• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Messi

Definition
Hidden gems is an idiom which means something which is extremely outstanding and not many people may know about; for example, Blame It on Rio by Stanley Donen is a good movie, but relatively unknown by the mainstream world, hence a hidden gem.

had to post that to avoid everyone on comicgaf telling me they knew about a book. pat yourself on the back.

Chill man. Don't take shit so seriously. Very defensive.

Messi

Just pull 110 books a month then nothing will be a hidden jem.

Batman Black and white statue series is missing Pat Gleasons Damian.

TheFlow

Banned
everytime I try to read BlackMonday Murders I look at the page count and read something else. Good news is I am reading a lot of titles bad news is I haven't read BMM.

VanWinkle

Moved my Marvel Now OHCs away from my Kallax onto a longer shelf. I think it looks a lot nicer now without the little breaks between each 12 inches of the Kallax!

8nzt91B.jpg

Still need Thor Goddess of Thunder 1, Ms. Marvel 1, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 1, Hawkeye 3, and Uncanny X-Men 2. After that they're changing the spine design. Actually, Squirrel Girl might already have that new design. Not sure. Anyway, I'll get to those new spine ones eventually.

Messi

Moved my Marvel Now OHCs away from my Kallax onto a longer shelf. I think it looks a lot nicer now without the little breaks between each 12 inches of the Kallax!

8nzt91B.jpg

Still need Thor Goddess of Thunder 1, Ms. Marvel 1, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 1, Hawkeye 3, and Uncanny X-Men 2. After that they're changing the spine design. Actually, Squirrel Girl might already have that new design. Not sure. Anyway, I'll get to those new spine ones eventually.

Beautiful. Does it break your heart to know that Marvel changed the spine design with Squirrel Girl going forward?

Squirrel Girl has the new spine

VanWinkle

Beautiful. Does it break your heart to know that Marvel changed the spine design with Squirrel Girl going forward?

Squirrel Girl has the new spine

Haha, a little bit. I can't help but really like the design of the new spine, but yeah. I wish they at least left the Marvel logo the same height. :(

Boogiepop

Shit, didn't know this was a thing. Too expensive though.

There are relatively frequent sales for the Dimensions stuff, usually around 50% off. And then I have the Best Buy gamer club thing for an added 20% off that, so those story packs are like $20 or something. AKA if you wait and strike at the right time, the individual prices on these things aren't too bad. That said, when you take it all in together it's easy for that stuff to add up...

VanWinkle

Is that the new Deadpool run??

I like the new design more. This is the 3rd redesign in this style lol

Yup, just came out today! I guess the new spine - which I also like more, and think it's quite beautiful - is in Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 1, Deadpool World's Greatest 1, and Spiderman Worldwide 1 (also just came out today). I think I'm going to wait awhile for those, though. Want to finish these up first.

Messi

Yup, just came out today! I guess the new spine - which I also like more, and think it's quite beautiful - is in Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 1, Deadpool World's Greatest 1, and Spiderman Worldwide 1 (also just came out today). I think I'm going to wait awhile for those, though. Want to finish these up first.

Worldwide is the first new Spidey ohc?

kmfdmpig

Flintstones #2-6

what makes this book so good is that it is not afraid to be serious when it needs to but still provide fun and humor for everyone.

It's crazy how well it threads the needle in that way. It could come across as bleak, melodramatic, preachy, but it avoids all of those potential issues and does so each issue. I think that the setting being so far from our reality helps in that regard, much in the same way that Star Trek could address social issues without people getting upset about it because the setting was so different from day to day life.

Flintstones is consistently my favorite or second favorite book each week it comes out.

8nzt91B.jpg

I notice that you still own a copy of Battle of the Atom. It's okay. I own a physical copy of Ultimatum.
Best page of 2016
Best crossover event of 2016

TheFlow

Banned

They Gave Hulk #1 a 6.5, Civil War #8 a 4, and Spider-Man #11 an 8.5.

yea this site is actually pretty good. will bookmark them. They gave Cap: Steve Rogers #8 an 6.5 which is actually quite fair. The writing is good but the book is starting to drag more than a Bendis joint.

Edit: scrolling through their reviews of the past couple of months and damn do they nail the ratings 4/5 times.

Top Bottom