• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legion Archive #8 continues to be my insane quest. A copy up on ebay, used, with handwriting on the inside cover is already at $42 with a day+ left to go. It'll go much, much higher, and it's so dumb that such is the case.
I think this local shop i started going to has most of the archives. I don't remember if they had #8 though, but they very well might. I'll check next time I go

ReiGun

Listamania is running wild, brother!

Harley Quinn #2
Justice League #27
Supergirl #27
Wonder Woman #27
Samurai Jack #4
Deadly Class #1
Black Widow #2
Captain America #15
Hawkeye #16
Mighty Avengers #5
X-Men #9

Took a few months, but finally completed this.

Becsn7oCEAAnjDY.jpg

Issue 2-7 were the hardest to find first printings for.

Thats awesome sir. I'm jealous :)

I think this local shop i started going to has most of the archives. I don't remember if they had #8 though, but they very well might. I'll check next time I go

I'll check at mine on Wednesday, too.

What's a good price for it, GH?

I think hunting down things might be one of the more thrilling things about the comic hobby. I'll gladly try to find that GH.

Oh you guys are wonderful but I don't think you understand just how stupidly overpriced Legion Archive #8 gets; For some reason it was horrendously under-printed compared to all of the others so, while it has a MSRP of $49.99, it regularly sells on ebay for anywhere from $150-250 depending on condition. If you ever come across it for "cheap" you should buy it and resell it yourselves. The other one that tends to sell above MSRP is Legion Archive #5, though that one tends to be around $100-125 or so.

Typical Legion Archive #8 Auction

I continue to find it interesting how invested Dc have appeared to be in Deathstroke, despite no ongoing book at the moment. In Arrow, in the new Batman animated thing, in Arkham Origins and very much teased a
suicide squad headed by Deathstroke in the end credits of that game
. Across their wider multimedia, they seem really interested in spotlighting him.

I continue to find it interesting how invested Dc have appeared to be in Deathstroke, despite no ongoing book at the moment. In Arrow, in the new Batman animated thing, in Arkham Origins and very much teased a
. Across their wider multimedia, they seem really interested in spotlighting him.

Stock rising!

kswiston

They probably realized that all they all they have is Lex Luthor, General Zod, and a few Batman villains in the minds of non comic fans.

So how is that new Red Sonja title that Gail Simone writes? I used to read Red Sonja a few years ago, it was mostly a whole lot of meh. Wondering if Simone does the character justice.

So how is that new Red Sonja title that Gail Simone writes? I used to read Red Sonja a few years ago, it was mostly a whole lot of meh. Wondering if Simone does the character justice.

I liked it. I started getting it based solely on Gail's pedigree and her enthusiasm for the project when I met her at ECCC 2012.

ReiGun

The Teen Titans cartoon really upped the character's stock (and rightly so; he was amazing in that show). And now that many of the kids who watched that show are old enough to buy shit with their own money, why not put him in everything? Doesn't hurt that he's a cool character that can serve as an adversary to multiple characters.

Now if only they could put this kind of energy into pushing all their non Supes and Bats characters.

I see Tony Bedard is writing Supergirl #29. Seems there will be a crossover between Supergirl and Red Lanterns in March called Red Daughter of Krypton. I'm looking forward to this
:(

Haha, I wonder if that will be it since she'll be in United soon. It would be cool if they kept her and got Mera back...so much rage.

I'm liking it

sol_bad

I noticed the adverts in Marvels comic books for their new trading cards.
I used to collect the X-Men cards back in 94 and 95, I think they were from Fleer Ultra.

Is anyone collecting these and are they decent?

The Teen Titans cartoon really upped the character's stock (and rightly so; he was amazing in that show). And now that many of the kids who watched that show are old enough to buy shit with their own money, why not put him in everything? Doesn't hurt that he's a cool character that can serve as an adversary to multiple characters.

That's interesting man. I never watched the cartoon so I didn't know that but that's a really good point. Yea, he's a badass character, I really enjoy him in Arrow and for what he was in Origins, he was great. I'd definitely be open to read an ongoing about him if they had stuck it out and nailed the right creative team. Of the 3 writers they went through, it was only Jordan that interested me but it doesn't seem to have been collected? Would love to see him show up in GA, see how Sorrentino draws him.

monome

What is the best tablet size if one of main uses is reading comics/manga? 7/8/10? And resolution?

got a cheap Surface RT.
it's glorious compared to Nexus 7 (2012)

Surface 2 is 1080p but Win8 doesn't get HD comics...

If money is no pb, Ipad Air is your friend.

screen size is important. 10"6 and I don't use the guided view anymore.

Messi

I think I am in love with deluxe hardcovers. I got the last two hardcovers of Y the last man and this is the way it was meant to be read. They look so classy and clean. I think I'll try track down the Fables HCs.

Oh and the Locke and key HC is great looking too. Excited to finally start reading that.

monome

Yay. The art is only the beginning. Charles Soule is an editor's dream.

I went into it skeptical and come out a believer. It's actually a lot of fun. The "relationship" aspect is fairly minimal and handled pretty naturally. And yeah, the art is gorgeous.

hummm....
I'll give my thoughts later on then.

nothing to do with Supes/Wondy but what happeened to Slayground on comixology??? its gone from my wishlist!!! and the website

I think hunting down things might be one of the more thrilling things about the comic hobby. I'll gladly try to find that GH.

Completely agree. The most exciting thing about travelling somewhere is finding old issues of Batman I'm missing in the local comic shops. I even have an app that keeps track of issues I need broken down by golden, silver, and copper age.

I think I am in love with deluxe hardcovers. I got the last two hardcovers of Y the last man and this is the way it was meant to be read. They look so classy and clean. I think I'll try track down the Fables HCs.

Oh and the Locke and key HC is great looking too. Excited to finally start reading that.

IMO, the Locke & Key HCs are the perfect thing. The Y books are a bit too large and I hate the feel of the dustcovers haha, but I think the Locke & Key books are just amazing. In general, I think I prefer HCs that are just 6 issues, no dustcover if possible. Price is often bad but just reading pleasure-wise. Good size to hold, no jacket to fuss with, binding is better than paperbacks, and you don't have to wait a full year to get hold of them like the big 10-12 issue books.This is all relative though, those Y books are great, just not my favourite in the HC realm. No idea if reading wise it's your thing Messi, but the Mouse Guard HCs are absolutely brilliant, they really earn a spot in your collection.

Are there no BRPD Library collections? Thibking of gojng in full bore with my tax refuns, but hate soft covers...

Not library collections, they collected the whole series up to the end of Plague Of Frogs (roughly the first 12 volumes, I'd need to double check that though) with the omnibus HCs but they aren't oversized, just regular size but big ass hardcovers. Should come up if you search Plague Of Frogs, volumes 1-4. Otherwise it's softcover, and for now, it's jsut paperback trades for all the hell on earth stuff and the 1940s/vampire stuff.

EDIT: Searched a pic on google to show you the size difference, the pic I got apparently came from gaf in one of the old OTs haha:

The Omnibuses cover 12 of the original BPRD volumes before hell on earth started (of which there are now 7 regular trades of those, will eventually get omnibus treatment too). They do not include BPRD 1946/7/8/Vampire though as this is a different storyline to the frogs, or Being Human ,which is just a trade made up of various one shots set in the past.

Liiiiiiisti

Dead Body Road #2 (of 6) (MR)
Deadly Class #1 (MR)
Pretty Deadly #4 (MR)
Zero #5 (MR)
Batman #27
All New Invaders #1
All New X-Factor #2
All-New X-Men #22.NOW
Avengers #25
Avengers World #2
Black Widow #2
Captain America #15
Hawkeye #16
Indestructible Hulk #18.INH
Iron Man #20.INH
Mighty Avengers (2013-) #5.INH
Wolverine and the X-Men #40

Is there a release list of stuff that's just digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom