• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, it's pretty horrifying. For once I'm gonna endure the shitty coloring (Who the fuck calls themselves GurufX??) though because of Buck. After his mini, which will heavily feature Ran Shen for some stupid reason, that's the only place he will be unless Alonso mans up and announces his new solo. If Ms. Marvel and Elektra get books, Winter Soldier deserves another shot since there's a movie coming out.
Brah is so horrible he does not want his real name attached.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, it's really hurting the enthusiasm of a lot of fans it seems (including me). I'm wondering if Aja really is that slow of an artist or if there are some other factors in play. His artwork doesn't seem like it should take forever...

I want more of Barney and Clint, I like Kate but I totally enjoy the brotherly dynamic they have, so cool.
Aja really is that slow.

i don't read X-Factor but I reeaaaaaallllllly want this variant
BeN9lCeIYAAn-BU.jpg

I forgot Gambit was even in this book, i may have to start reading it

Messi

Wait... Deadpool wedding issue is $10???? How are they going to justify that? My shop will charge me 13-14 euro easily :(. Damn

Splatt

Wait... Deadpool wedding issue is $10???? How are they going to justify that? My shop will charge me 13-14 euro easily :(. Damn

Every notable Deadpool writer of the past is writing a story for that issue.

Joe Kelly and Fabian Nicieza <3 <3 <3

I hope Velvet's quality continues to be this great, the art and writing have been some of the best. Velvet and Zero have been my surprise titles and my two current non super hero favorite books.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So that Deadpool annual was pretty neat. Didn't expect that, but I enjoyed it none the less.

On Blue Beetle:
Post Forever Evil is going to be a great reason for alot more heroes to crop up, so Blue Beetles is a perfect addition.

On Storm's Hair:
My biggest complaint reading Amazing X-Men. I hate mohawk Storm.

Finally bought myself some Marvel stuff. Ordered Hickman's Secret Warriors Omnibus. I've been after it for some time, read the first volume last year and loved it, it'll be fun to sit down and blaze through the whole thing. Ordered Hickman's Avengers volume 1 & 2, and New Avengers Volume 1 as well. Stuck down a pre-order for the big Infinity HC next month so that'll take me through avengers vol. 3 & 4 and new avengers volume 2 as well.

I've been patiently waiting on some of the marvel now stuff accumulating for awhile now, and it seemed like a good time. The HCs have dropped to acceptable pricing. Put Aaron's Thor, Remender's Cap and Spencer's Secret Avengers on my birthday wishlist and gave it to my girlfriend too, so by end of March time I should have a good Marvel Yin to the Batbooks Yang I pick up. Got a strong eye for the stuff Kot and Edmondson are starting up at Marvel too, maybe Invaders, likely look at that stuff in the fall when they are coming to trade.

Pretty sure most of this was spurred by Aaron bringing Nick snr. back for Original Sin haha. Always one of my favourite characters under Brubaker during his Cap/Bucky stuff, finally got me to push the button on Secret Warriors and it was just a descent into Madness from there.

one of these things is not like the other, donnie pls

Ironically, there's one in there that I put because I enjoy the character/s and not so much the writer, and I'm trying to give said writer a chance, but I'm not really sure it's the one most of you guys would finger haha.

It's Remender. I'm still looking for that one piece of work that he nails and blows me away. I like Spencer haha

Oh shit I just clued into the fact that Tradd Moore is doing the art on the new Ghost Rider book. Might have to check that out. Loved Moore's work on the second issue of Zero.

Edit: come to think of it, all the artist on Zero have been really good. Haven't even let down yet.

Oh shit I just clued into the fact that Tradd Moore is doing the art on the new Ghost Rider book. Might have to check that out. Loved Moore's work on the second issue of Zero.

I literally cannot wait for Zero to hit trade. That's another reason I'm catching up on Secret Avengers; I like Spencer but I know Kot comes on board and is taking over, and Kot is definitely one to watch. The interviews he gives,the guy is unbelievable. He sounds like one of the enxt greats, he *gets* it. All those artists on Zero though, ugh. I think Vanese Del Rey, who did Hit at boom, is doing an issue. Liek I said, counting the days for that trade.

Edit: come to think of it, all the artist on Zero have been really good. Haven't even let down yet.

Check out Luther Strode if you love Tradd Moore, some amazing stuff from him in every issue, I am with you about the Ghost Rider book, if Tradd is doing most of it, the art is going to be amazing.

Acid08

Banned

Tradd is really good on Luther Strode. But it's hyper violent so if you're not into that then you might now be into it.

Check out Luther Strode if you love Tradd Moore, some amazing stuff from him in every issue, I am with you about the Ghost Rider book, if Tradd is doing most of it, the art is going to be amazing.

Ah, yes. I forgot that Marvel switches up artists frequently. Enthusiasm diminished.

Tradd is really good on Luther Strode. But it's hyper violent so if you're not into that then you might now be into it.

Thanks for the warning, Acid. As great as the art may be, I'm becoming soured on dark, violent stories. Like the upcoming Stray Bullets, for example. I read the first 4 issues on Comixology (they are free, btw) and they are so good. Riveting and unpredictable crime comics. Lovely art. But I'm just not that into crime and horror, for the most part. It makes me feel yucky.

Just spitballin here, but sitting thinking about this Original Sin thing here: Is Aaron going to make Fury snr. the next watcher? Sounds dumb, but thematically it would just be an amplification of what Fury always has been. The man who's watching everyone else from afar, holding all the cards and playing to his own set of rules, always working towards *the greater good* regardless of everyone else. Just interesting Aaron is bringing him back into the fold. Its not like he would have to go live on the moon or be bestowed any magical powers, he could still be Nick Fury, but this time he really does know everything. Doesn't mean he knows the right thing to do about everything he knows.

Not that I'd necessarily want that, but it struck me as making sense a little, Fury and the watcher kind of have plenty in common, I could see them going that way. You take a picture of the crowd at every important event or assassination in the marvel universe, the only two guys there every time are Fury and the watcher; it's just that Fury might have been the one holding the rifle a bunch of times.

I'm just not that into crime and horror

Maq, yr dead to me
j/k

Would someone mind explaining why this is such a big deal?

a bunch of us like old JLI characters and he was murdered to get the story going during the "Batman's just as psycho as anyone in Arkham (maybe more) / Justice Leagues been giving everyone some mindrape for years" times.

Booster Gold/ Blue Beetle teamups were good times

Would someone mind explaining why this is such a big deal?

Blue Beetle is part of a rather legendary run of Justice League International where Blue Beetle and Booster Gold had an amazing friendship. They got into all sorts of awesome trouble together. Outside of that, he has existed in one incarnation or another for decades, and has been dead for sometime ever since a rather pivotal event pre-New 52 and it really seemed like he was going to be one of those characters that would probably stay dead, not coming back during several events where they could have easily done so.

Also, for some people he is their Wally West, Stephanie Brown, or Cassandra Cain. Why does a certain segment of the fandom lose their collective shit over them? Same basic reason.

Cheska

a bunch of us like old JLI characters and he was murdered to get the story going during the "Batman's just as psycho as anyone in Arkham (maybe more) / Justice Leagues been giving everyone some mindrape for years" times.

Booster Gold/ Blue Beetle teamups were good times

Blue Beetle is part of a rather legendary run of Justice League International where Blue Beetle and Booster Gold had an amazing friendship. They got into all sorts of awesome trouble together. Outside of that, he has existed in one incarnation or another for decades, and has been dead for sometime ever since a rather pivotal event pre-New 52 and it really seemed like he was going to be one of those characters that would probably stay dead, not coming back during several events where they could have easily done so.

Also, for some people he is their Wally West, Stephanie Brown, or Cassandra Cain. Why does a certain segment of the fandom lose their collective shit over them? Same basic reason.

Thanks guys! I haven't read that JLI run and don't really have any knowledge of Blue Beetle or Booster Gold. I'm happy for those of you that are excited he's back though :)

I read the most recent issue of catwoman today. Why do I keep doing this to myself. 25(?) issues in and I've only enjoyed a handful. Yet I find myself hopeful that the new story will be better. I really like Catwoman :/.
cancel it, and use that money that would've gone to that book to buy more trades of the Brub's stuff

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I read the most recent issue of catwoman today. Why do I keep doing this to myself. 25(?) issues in and I've only enjoyed a handful. Yet I find myself hopeful that the new story will be better. I really like Catwoman :/.

As many will attest, my tastes are lowbrow. I've read more than my share of Catwoman. Even I swore off Catwoman until Nocenti moves on. Just reread the Brubaker run when you miss Selena.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I went to the LCS today and got some Ghost Rider back issues I am missing from the late 70s. What's the word in the new Ghost Rider series?

Messi

cancel it, and use that money that would've gone to that book to buy more trades of the Brub's stuff

I know but I'm a sucker for current comics. I'm slowly going back through old Catwoman books and it's making me realise how incredibly shit nocenti's writing is. The Zero Year issue by Layman was like dc stabbing me with a tiny knife almost like they know the regular book is shit.

I canceled Catwoman, but my roommate, who is the one who picks up our weekly pull list, grabbed a copy of it anyways. So now it is sitting here, in my pile, staring at me.

Messi

I canceled Catwoman, but my roommate, who is the one who picks up our weekly pull list, grabbed a copy of it anyways. So now it is sitting here, in my pile, staring at me.

Don't do it. Take my advice it is incredibly shit. I kind of feel like they are using jokers daughter just to troll us with an equally shit villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom