• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Only thing I came away with positive about the switch event was how cool Zelda looks. Their paid online sounds like a clusterfuck and the price while affordable for me just doesn't seem worth what I'd be getting. I might cop a bundle around Christmas time if it's cheap.

I hope the new Shin Megami Tensei isn't exclusive to Switch.

Hmm, I'm am inclined to guess it is exclusive at this point, mostly because afterwards they did confirm they are also working on a another new SMT game for 3ds as part of the anniversary. That kind of makes me feel like whatever that is is safe, it's on the platform they know has their playerbase, and the switch game is more of a gamble. That said, it's on UE4, could always move over to PS4 if they want to give things a shot over there. I still haven't played Apocalypse ha.

Regarding everyone's responses, very much how I thought you guys would take it. I don't judge that in any way,I think you all have been pretty consistent about what you want from a games machine these days, and Nintendo definitely are not providing that. For me, it's no surprise they didn't try to please that crowd. Surprising is the online fee and the price point makes me feel like this isn't necessarily what they want their new mobile base to upgrade to either, totally the oppose of what I expected. Seems basically like a successor to the wii u, and another attempt to cultivate a *serious nintendo* base, in places it's waned like Japan or where it doesn't exist yet over here. Played our shit on mobile? Buy a 3ds. LOVE the 3ds and want bigger experiences and some more competitive gaming? Buy a Switch, Nintendo's version of premium gaming. I actually have no real confidence that will pay off as a strategy of getting new consumers in. As someone already happy with what they do though, and happy to get my fix elsewhere for other experiences, I'm pretty psyched.

Super strong response from Winkle though lol, I won't ask further man but will definitely be looking up some of your posts from over the last few days hah.

Anyway, won't continue the off topic chat, was just interested in what you guys think! Certianly can't disagree that they've made launch a tough sell for anyone who isn't a Zelda fan willing to part with a new console's worth of cash to play. My family were all ready to get this thing launch day but I don't think they're interest to summer anymore, probably the most disappointing part for me, after the already long wait. Definitely don't disagree re: Tim, maybe waiting til summer would have been better. which is bizarre, after the long wait. I'm not quite sure how we got such a sparse launch line up, genuinely. Especially given Zelda was already held off for this.

VanWinkle

I will say that, although I was initially disappointed in the Mario trailer, particularly that realistic city, I've come around to the game a lot and think overall I'm really excited to buy it when I eventually get a Switch.

ElNarez

Banned
posted without comment, from Jessica Jones #4

1HsXG9O.png

Owzers

I kinda don't want to play Zelda on Wii U because I plan on buying a switch eventually and that would be half its library I don't buy.

I kinda don't want to play Zelda on Wii U because I plan on buying a switch eventually and that would be half its library I don't buy.

Well if you think about it, you could just play Zelda on Wii U, and then when you get a switch, that's only one game you ever need to buy for it and your done.

Yakuza 0 offers the most for your dollars while gr2 is a decent single player experience wheras re7 is shaping to be a good horror game if that's ur thing

Gravity Rush 2 comes out Friday the 20th, and is already paid for. The games for the 24th I'm considering are either Yakuza 0 or Tales of Berseria. I actually didn't like the RE7 demo at all.

Owzers

Gravity Rush 2 comes out Friday the 20th, and is already paid for. The games for the 24th I'm considering are either Yakuza 0 or Tales of Berseria. I actually didn't like the RE7 demo at all.
I'm going to rent re7 but I still think they double ruined the series just in a different direction from the last time they ruined it.

I'm going to rent re7 but I still think they double ruined the series just in a different direction from the last time they ruined it.

I don't think a demo is really enough to make that determination, but it definitely felt that way to me too. The first-person perspective is jarring in terms of a Resident Evil game.

Hagi

After trying the last Tales I'm going to pass on this one and get Yakuza 0, really not a fan of how they play. I need to decide if I'm getting Nioh on release or get it down the road. Can't hold all these games.

I don't know how his show failing affects this. Are all the shows and movies failing?
I meant "he was a producer on a show based on his comics that only took names and some aspects from it?". You'd think he would want the show to be as much like his comic as possible.

After trying the last Tales I'm going to pass on this one and get Yakuza 0, really not a fan of how they play. I need to decide if I'm getting Nioh on release or get it down the road. Can't hold all these games.

I played the Berseria demo and I liked it fine, but I feel that maybe the Tales formula is getting a bit stale to the point I may enjoy a new experience like Yakuza more. I've never played a Yakuza game before but the previews opinions all seem to be very positive.

But also, don't count Tales of Zestiria against the rest of the series. Zestiria is pretty much universally acknowledged as butt-poop, mainly due to the awful equipment / skill system. Previous games were more traditional where skills and equipment were concerned, as I expect Berseria will be.

Hagi

I played the Berseria demo and I liked it fine, but I feel that maybe the Tales formula is getting a bit stale to the point I may enjoy a new experience like Yakuza more. I've never played a Yakuza game before but the previews opinions all seem to be very positive.

But also, don't count Tales of Zestiria against the rest of the series. Zestiria is pretty much universally acknowledged as butt-poop, mainly due to the awful equipment / skill system. Previous games were more traditional where skills and equipment were concerned, as I expect Berseria will be.

I played Vesperia on the 360 and that was really cool. I'm going to watch the anime for Zestiria at some point because based Ufotable. Heard it wasn't too bad.

I played Vesperia on the 360 and that was really cool. I'm going to watch the anime for Zestiria at some point because based Ufotable. Heard it wasn't too bad.
Urgh, still wish we got the PS3 port. Microsoft must've paid really well since Namco have said "no, never" to people asking about it instead of just saying "maybe" like all other port requests.

This is undeniable. Which is why I skipped the game and just spent a lot of time listening to the music haha. I've played Phantasia and Syphonia and I thiiink that's it. Edit: some of Abyss on 3ds actually.

I think I've played pretty much every Tales game released in the US dating back to Destiny and Eternia (ToD2 in the US) on the PS One.

Hagi

Urgh, still wish we got the PS3 port. Microsoft must've paid really well since Namco have said "no, never" to people asking about it instead of just saying "maybe" like all other port requests.

I still think it'll get dropped on PC at some point in the next 20 years along with Vanquish and Bayonetta.

kmfdmpig

What's the consensus on the following rebirth titles?
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Titans
Aquaman

Wonder Woman's Rebirth special was fairly boring, but the rest has been great.
The Flash started off boring, but seems to have found its rhythm and is not fairly good, but nothing special.
Titans started a bit slow for me, but the last issue was quite good and also quite funny.
Aquaman has been fairly good and seems to be getting better as it goes.

Owzers

Gwenpool 7 and 8 were great, art guy is back, it had the silly humor I like, for today until I read other things, comics weren't a mistake. I also painted my Harley statue more, statues are still a mistake.

Titans #7
I want to start off by saying that I really really like the art in this issue. Weeks and Kalisz do a great job of giving this a sort of 80's feel to it. At least that's the vibe I got. Anyways I really enjoy it a lot more than Booth's art.

Storywise I like this issue. Not so much meandering, just a lot of set-up. We've got good development with Roy, some set-up for a future storyline with Donna, and much needed interaction between Wally and Supes. Overall a really enjoyable issue.

Detective Comics #948
I did enjoy this issue quite a bit. I'm glade that they didn't just
leave the Colony stuff hanging. Not that they would, but they didn't and that's what's important
. It's also good to get a focus Kate, as she's slowly, but surely, becoming one of my favorite Bat characters. This issue also does a good job of making Monster Men feel like it was worth something, so that's a good feeling.

There are LoL comics?

As a child you would wait
And watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd be the one that work while they all play
In youth you'd lay awake at night and scheme
Of all the things that you would change, but it was just a dream!

I miss League, but I imagine it's a similar feeling to how normal people feel about failed relationships.

I pre-ordered a Switch, BTW. I'm #7 at my store and they cannot guarantee me one. This only happened because the bank my company uses did not pay anyone their salary yesterday until about 4pm. Fun!

I really want to play Zelda though, so I do what I must. I'm only buying it for Nintendo games anyway.

kmfdmpig

Titans #7
I want to start off by saying that I really really like the art in this issue. Weeks and Kalisz do a great job of giving this a sort of 80's feel to it. At least that's the vibe I got. Anyways I really enjoy it a lot more than Booth's art.

Storywise I like this issue. Not so much meandering, just a lot of set-up. We've got good development with Roy, some set-up for a future storyline with Donna, and much needed interaction between Wally and Supes. Overall a really enjoyable issue.

It was a very fun issue, which surprised me as I don't remember the earlier issues being as light-hearted or funny. This could become one of my favorite Rebirth titles if it is able to maintain that sense of joy mixed with a more serious style.

PsychBat!

Banned
Off topicc. Haven't had a chance to read the thread since the switch announcement. Did everyone hate it? My guess is that most of you were unimpressed, judging by past nintendo discussions and what you guys want from a console.

Very pleased myself. No issues with the price, and the line-up for the 9 months of it's life looks incredible. Biggest disappointment is the direct con of having a well paced release schedule - literally nothing at launch but Zelda. That's fine for me but I really want the family to be excited when I get it so maybe considering waiting til summer to do Zelda, Splatoon, MK8 & arms as an opening salvo. My only other niggle is paid online. Not really an issue for me personally but I just can't imagine what player populations will be with this and I don't like the idea of kids hitting a pay wall when they go to trade pokemon, or hang out on the island in animal crossing. Seems very against the type of experience they like to deliver for the broader age ranges. Otherwise, super pleased, I know I'll get my money's worth in enjoyment from just this year's games alone.

donnie you know i'm super hyped!

Top Bottom