• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Sweet Tooth story coming this year?!

Maybe that's the OGN through DC he spoke of at the end of December?

I know haha, right, the way he drops that nonchalantly in there, I was reading and spotte dit and was like WHA?!?!. Although ,i'd be interested in what time it's set. I absolutely love Sweet Tooth but imo
the second last issue is the perfect end, I could have done without that last issue.
. What a book though.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Are we allowed to talk about the Ultimate universe
continuing
in here without spoiler tags yet?

Because
I'm honestly quite surprised, when this all seemed like the perfect out. Do they really think like.... the 3rd or 4th relaunch in so many years is going to do shit?

The second the give up their "if your dead your dead" rule the ultimate books can be saved. What ruined them wasn't the hokey reimaginings as much as the fact they killed off all the best characters and half the decent ones don't even exist. They were a step away from killing Starks a event ago and he might be the only interesting avenger left

Its like a universe of roleplayers and character actors minus miles spiderman, starks, and cap

MG310

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/the-all-new-x-men-come-to-hasbro

They're a little large for the teen versions but I'm definitely in for one.

Out-of-Pack-small.jpeg

Packaging-small.jpeg

To be relaunched with Scott Lobdell and Rob Liefeld in May
If it was Rob Liefeld writing AND drawing it, i'd read the shit out of it
Higgins is off Nightwing. Solicits next Tuesday.
nightwing does need a refresher. hope they get a good artist on it too.
Ewwww, BC with a nasty Teen Titan rumor. Tony Daniel leaving Supes/WW for a relaunch of The New Teen Titans.
ugh, no, leave Tony Daniel with that book i have no interest in
Never likes batman when johns has written him. Something felt off.Earth One was pretty meh.
I feel like Johns totally hates Batman so the only way he could write him is by changing everything and making him a loser.
He's so fucking ineffectual in Earth One, Alfred has to come in and save his sorry ass from Penguin (before killing him with a gun)

VeeP

Oh wow. Lobdell is finally off TT? About time. Hopefully they relaunch the book with a good team, or at least give Tim Drake his own book.

Heh, it was more of a joke that Wolfman and Perez launched The New Teen Titans already in 1980. They created my guy Deathstroke.

Oh trust me I know that. It's an amazing run, and I totally wouldn't mind Wolfman coming back onto a TT book, just not ...Perez.....

But I get that you meant it as a joke.

DagsJT

I've started reading Ultimate Comics Spider-man and the population are saying about mutants and people get killed for being a mutant. So I'm guessing there was a story before this where mutants were discovered by the general public? I feel like I should start with that series.

I've started reading Ultimate Comics Spider-man and the population are saying about mutants and people get killed for being a mutant. So I'm guessing there was a story before this where mutants were discovered by the general public? I feel like I should start with that series.

In the Ultimate universe, Magneto basically drowned New York City and tons of people died, including a lot of well-known characters. The mini-series it happened in was one of the very worst comics ever printed.

There. I just saved you reading Ultimatum. You definitely shouldn't read Ultimatum BTW.

Oh man, Southern Bastards, oh man. Cannot freaking wait!

I hope Comixology has a Sweet Tooth sale right before the new Sweet Tooth story or OGN or whatever drops. I gotta finish that series but I can't be growing my physical collection right now. If not, I'll just read it at the library, I guess.

Lemire talked to me on Twitter!

Jeff Lemire
@JeffLemire

I will be coming to Seattle for @emeraldcitycon this year. Rooming with some degenerate named @Ssnyder1835 - 16 Jan
More Tweets

Nick Mairose
@xCandNx

@JeffLemire @emeraldcitycon @Ssnyder1835 is Slade going to be a part of your Green Arrow Mr. Lemire? - 16 Jan

Jeff Lemire
@JeffLemire

@xCandNx no plans for Slade in GA. But I am writing him elsewhere.

tim1138

Lemire talked to me on Twitter!

Jeff Lemire
@JeffLemire

I will be coming to Seattle for @emeraldcitycon this year. Rooming with some degenerate named @Ssnyder1835 - 16 Jan
More Tweets

Nick Mairose
@xCandNx

@JeffLemire @emeraldcitycon @Ssnyder1835 is Slade going to be a part of your Green Arrow Mr. Lemire? - 16 Jan

Jeff Lemire
@JeffLemire

@xCandNx no plans for Slade in GA. But I am writing him elsewhere.

Shoulda asked if he was coming back to Cincy since he skipped out on the Comic Expo last year.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Somebody tell Lemire to get Travel Foreman on the last issue of Animal Man to make up for 15 or so issues of pure shite.

tim1138

Doubt it, we missed our chance. Comic superstars don't come to Cincy. We get some stars, but no Superstars.

That reminds me, Wolfman and Perez are coming this year. You should get your Deathstroke first appearance signed!

Filthy Slug said:
Somebody tell Lemire to get Travel Foreman on the last issue of Animal Man to make up for 15 or so issues of pure shite.

Pretty sure Foreman is involved with the last issue.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Pretty sure Foreman is involved with the last issue.

Wooh! Hopefully there will be some closure on this tumultuous run.

He's actually doing a book with Mark Millar later this year.

Just kidding, but I had you there :D

I can't be anymore upset than I am that Frank Quietly is wasting his time and talent working with that cunty hack. Travel Foreman working with Millar would be the shit cherry on the shit sundae, drizzled with liquid shit, though.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I remember reading the agonies of people who tried to stick with Animal Man during the ill-fated crossover with Swamp Thing. We will always have Animal Man #1 though.

Filthy Slug

I remember reading the agonies of people who tried to stick with Animal Man during the ill-fated crossover with Swamp Thing. We will always have Animal Man #1 though.

Woah, those first, like, 7 issues or whatever were really fantastic. It was the second Foreman dropped off and Rotworld came in that everything...well, rotted.

The only glimpse of greatness after was the second annual with Foreman, that told a really heartwarming Buddy/Cliff story that, despite my feeling that it was too-little-too-late, really was a great issue.

Man, I love Lemire, but literally nothing about JLU's premise is enticing to me, bar Ollie being there. I don't know. If reviews are overwhelming then maybe, but just nothing for me here, despite Lemire's skill as a writer.

Can't wait for Eternal. A weekly bat book is one of the few things that probably would get me to buy a floppy, but I have no store near me for lightyears, and forbidden planet won't ship you less than like 3 comics at a time, so I still wouldn't be able to get it weekly ha. Maybe digital and grab the trades as they come out too.

Owzers

c'mon even Superior Foes made it longer than that

Doop is $4 tho

why the fuck is Daredevil 1.5 $5

marvel pls

Oversized extravaganza.

So i've come to terms that DC/Marvel/Image aren't joking around when it comes to wanting my money. Image is just releasing a ton of books i'm interested in, can't fault them there. DC wants that weekly series gravy with Batman Eternal and Future Money's End. And Marvel decided that having 10+ issues oversized for 4.99-9.99 is cool.

If i buy those oversized issues and they aren't amazing, i'm going to be an angry panda.

Omega

Banned
I don't really want to get a weekly book, I'm already getting too many double-shipping and deluxe-sized issues. I might trade wait Eternal. Then again....

4ATAPj5.jpg

Shit is ridiculous. Lemire started on GA at issue #17, which released February 2013.

The first non-shit GA trade doesn't come out until March.

DC hates us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom