• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oversized extravaganza.

So i've come to terms that DC/Marvel/Image aren't joking around when it comes to wanting my money. Image is just releasing a ton of books i'm interested in, can't fault them there. DC wants that weekly series gravy with Batman Eternal and Future Money's End. And Marvel decided that having 10+ issues oversized for 4.99-9.99 is cool.

If i buy those oversized issues and they aren't amazing, i'm going to be an angry panda.

I can't believe that Deadpool #27 is going to be $9.99! But I'm okay with paying $3.99 a pop for Doop. I think anyone who's a fan of X-Statix would.

On the trade front, nothing I really want except to keep buying the Peter David X-Factor and Dan Slott She-Hulk Ultimate Collections. Odd thing I noticed is that Thanos Rising is getting an HC release now? After the paperback? People didn't buy that piece of shit before, Marvel thinks they'll want to pay even more for it?

c'mon even Superior Foes made it longer than that

Doop is $4 tho

why the fuck is Daredevil 1.5 $5

marvel pls

Ellis doesn't exactly have extended runs. -_-

But, I'm still looking forward to more of this:
pJpG4aL.jpg

I know I am I'm the minority here but as someone who buys physical, I'm ready for GA to raise the price to 3.99 to get that firmer, and glossier cover. Feels good.

Owzers

I know I am I'm the minority here but as someone who buys physical, I'm ready for GA to raise the price to 3.99 to get that firmer, and glossier cover. Feels good.

Those covers are nice Xo. They should do it and include a digital code for 3.99 instead of making combo packs 4.99.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, are you gonna pay for my issues? Green Arrow's paper is fine--DC has solid standard paper.

Messi

I read Chew Vol 6: Space Cakes. That ending was brutal. General spoilers plus ending

I loved that the entire book was about Toni and Co while Tony recovers. Poyo is a boss.

That ending is really gruesome with the collector removing Tonis limbs and breaking her neck :(

Chew is fantastic.

Cool maybe Kara can make a friend in Justice League Unlimited...but they'll probably have her start shit with Stargirl all the time... and I'll get some Animal Man fix. I still like his book, whatevs.

sol_bad

Aside from being the main author on the previous X-Factor book?
He wrote 10 years worth of Hulk comics, and wrote a Captain Marvel series during the Late 90s.

He has written so many books yet his writing is still so bad? That's in my opinion of course. It wasn't only that laughing scene I had a problem with but the whole book.
Granted I haven't read Gambit or Polaris in a book for a very long time but they both felt very out of character to me from what I remember.

Also was all that talk about being "evil"?
It seemed so childish, "you're an evil person"...
Why not just say they're a bad person or a not nice person or they don't trust them?

Pointing out Quicksilver is straight out evil? Did he trick a bunch of people into dying and kidnap their souls and take them to hell or something?

Isak_Borg

He has written so many books yet his writing is still so bad? That's in my opinion of course. It wasn't only that laughing scene I had a problem with but the whole book.
Granted I haven't read Gambit or Polaris in a book for a very long time but they both felt very out of character to me from what I remember.

Why not just say they're a bad person or a not nice person or they don't trust them?

Pointing out Quicksilver is straight out evil? Did he trick a bunch of people into dying and kidnap their souls and take them to hell or something?

Peter David can do no wrong in my book.

His runs on books tend to look at the bigger picture and really provide a sweeping narrative.

I would say give it time.

Anyone pick up Nova phase?

Probably my book of the week just really sad I don't know when the next issue is coming out.

frye

I haven't read it but PAD's got a bit of a quippy style to his writing. It's probably just an understated joke.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm late, but I just found out Teen Titans is cancelled...

...Meh. Mercy killing, I say.

It's about damn time someone put us out of our misery. Now if only Lobdell could be set upon an iceberg and floated out to sea so he can die, like an Eskimo, then this mercy killing would be complete.

JEKKI

yooooo I've been sleeping on Swamp Thing!!

stupid azz $5 annual came out and I didnt wanna pay $5,

so the past 3 issues jus been piling up...

but I crossed that hump and caught up, it's real good!!!

definitely a huge improvement over all the time spend introducing Seeder,

but now they fight! and it's da bomb!!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Geoff Johns needs to bring this level of sexy to The Rogues. Dammit, I need a cocaine-fueled Mirror Master's night out story ASAP.

Parch

Are they replacing it with something else? If not, when was the last time DC didn't have a Teen Titans/Young Justice title?
Isn't Legion of Super-Heroes dead too? So that kills off the last of the "young justice" line of the original new-52. Never been my thing, but I am surprised by this. I always thought Teen Titans and LOSH were fairly popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom