• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

I love the Detective Comics cover. I know a lot of people were iffy on Flash but I'm still enjoying it (I've only read the two trades available, opinion subject to change.) Looking forward to seeing what those two do with Batman.

I plan on picking up all the New 52 Lantern books at some point, but the new teams are doing stuff that really appeals to me so I'm looking forward to checking those out at some point.

I really need to check out Unwritten. Hopefully it does get the omnibus treatment, that'd be nice.

What's Coffin Hill like? I love Dave Johnson's covers but I have no idea what the comic itself is about. Worth a look?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll bet money that Dick is getting rebooted or something. There's no way they kill him off, especially a year after Damian.

Can I also say that DC seriously wasted a good opportunity for a Nightwing/Batgirl book. The issues in both of their solo books where they hung out or teamed up were great, they play off each other really well. A hell of a lot better than Superman and Wonder Woman do.

I love the Detective Comics cover. I know a lot of people were iffy on Flash but I'm still enjoying it (I've only read the two trades available, opinion subject to change.) Looking forward to seeing what those two do with Batman.

I plan on picking up all the New 52 Lantern books at some point, but the new teams are doing stuff that really appeals to me so I'm looking forward to checking those out at some point.

I really need to check out Unwritten. Hopefully it does get the omnibus treatment, that'd be nice.

What's Coffin Hill like? I love Dave Johnson's covers but I have no idea what the comic itself is about. Worth a look?

Eldren! Yea, I still haven't went for Flash but I really want to, I'll do it eventually just for the artwork. I'm pretty excited for them coming over to Detective comics, although in light of what happened with Batwoman, I'd much rather they had moved Manapul over to that, he's one of the few guys at DC that has the chops and style to follow up Williams properly.

On the topic of The Unwritten (which I love btw, glad to see others sharing the love), it must have the nicest paperback trades of all vertigo books ever. They print it on really nice paper, better than the usual shit, and just really good quality. I read an interview with Carey and Gross once, where they spoke about it, and how important it was to them to have nice collections out so they give up some of the profit on sales so it's printed nicely.

I think it's fairly definitely we get a new nightwing book with a new nightwing to justify the full relaunch, something DC doesn't do nearly as often as Marvel. I think it's likely Talon returns too, again, with a new Talon to justify the relaunch. Somehow connected between the two. Something something, Bruce can't let another Robin die at the end of forever evil, no lazarus pit available, Dick rezzes as a Talon and we get a year of that while they look for a solution/drama. Year or so later, Dick returns to Nightwing after it's *proven* that the tv thing was a fake, or that it *must of been* earth-3 dick grayson, or some other bullshit fed to the public. I'm excited though. the character was so well used as Batman and the ideas introduced via the court is definitely interesting, if not yet properly capitalised on. There's a lot to be done with him, and the character deserves it.

Messi

I'll bet money that Dick is getting rebooted or something. There's no way they kill him off, especially a year after Damian.

Can I also say that DC seriously wasted a good opportunity for a Nightwing/Batgirl book. The issues in both of their solo books where they hung out or teamed up were great, they play off each other really well. A hell of a lot better than Superman and Wonder Woman do.

Please stop making sense. DC does not want to hear it. Damn it.

Dick Grayson to go back to being Robin

also also
BG_Cv30_52d9666aa15d76.18792421.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unwritten is the business eh? I guess I'll start keeping an eye open at my local shop.

Dysun

Dick Grayson is definitely getting rebooted. His return to Nightwing was a thud, so that's not a surprise.

Superman Unchained ending already is a bit of a surprise though, that's too bad. Batman Eternal, AmVamp, The Wake, and Batman taking up Snyder's time I guess

Manapul on Detective Comics is good stuff also

BATMAN BEYOND UNIVERSE #9
Written by KYLE HIGGINS and CHRISTOS N. GAGE
Art by THONY SILAS and DEXTER SOY
Cover by TREVOR McCARTHY
On sale APRIL 30 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
The epic “JUSTICE LORDS BEYOND” crossover starts here! Following the shocking events of BATMAN BEYOND UNIVERSE #8, Wonder Woman is back! But where did she go? And why does she seem like she’s hiding something? Find out in the first part of a 4-part, world-spanning event in both “Batman Beyond” and “Justice League Beyond”!
I wonder...
are they actually going ahead with that story now?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
They lettin me down hard brah. Vinland Saga volume one was taken off the site last year after I preordered, which is unheard of. Shootin yhese brahs an email now.

I think Diamond had issues with VS. My comic store said it was a misprint recall. My volume one didn't show up until three or four weeks later. I still need to read it.

I think Diamond had issues with VS. My comic store said it was a misprint recall. My volume one didn't show up until three or four weeks later. I still need to read it.
Lo and behold Amazon came through via Lonestar Courier and volume 2 came in.

DC collectibles is on fire with their action figures. They have gotta be making money of it for them to be expanding the line so quickly. Stargirl and Dr. fate better be next.

Dysun

I don't think they ever made it clear how long it was supposed to run. Jim Lee on art was always going to be limited though

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
AQUAMAN AND THE OTHERS #1
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by LAN MEDINA and ED TADEO
Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
1:25 Variant cover by DAN JURGENS and NORM RAPMUND
On sale APRIL 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
A “FUTURES END” prelude! Spinning out of AQUAMAN, the King of Atlantis and his teammates find themselves targeted by an unknown foe that wants their Atlantean artifacts! Don’t miss the start of this all-new series!

Aquaman and the Others debuts... as a prelude to Futures End? Everyone wanted Ostrander, instead we get Jurgens doing a preemptive tie-in series.

There is some weird ass stuff in these solicitations.

cE9GMVf.png

Hmm....

More fuel for the Nightwing/Talon speculation.

tim1138

Somehow, some way, Pandora avoids cancellation! Keep fighting the good fight Ray Fawkes. And yes I fully admit I have terrible taste and I'm ok with that.

Well, what happens to Dick? Spoilers for Forever Evil.....don't read past this point.
Crime Syndicate has him in captivity, has outed his identity to the world. Owlman revealed to him that he wants his help. Owlman does not share the same vision as Ultraman and the rest of the Crime Syndicate.

Does a partnership between Dick and Owlman develop? Does Dick somehow take up the mantle of Owlman? It can't be a coincidence with what we know of Dick and his history with the Court of Owls, and Owlman wanting his help. Something to do with a owl has to be in Dicks future.

Cheska

Damn, dcbservice takes a long time to ship things. Both CGN and IST shipped relatively quickly and yet I'm still waiting on notification from DCB.

Damn, dcbservice takes a long time to ship things. Both CGN and IST shipped relatively quickly and yet I'm still waiting on notification from DCB.
You got weekly shipping or monthly ahipping? Weeklymi get my shit in Texas on Fridays. IST trades takes forever to ship for me.

Cheska

You got weekly shipping or monthly ahipping? Weeklymi get my shit in Texas on Fridays. IST trades takes forever to ship for me.

I just got the standard shipping. I believe the other two options were bi-monthly or monthly.

Also, I tried watching Comic Book Men a couple of times and found most of the guys annoying except for Bryan. However, I saw someone mention I Sell Comics a while ago and I just checked it. out I like it, alot! Ming, who was probably most annoying second only to Walt is actually really funny and tolerable on the podcast, and Mike is great! He's more of a background character on the show, and the only episode I remember him being in more often was that one with George Perez.

Anyone, if you haven't listened to any episodes yet, give it a try!

I just got the standard shipping. I believe the other two options were bi-monthly or monthly.

Also, I tried watching Comic Book Men a couple of times and found most of the guys annoying except for Bryan. However, I saw someone mention I Sell Comics a while ago and I just checked it. out I like it, alot! Ming, who was probably most annoying second only to Walt is actually really funny and tolerable on the podcast, and Mike is great! He's more of a background character on the show, and the only episode I remember him being in more often was that one with George Perez.

I sont know what the standard option is, i Tought that was monthly. If so it will ahp the last Wednesday or Friday of the month. Weekly and twice month ship on Wednesdays.

I dont know why DC was so intent on holding back solicits. Only thing that shocked me were the figures.

Owzers

pretty sure standard is monthly shipping, and you get books the last week of the month. Mine usually ship the Saturdayish after the last wed and i end up getting them tuesday.

Where the hell are those Vertigo series from Lee Bermejo and that one from Milligan? Shits been radio silence since they were announced like Collider.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Well, what happens to Dick? Spoilers for Forever Evil.....don't read past this point.
Crime Syndicate has him in captivity, has outed his identity to the world. Owlman revealed to him that he wants his help. Owlman does not share the same vision as Ultraman and the rest of the Crime Syndicate.

Does a partnership between Dick and Owlman develop? Does Dick somehow take up the mantle of Owlman? It can't be a coincidence with what we know of Dick and his history with the Court of Owls, and Owlman wanting his help. Something to do with a owl has to be in Dicks future.

Good theory.

vocab

Where the hell are those Vertigo series from Lee Bermejo and that one from Milligan? Shits been radio silence since they were announced like Collider.

I asked about Suiciders (Bermejo) before but I didn't get an answer. It sounds up my alley.

The Discipline was suppose to be December, dunno what happened with that either.

I asked about Suiciders (Bermejo) before but I didn't get an answer. It sounds up my alley.

The Discipline was suppose to be December, dunno what happened with that either.
Someone with a Twitter account needs to ask those brahs, they were all supposed to launch together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom