• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coipel's art is da bomb

rSpMbcq.jpg

I bet comics superstar Geoff Johns takes over Nightwing.

I could honestly see Tynion taking the character Dick Grayson and turning him into the next Talon, and the nightwing book becoming a vehicle for the female nightwing-ish character we glimpsed in the artwork for Snyder's upcoming flashforward.

I really love the look to The Punisher covers. And I am really getting Morbius flashbacks from reading the Ghost Rider solicits. Please not again.

Gerads is the fucking bomb man, The Activity is such a good book. I stuck up a really striking page yesterday from one of the few previews for the first issue that's kicking around. Really feeling good vibes about the book.

MG310

That 10 dollar Deadpool.

Probably going to drop a few books in favor of Nightcrawler and Ms. Marvel. Most likely Uncanny and ANXM. Trying to keep it around 15 subs total.

Toa TAK

Banned
Finished reading Vol. 1 of Fables.

It's great. I love the art, and the mystery was fun. Will be picking up Vol. 2 and 3 shortly.

EDIT: Holy crap, Superior Spider-Man ends in April. Sad month.

tim1138

Johns plz.

It apparently came down straight from Diane Nelson, she wanted him to spend more time on his CCO duties and not as much on writing. It's bittersweet for me, I'm still a huge Johns fanboy and buy everything he writes so having less output from him sucks, but at the same time he's heavily involved in the TV side now and Arrow has turned out great and I can't imagine Flash not replicating that success. Of course it's all hearsay, so do with it what you will.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It apparently came down straight from Diane Nelson, she wanted him to spend more time on his CCO duties and not as much on writing. It's bittersweet for me, I'm still a huge Johns fanboy and buy everything he writes so having less output from him sucks, but at the same time he's heavily involved in the TV side now and Arrow has turned out great and I can't imagine Flash not replicating that success. Of course it's all hearsay, so do with it what you will.

A Rogues monthly series is all I want from him. He can do that, and then go into tv land forever if that's what he wants. But I need that man to write some damn Rogues.

tim1138

Tim, if Johns was in the Batverse, would you be more interested in it?

Johns could write the Adventures of Beppo the Super Monkey and I'd buy it, so yeah.
Honestly I really like Nightwing but couldn't get into Higgins run on the book, so I'll probably give it another shot regardless of who is writing it.

It's not that I dislike the Batverse as much as I just don't like Scott Snyder's writing so I just avoid the whole line. I pulled Batgirl for the first year or so, but stopped when it got kept getting bogged down in crossovers and just lost interest. I pull the occasional issue of Batman & ... because I love Patrick Gleason's art, that will probably go on my pull list for good if turns out to be a Brave and the Bold style book like the March and April issues seem to indicate.

So long story short, I enjoy the Batverse, just not Scott Snyder's take on it.

Not new but I was browsing Lemire's twitter and dude has some exciting stuff up this year. He mentions that he has a new OGN that he's working on to come out from DC that's not been announced, a new creator owned series with "one of his favourite artists" to be announced (no publisher mentioned for that one), so that's interesting if he's not drawing, and he mentions doing some sort of Sweet Tooth story, no idea where that will pop up. Finishing off Trillium, Green Arrow and the OGN he's already worknig on that he announced, "Roughneck", and it'll be a pretty great year for Lemire fans. And Justice League Canada if that's your kind of thing.

All aliens are evil BLAM! You're dead.
Do any of his books have any plot right now? The X franchise needs Charles Soule bad. Is there any rhyme or reason to Marvel's pricing. Iron Patriot is a four dollar book, Claremont three dollars, Iron Fist four dollars, Ghost Rider four dollars, Amazing Spiderman six dollars.

Omega

Banned
i don't read much on the Marvel side, but from the way you guys talk about him, Bendis is on the bottomest of bottom tier for writers.

Read Issues #1-3 of Amazing X-Men.

Take this all with a grain of salt as I was basically jumping in blind; It's alright? There are some concepts I am not sure about exactly, since it is dealing with the afterlife. Is going to and from the Afterlife as easy as it appears to be in this book? People who are dead fighting people who are alive; What happens if you "kill" someone who is dead?

That being said, the Bamfs are hilariously adorable.

Nightcrawler's combat style is drawn pretty well, I was able to follow the action fairly naturally.

No Cyclops is a huge plus.

The book did nothing to make me want to expand into more Marvel but it was mildly enjoyable so I'll continue to pull it for a few more issues.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Both Stegman and Sandoval, probably my favourite marvel artists at the mo, on a book I have no interest in. Geez :/ And Bradshaw consigned to Bendis GOTG. Maybe New Warriors will be go... oh Nova.

Also I think Peter Parker is coming back youuu guyyyzzzzzz.

i don't read much on the Marvel side, but from the way you guys talk about him, Bendis is on the bottomest of bottom tier for writers.
There are worse writers then Bendis. The thing about Bendis is that he's a one trick pony, but Marvel doesn't see it and trots him out on books he's not a good fit for.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Not new but I was browsing Lemire's twitter and dude has some exciting stuff up this year. He mentions that he has a new OGN that he's working on to come out from DC that's not been announced, a new creator owned series with "one of his favourite artists" to be announced (no publisher mentioned for that one), so that's interesting if he's not drawing, and he mentions doing some sort of Sweet Tooth story, no idea where that will pop up. Finishing off Trillium, Green Arrow and the OGN he's already worknig on that he announced, "Roughneck", and it'll be a pretty great year for Lemire fans. And Justice League Canada if that's your kind of thing.

New Sweet Tooth story coming this year?!

Maybe that's the OGN through DC he spoke of at the end of December?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Are we allowed to talk about the Ultimate universe
continuing
in here without spoiler tags yet?

Because
I'm honestly quite surprised, when this all seemed like the perfect out. Do they really think like.... the 3rd or 4th relaunch in so many years is going to do shit?

Earth One is basically Zero Year where the writer realized that the only interesting way to do a Batman origin in comics anymore is do make it really weird.

Wierd is a great way to describe it. I kind of likes grizzly Alfred. Felt like he was riffing on year one too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom