightly colored, highly patterned, or unusual in style.

I'm done though man, we have nothing productive to say to each other.

I hope the TDK movies are better than Year One. I was so excited for that cause I love Year One and that movie just did not deliver.

Shame WB doesn't want to make any non-Supes/Bats movies. Would love a good Flash or Aquaman movie. Or another Wonder Woman.

It's not entirely their fault. They've tried some other movies to mixed success. Just happens to be that most people love/want Superman / Batman.

I'm pretty sure Flashpoint is going to be one of the upcoming movies though. And while obviously alt-universey, it was Flash centric in many ways. Soooo... yay for that?

Kryptonian seriously, your pic is flamboyant. It's not even me trying to get you mad.

Look

Flamboyant
Adjective
(of a person or their behavior) Tending to attract attention because of their exuberance, confidence, and stylishness.
(esp. of clothing) Noticeable because brightly colored, highly patterned, or unusual in style.

I'm done though man, we have nothing prdouctive to say to each other.

You used the word as an attack. It's already done in my eyes. I called it right before you did it too. I know what's up. But like I said, nothing you say can possibly affect me. I'll own up to it all gladly. Better and more bigoted than you have tried and failed.

I'm saddened that there's still this horrible attitude in 2013, but not surprised. There was nothing in my initial reply to garner such a hostile response, or go on with the personal attacks about appearance, and apparently my "flamboyance"

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's not entirely their fault. They've tried some other movies to mixed success. Just happens to be that most people love/want Superman / Batman.

I'm pretty sure Flashpoint is going to be one of the upcoming movies though. And while obviously alt-universey, it was Flash centric in many ways. Soooo... yay for that?

Yeah, Flashpoint is all but confirmed as the fall release this year. It'll probably be under a Justice League label, but hey, if that's what they need to do to give Flash a big role in one of these movies, so be it.

No you don't. It literally says "Thrilling Superman/Shazam Short" on the box.

And the very top of the box art declares "DC Showcase Animated Original Shorts". If that's not clear enough on its own (or in combination with the line that you posted), it's a directly different label than how all the features are called "DC Universe Animated Original Movie" on their covers. There was nothing sneaky about it.

vazel

Banned
Yikes, Superman/Shazam has 3-stars at Amazon. That's bad considering nearly everything gets 4-5 stars on the site. Most of the low reviews cite the main feature being a short as their gripe.

This is why we don't get releases like this in America. In Japan this would be no big deal. But Americans earning their stereotypes once again. Do your due diligence and at least read the fucking cover.

Fantomex

Yikes, Superman/Shazam has 3-stars at Amazon. That's bad considering nearly everything gets 4-5 stars on the site. Most of the low reviews cite the main feature being a short as their gripe.

This is why we don't get releases like this in America. In Japan this would be no big deal. But Americans earning their stereotypes once again. Do your due diligence and at least read the fucking cover.

In the end it's a my bad for not thoroughly reading the thing "meticulously". But to be honest, the marketing /pr did go out of their way to blur the lines a bit. For example, if you guys buy a four pack of movies on one disc, they usually divide the covers into four or 2 images showcasing the titles by popularity. They did good at representing the packaging giving the spotlight to shazam and friends making you feel that was the big feature and others were short compared to the "main attraction". But to anyone that was awaiting this release, they knew what it consisted of. To a guy on impulse buys like me, they caught me unaware. So I can understand either way.

ReiGun

Yeah I know about the sales problems. Still sucks.

I suppose the best we can hope for is stories that star one character but have Bats and Supes in them. Like that Apokalips movie was basically about Supergirl, and Flashpoint is Flash-centric. Here's hoping for Throne of Atlantis and...*sigh* God forbid...Amazons Attack.

Yeah I know about the sales problems. Still sucks.

I suppose the best we can hope for is stories that star one character but have Bats and Supes in them. Like that Apokalips movie was basically about Supergirl, and Flashpoint is Flash-centric. Here's hoping for Throne of Atlantis and...*sigh* God forbid...Amazons Attack.

Yeah starting a very noticeable team up series of features would be great, and add some more variety to the Supes/Bats cavalcade, without losing them on the cover for sales purposes.

Still, it's a shame that Wonder a woman will not get a sequel or follow up. Maybe if her new TV show, Amazon works out?

vazel

Banned
Fuck, I just realized we're probably never going to get the DC Nation shorts released on their own disc so they can avoid this kind of an issue. Maybe if we're lucky they'll include the DC Nation shorts as extras in the animated movie discs.

Troll

Banned
In the end it's a my bad for not thoroughly reading the thing "meticulously". But to be honest, the marketing /pr did go out of their way to blur the lines a bit. For example, if you guys buy a four pack of movies on one disc, they usually divide the covers into four or 2 images showcasing the titles by popularity. They did good at representing the packaging giving the spotlight to shazam and friends making you feel that was the big feature and others were short compared to the "main attraction". But to anyone that was awaiting this release, they knew what it consisted of. To a guy on impulse buys like me, they caught me unaware. So I can understand either way.

Please tell me you bought it for seven dollars and not thirty.

ReiGun

Yeah starting a very noticeable team up series of features would be great, and add some more variety to the Supes/Bats cavalcade, without losing them on the cover for sales purposes.

Still, it's a shame that Wonder a woman will not get a sequel or follow up. Maybe if her new TV show, Amazon works out?
It would be awesome cause Batman and Superman work just as well as supporting characters as the main attraction.

I'd be surprised if Amazon works out and DC doesn't start putting out more WW stuff. It'd be a perfect time to do so, if they're really doing the JLA movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom