• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its a mercy killing and I think Harvest's time travel shenanigans can create a tabula rasa of sorts for the next writer. Hopefully someone who is not over forty or one that browses Tumblr all day.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There's this odd comment on Peter Milligan's site from December 13th. Odd because it's posted by anonymous, but reads like it's his comment and he hasn't corrected it.

ANNOUNCEMENT. Very exciting news from DC COMICS. There is a story I’ve been aching to write and which I’ve been working on. This story has now taken the place of THE DISCIPLINE (for now). The artist is the same – the wonderful LEANDRA FERNANDEZ – but the story is different. This is a dark thriller called THE NAMES. More details soon.

Bermejo tweeted in December that he'd turned a corner in writing Suiciders. He mentioned it would be a loooong road, but it's unclear if he meant creating it or the series itself or what.

On Nightwing, I always want to pick up this series because I love the character but I keep holding out for a writer/artist team that actually want to take Dick out of mediocrity hell.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
1305784_ful.jpg
1305813_ful.jpg
1305838_ful.jpg

1306113_ful.jpg
1305864_ful.jpg
1306071_ful.jpg

1326286_ful.jpg
1305926_ful.jpg
1298687_ful.jpg

1326302_ful.jpg
1298788_ful.jpg
1306293_ful.jpg

1306009_ful.jpg
1306207_ful.jpg
1299005_ful.jpg

On Nightwing, I always want to pick up this series because I love the character but I keep holding out for a writer/artist team that actually want to take Dick out of mediocrity hell.

Freefall if its in a trade

2 books I'll never drop, Nightwing and Supergirl. I'd say Aquaman too but I couldn't take the Erik Larson stuff and they lost me somewhere again in the water hand time.

MG310

Probably will too..DC Direct has been stepping up their game lately though I wish they would bring more of their lines closer to the articulation they are doing for the new Crime Syndicate.

arkon

I'm trying not to take significance from Hinterkind not being there, perhaps it's a gap month. Given the reviews though, I wonder if it's been cut. Had hoped that one would take off, sounded like something my girlfriend would dig, and with Fables all coming to an end relatively soon, I'm watching out for new books for her. With Damien gone from B&R, both her Fables books ending, possibly something drastic happening with Nightwing and Batwoman with a different creative team, I could see her dropping off all those. I like that she shares the hobby haha so I need to find some replacement books.

5pm EST is....about 2hrs, 20 mins away, have I got that right?

Looks like they're doing the same thing with Hinterkind as they are FBP. I just went back to check the March 2014 solicits. They have issue 6 down for March and the trade collecting issues 1-6 down for April 2nd. So it'll probably resume again in May.

Messi

Best. Cover. EVER.

That needs to be the cover of the trade. That is fantastic.

--

Do you folks feel it? We are on the eve of the release of he next great chapter in the ongoing epic story of
Dr Harleen Francis Quinzel, MD
. I don't think I could be more excited.

This weeks pull is going to be awesome.

--

Do you folks feel it? We are on the eve of the release of he next great chapter in the ongoing epic story of

I'm feeling what you be spittin!

Cheska

--

LOL, Messi I love you.

aw man if JLA Adventures was supposed to be a show they messed up
My kid damn loved it and is asking about the Legion now. I think he forgot some of them were in JLU...he really really liked Val, dammit DC :/

arkon

aw man if JLA Adventures was supposed to be a show they messed up
My kid damn loved it and is asking about the Legion now. I think he forgot some of them were in JLU...he really really liked Val, dammit DC :/

You could always try turning him onto that Legion cartoon from the mid-2000s

I didn't think they ever got the second season on dvd. Second season was so much better but yeah I'll probably do that. I need to see what they've put out for Young Justice second season stuff also.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So, I haven't read any of the New 52 Batman stuff yet (not counting Batman Inc.) but I plan to read Snyder's and Tomasi's runs when some kind of big hardcovers or omnibuses come out or something.
Anyways, I'm wondering what the best way to read them would be when I do get around to them, since there are all those crossovers/events. I'd much rather just blast through one series at a time rather than read one issue of each, but will that mess the other series up? Stupid crossovers/events making comics complicated to read.

So, I haven't read any of the New 52 Batman stuff yet (not counting Batman Inc.) but I plan to read Snyder's and Tomasi's runs when some kind of big hardcovers or omnibuses come out or something.
Anyways, I'm wondering what the best way to read them would be when I do get around to them, since there are all those crossovers/events. I'd much rather just blast through one series at a time rather than read one issue of each, but will that mess the other series up? Stupid crossovers/events making comics complicated to read.

Synders ss batman is stand alone.

Batman and robin has tin ins to court iof owls and death of the family but are not essential to the main story .

Kipp

Request for the Batman reading list, isle 8.

People love them some Bats.

It's not my fault that I've needed a Damian fix ever since I finished Morrison's run. :'(

Tomasi does write Damien well, right?

Syncs rss batman is stand alone.

Batman and robin has tin ins to court infield and death of the family but are not essential to the main story .

Okay, sweet. Thanks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's not my fault that I've needed a Damian fix ever since I finished Morrison's run. :'(

Tomasi does write Damien well, right?

He's got the best book as far as the Bruce/Damian relationship goes. Some of the plots can be pretty lame though, especially early on. Most of the Bat-family books don't really pick up until the Court of Owls crossover.

Kipp

He's got the best book as far as the Bruce/Damian relationship goes. Some of the plots can be pretty lame though, especially early on. Most of the Bat-family books don't really pick up until the Court of Owls crossover.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I really look forward to reading it!

Even though I own the trades and the crossover issues, I need that Planetary omnibus. So good.

I'm thinking hard about picking this up. I've never read it and don't know what it's about, but Transmet is what got me into comics. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this one blind. Also, I've never read anything in omnibus format. It sounds like a cheap way to read the stories, but is it an enjoyable experience?

Parch

fine, i'm gonna buy Harley Quinn #1 tomorrow to see what all the good/bad fuss is about
Yeah, I suppose I should too.
Always liked the witty, lovable BTAS version and there's a 2-parter in Legends of the Dark Knight that has the cute and funny Harley.
Just hate the skanky version in Suicide Squad.
Not really sure what I'm getting with this latest title, but I'll give it a try.

Found a pretty interesting theory about Dick Grayson here:

http://epigenetics.tumblr.com/post/62328359762/co-dependency-bros-all-about-earth-3s-owlman-dick

Daaaaaamn.
I think it’s interesting to see that even the evil Batman & Robin have a heavily co-dependent relationship. But something tells me that Earth-3’s Dick Grayson might still be alive. Alternatively, their Bruce Wayne might still be running around (maybe he’ll turn out to be the Batman who teams up with Lex Luthor against the Syndicate?)
Meanwhile, it’ll be interesting to see how prime Earth Dick’s role in everything continues to progress, especially if Owlman projects his grief for his own Talon onto him.
(Panels from Justice League 23.4: Secret Society)

Owzers

GotG #8 was one of Bendis' better written "bendis" issues, but it didn't make me regret dropping the book prior to the new trial of jean crossover. I am curious about picking it back up though after that crossover ends in smarch.

NoTacos

So I just saw the latest DC animation flick, JL: War, and it was good. Not as good as JL: Flashpoint Paradox but satisfying nonetheless.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-dc+statue,28zu0

Gamestop's having a little sale on statues - Bombshells Ivy and Wonder Woman, Atomic Wonder Woman, Cover Girls Batwoman, Arkham City Riddler, and Vampire Batman are 79.99 down from 99.99.

Happy I kept going back and forth on picking up Wonder Woman...wish Supergirl would come back in stock.

Since when is Gamestop selling these kinds of things? They also carried the reissue of the Max Factory Samus Aran figure a few months back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is DC more popular than Marvel these days? Been skimming the thread and it seems most of the posts are about DC books. Is it just a Gaf thing, or the last few pages just happened to be more DC focused?

Didn't even know about the Planetary Omnibus being released, yesss. Thought I'd have to get all of the TPBs. Thanks!

They're going to sell a ton of the Planetary omnibus. They just put it up Tuesday afternoon, and it already broke into their top ten bestsellers. XD I'd have bought one too, but I already have all of the trades and stuff. I'd essentially just be buying something I already have in a more convenient package.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is DC more popular than Marvel these days? Been skimming the thread and it seems most of the posts are about DC books. Is it just a Gaf thing, or the last few pages just happened to be more DC focused?

We go back and forth depending on news and what books are out that week.

I'd say Marvel and Image are more popular though.

I'd say exactly the opposite of that on average. It feels like people are constantly talking about marvel things and dc conversations are sporadic and quickly get drowned out.

sca2511

I've always thought Marvel is more popular than DC currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom