• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still love Hawkeye but I agree about the delays killing the momentum of the story. It's frustrating and makes it hard to care.

Sigh. Still love the book, but the delays really are messing with it.

Parch

As for who Captain Cold is--well he's the baddest motha'fucka to take on the Flash outside of a giant talking Gorilla. He's a blue-collar criminal who bands together a group of like-minded miscreants in an effort to get by in a world with Flashes running around. If you want a great character study and encapsulation of who Captain Cold is and who the motha'fuckin' Rogues are, check out Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge. It's short, self-contained enough in that you just have to know they fucked up, and the world's gone to shit around them, and one of my favorite stories.
Sounds interesting. I'll see if I can hunt it down.
I actually applaud DC for taking some risks. Putting a character that is basically unknown on Justice League is kinda Avengers-like, but definitely some ballsy risk.

oPushlt.jpg
He is Groot.

Source (CBR)

Yeah picked up Rat Queens and Skyman this week since a low pull for me.

Rat Queens had me laughing.

"I thought you were the captain of the guard cause you are the most handsome man in town?"

"Shut up Gary."

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I liked the book so much at first because of their interactions so splitting them up just left me with two characters that aren't strong enough on their own for me to care about. Clint's story should be awesome and straight forward at this point but Fraction dawdled too much when his brother came around.

This is exactly how I feel about it now.

Ted Kord is coming back, now bring back Booster!

YAY!!!

giphy.gif

So I have mixed feelings about the new JL team (boooo Lex, yay Cold) but I have faith in Johns, while his JL run so far hasn't been amazing, I've loved trinity war and forever evil.

Super cool line up for the JLU team, excited for that book.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Sounds interesting. I'll see if I can hunt it down.
I actually applaud DC for taking some risks. Putting a character that is basically unknown on Justice League is kinda Avengers-like, but definitely some ballsy risk.
Totally, it's a cheap trade. Come back and talk about it if ya do!

“Ted Kord returns to the DCU in Forever Evil #7, and plays a role in Justice League post-Forever Evil,”Johns said simply and directly, when asked whether he could provide a one-sentence teaser for the future of the book. Unfortunately for fans who might like a little more of a hint, that was the last question asked.

Blue_Beetle_Ted_Kord.jpg

OH MY GOD

kmfdmpig

Bring back blue and gold. Make it happen, DC. Don't try to make it dark and gritty like Generation Lost. Use MTMTE and Hawkeye as examples of comics that can be good and fun at the same time and make it happen.

NoTacos

So I finally read Superior Spiderman 25. Shit is getting serious.

Also, someone who is following Wolverine, answer this please:
How/when did Logan lose his healing factor?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just got my first print comics and I'm not impressed with Marvel's quality at all. They feel flimsy and have a bazillion ads everywhere. DC's books feel nice as hell though (especially their $4 glossy cover ones). Got them all from a comic shop.

I think I might just go with subscribing straight through Marvel for their $4 books since they are 40-44% off and come with free digital copies. DC's physical books are nice but since they don't come with digital, I can't fuck with them (they drop in price every 2 months on Comixology anyway).

And I don't think I'll ever step foot in a comic shop again. They didn't have full back issues of anything I wanted minus Superior Spider-Man. Plus, all their newer back issues were marked up by 16 cents.

Oh, I got Harley Quinn #1 too. They didn't have the variant cover so I got Wonder Woman 601's instead (damn impulse buys).

Oh yeah, ads! I forgot all about those, haven't picked up a floppy in a couple of years. Another reason digital is the bestest.

MartyStu

So I finally read Superior Spiderman 25. Shit is getting serious.

Also, someone who is following Wolverine, answer this please:
How/when did Logan lose his healing factor?

Middle of last year.

They have not done much with it, but looks like they are going to stick to it for a while.

Don't really get how Ted Kord is going to be part of the Justice League with Lex Luthor since Lex
killed Ted Kord's dad

Unless DC is being cute and the Luthor in JL is from Earth 3

Oh yeah, ads! I forgot all about those, haven't picked up a floppy in a couple of years. Another reason digital is the bestest.

Digital is great. Trades are great. But when I really, truly love the shit out of something, there is nothing like holding the beautiful, freshly printed floppy in my hands.

I just got back from the LCS with volumes 1 and 2 (issues 1-12) and single issues 19-22 of Rachel Rising. Still need to track down the third trade. I have the first collection digitally but I really wanted to own physical copies for the love and to $upport Terry Moore. I also like to loan out my favourite stuff to friends. I can't wait to just read the ever-loving shit out of this series (only up to issue #4 atm). Just wish I could somehow gift my RR digital vol 1 to someone, but I don't imagine that's a thing.

Digital is great. Trades are great. But when I really, truly love the shit out of something, there is nothing like holding the beautiful, freshly printed floppy in my hands.

I just got back from the LCS with volumes 1 and 2 (issues 1-12) and single issues 19-22 of Rachel Rising. Still need to track down the third trade. I have the first collection digitally but I really wanted to own physical copies for the love and to $upport Terry Moore. I also like to loan out my favourite stuff to friends. I can't wait to just read the ever-loving shit out of this series (only up to issue #4 atm). Just wish I could somehow gift my RR digital vol 1 to someone, but I don't imagine that's a thing.

You're in for a wild + beautiful ride.

I just got word that Lobdell's Teen Titans is ending in April. Thats really too bad I felt this was the first time the Titans have felt fresh and new since Marv Wolfman wrote the book. Truly the end of an era.

Vibranium

Banned
I still love Hawkeye but I agree about the delays killing the momentum of the story. It's frustrating and makes it hard to care.

Sigh. Still love the book, but the delays really are messing with it.

Yeah, it's really hurting the enthusiasm of a lot of fans it seems (including me). I'm wondering if Aja really is that slow of an artist or if there are some other factors in play. His artwork doesn't seem like it should take forever...

I want more of Barney and Clint, I like Kate but I totally enjoy the brotherly dynamic they have, so cool.

Vibranium

Banned
GurufX abaolutely ruins Steve Pugh's art on All New Invaders. Just disgusting.

I know, it's pretty horrifying. For once I'm gonna endure the shitty coloring (Who the fuck calls themselves GurufX??) though because of Buck. After his mini, which will heavily feature Ran Shen for some stupid reason, that's the only place he will be unless Alonso mans up and announces his new solo. If Ms. Marvel and Elektra get books, Winter Soldier deserves another shot since there's a movie coming out.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just read Black Science #1

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::eek:ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Timo

I just read Black Science #1

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::eek:ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It was ok.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Middle of last year.

They have not done much with it, but looks like they are going to stick to it for a while.

It's bad enough that they feel the need to tie the comics to developments in recent movies, but a retcon to boot? Exactly what I don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom