• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

Messi

Honestly, I would have been embarrassed to pick these books up off the shelf in their old costumes.

I read them and didn't mind tbh.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, it appears that Red Sonja got rid of the chainmail bikini?

Congrats, Dynamite. You just made a $550 Red Sonja Sideshow statue that hasn't come out yet obsolete. (Thanks for saving me $550)

Lol if you think that bikini is gone for good. Also how is it obsolete? People buying statues like that don't care about any new design. They are buying it because they want that design.

Lol if you think that bikini is gone for good. Also how is it obsolete? People buying statues like that don't care about any new design. They are buying it because they want that design.

It kinda should be gone for good. It seems a bit outdated, not to mention impractical.

I don't disagree. It doesn't change the fact that Dynamite will drop back to it the second the book starts to dip down in sales/other factors.

I would think at this point they know that the bikini has no impact on sales. It's all about the quality (or lack thereof) of the story.

----------

This Bleeding Cool article made me giggle, for reasons completely unrelated to the article.

The guy pictured in the article looks like old Bray Wyatt.

dennis-barger.jpg
ohhdBhW.gif

PsychBat!

Banned
Honestly, I would have been embarrassed to pick these books up off the shelf in their old costumes.

I was embarrassed when my little sister almost picked out a book with her old costume. Then my older little sister told her to put it away because she was embarrassed.

It wasn't on the front cover, it was an ad on the back cover.

They just seemed pretty outdated. The original Vampirella comics has a lot of appeal due to some of the great artists that worked on it and the bikini costume is more palatable framed within its publishing history.

Tbh I'm not really familiar with the character much but the Dynamite comics never did anything to make me interested in the characters. The redesigns hold my interest because they make me believe there will be a different take on the characters. The talent also seems to be better than before but I never paid much attention to that line.

First list of February:
Joe Golem Occult Detective #4
Batgirl #48
Paper Girls #5
Vision #4
I'll give Spider-Man #1 a try too

The Superior Foes Of Spider-Man Omnibus will be mine too.

Excellent movie. Probably my favorite outside of maybe Empire.

I'm glad to have another person on Team Rey, the only rational choice.
RotJ was always my favorite, if only for the final Vadet v Luke battle.

I thought this was a genuinely good film. Safe, yes, but the action and characters were so on point it makes up for that. Don't understand the complaints about Rey and Kylo.

That being said, it was a really emotional movie for me. I guess I'm way more invested in SW than I thought.

Messi

Just read Deadpool #6

WTF was that bollocks?

It was an awesome beginning to the Deadpool 2099 story that will be told in the issues between arcs of Deadpool. Like the flashback issues of the previous series. I kind of wish it was its own series though as I enjoyed it way more than regular Deadpool.

Zombine

Banned
Absolutely love that Dejah re-design. Really regal and foreign looking while retaining the feel of the John Carter universe. Really awesome.

frye

Waid probably stays on Flash a little too long, but the good stuff is really good (I'm sure we all remember a recent Waid-penned superhero comic that follows the same trajectory)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It was an awesome beginning to the Deadpool 2099 story that will be told in the issues between arcs of Deadpool. Like the flashback issues of the previous series. I kind of wish it was its own series though as I enjoyed it way more than regular Deadpool.

It was awful :( Worst book of that week for me, was just thinking "Wow, every books been great this week" Whilst I caught up, and then I read that.

Messi

It was awful :( Worst book of that week for me, was just thinking "Wow, every books been great this week" Whilst I caught up, and then I read that.

I really loved everything about it. I had been considering dropping deadpool as I think it has been boring as shit so I guess I will just pick it up every 5 issues now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I really loved everything about it. I had been considering dropping deadpool as I think it has been boring as shit so I guess I will just pick it up every 5 issues now.

Different strokes for different folks I guess :p

It may get better if the stuff in the future connects more with goings on in the present day

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ComicGaf holding strong with no deaths so far in mah Darkest Dungeon. The same cannot be said about other Gaf communities >_>

How is Chun-Li? I want to try her out. I usually only play as Cammy and I was told yesterday the other person I played as in 4 is gone. Viper.

Yeah, even after the first season of DLC characters, the max count is going to be 16 characters. More DLC characters will be released later, but that's pretty far in the future.

MG310

I would think at this point they know that the bikini has no impact on sales. It's all about the quality (or lack thereof) of the story.

----------

This Bleeding Cool article made me giggle, for reasons completely unrelated to the article.

The guy pictured in the article looks like old Bray Wyatt.

I like how the little bio at the bottom pretty much says "Mr. Barger is an asshole"

Can't really see anyone complaining too hard about the Red Sonja redesign...it's not a huge leap from chainmail 2 piece bikini to chainmail halter top and loincloth.
Who am I kidding, they're probably furious

Can't really see anyone complaining too hard about the Red Sonja redesign...it's not a huge leap from chainmail 2 piece bikini to chainmail halter top and loincloth.
Who am I kidding, they're probably furious

I'm happy about it, because it makes me far less tempted to buy the $550 Premium Format if the costume design is outdated. Freeza be shallow like that.

Messi

I'm happy about it, because it makes me far less tempted to buy the $550 Premium Format if the costume design is outdated. Freeza be shallow like that.

This is madness to me.

Like...Captain Marvel has never worn the costume in her premium format, never will. Yet you bought that.

Top Bottom