• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Off topicc. Haven't had a chance to read the thread since the switch announcement. Did everyone hate it? My guess is that most of you were unimpressed, judging by past nintendo discussions and what you guys want from a console.

Very pleased myself. No issues with the price, and the line-up for the 9 months of it's life looks incredible. Biggest disappointment is the direct con of having a well paced release schedule - literally nothing at launch but Zelda. That's fine for me but I really want the family to be excited when I get it so maybe considering waiting til summer to do Zelda, Splatoon, MK8 & arms as an opening salvo. My only other niggle is paid online. Not really an issue for me personally but I just can't imagine what player populations will be with this and I don't like the idea of kids hitting a pay wall when they go to trade pokemon, or hang out on the island in animal crossing. Seems very against the type of experience they like to deliver for the broader age ranges. Otherwise, super pleased, I know I'll get my money's worth in enjoyment from just this year's games alone.

I'll probably pick it up after it's been out awhile like I did Wii U. See no reason to grab it immediately. I think there's very little reason to pick up a console now at launch unless it's your primary way of playing games. I regret buying my ps4 so early and only now is it starting to come into it's own in terms of exclusives, but still not reaching even the level of ps3's value at the same point in it's life.

I don't forsee Wii or even gamecube level of success. I don't think the primary feature of the console is innovative enough like the Wii was. They would have been better off trying to dig into nostalgia and release another Super Nintendo with some crazy horse power under the hood.

I love that Marvel is repurposing a few D-listers to flesh out some supporting casts. It's smart and fun.

And yes Porcupine is probably the best one. Better than Ant-Man's heist squad even

I'm loving these d-lister supports, yeah. Porcupine is great, my other favorite is Brain Drain in Squirrel Girl. He's a fucking riot

Oh man I forgot Brain Drain, the realest D-list superstar

5465144-5+unbeatable12a.jpg

10: STOP DOING CRIMES

20: GO TO 10

Messi

Read the first 3 issues of Nightwing and Teen Titans. Good stuff.

Also finished the last two issues of I hate Fairyland. Great stuff.

Looks like it's that time again.

Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye #4
Curse Words #1
Kill or Be Killed #5
Gamora #2
Gwenpool #10
Invincible Iron Man #3
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #3
Generation Zero #6
Motor Girl #3
Slam #3

It was a very fun issue, which surprised me as I don't remember the earlier issues being as light-hearted or funny. This could become one of my favorite Rebirth titles if it is able to maintain that sense of joy mixed with a more serious style.
The issue with the first arc is that it was entirely about Wally. The team was there, and they played a role, but the focus was entirely on Wally and him coming back. This arc feels like it's actually about the team as a whole, though there was a subplot with Wally on the side. It was a very good issue, and I'll miss Weeks when he leaves, because I assume Booth is taking back over
Glob. Just notice him for one second Jean. Pls.
X-Man Glob is best Glob

Owzers

i understand why people voted for trump and pick widowmaker in overwatch, but why would someone buy marvel books and skip Gwenpool...

Tizoc

i understand why people voted for trump and pick widowmaker in overwatch, but why would someone buy marvel books and skip Gwenpool...
Gwenpool has nice srt butnthe writing fails to keep me interested in it
Mightngive it and squirrel girl another chance

List

Motor Girl 3

Slam 3

Cave Carson 4
Superman 15

TMNT Universe 6

Black Road 6
Curse Words 1
Drifter 16
The Few 1
Horizon 7
Mayday 3
Rockstars 2
Sunstone v5

All-New X-Men 17
Amazing Spider-Man 23
Black Widow 10
Captain America 18
Clone Conspiracy 4
Invincible Iron Man 3
Monsters Unleashed 1
Spider-Gwen 16 (crossover issue)
SW: Doctor Aphra 3
U.S.Avengers 2
Ultimates 2 3
Unbelievable Gwenpool 10
Uncanny Inhumans 18

So, I've been obsessing over Amazing Spider-Man as usual and have some speculation/predictions I got to get out concerning the next story arc. I'll keep them spoiler tagged because it deals with all of the preview art Immonen has been showing off.

The next volume of ASM after the clone stuff collects 25-28 (thanks amazon.com), so the Norman Osborn arc coming up is going to end in June 2017. A new Spider-Man film is going to come out July 2017, so Marvel is probably going to end the current volume of ASM and have a brand new #1 to coincide with the film release. It'll probably be a new arc about the Vulture, that's a pretty easy guess. So next the solicitation:

Amazing Spider-Man #25
(W) Dan Slott, Various (A) Various (CA) Alex Ross
HUGE BLOWOUT ISSUE!
• STUART IMMONEN (STAR WARS, AVENGERS) takes the artist reins of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN and joins Dan Slott for a 40-page main story!
• Then don't miss a super-secret short story by Dan and Giuseppe Camuncoli!
• TOP-SECRET BONUS CREATIVE TEAM!!!
• Hannah Blumenreich makes hers Marvel, making her Spider-Debut!
• Cale Atkinson brings another story of the A-May-ZING SPIDER-AUNT!

Some easy guesses here, TOP SECRET BONUS TEAM is probably a prelude to the Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider team of Peter David and Mark Bagley.

BUT the super secret short story by Dan and Giuseppe Camuncoli is probably about the new Spider People. Bleedingcool guessed the Sins Past twins but I have another idea, two spider people that have been having a regular release recently, the Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson of ASM: Renew Your Vows. I would have never thought of this until the Clone Conspiracy happily jumped on using Spider-Gwen. Just like what's going on in Superman, I think multiple Peter Parker's are going to be running around for a little while.

Here's a penciled preview of issue 25.. It looks like the issue opens with Spider-Man and Crew infiltrating some Goblin hideout, then shifting back to explain how they got there, seems like some time has passed since the Clone stuff. I think Ben Reilly might turn out to be the only survivor of CC.

Once again,
ONmYqfT.png

Sandfox

So, I've been obsessing over Amazing Spider-Man as usual and have some speculation/predictions I got to get out concerning the next story arc. I'll keep them spoiler tagged because it deals with all of the preview art Immonen has been showing off.

The next volume of ASM after the clone stuff collects 25-28 (thanks amazon.com), so the Norman Osborn arc coming up is going to end in June 2017. A new Spider-Man film is going to come out July 2017, so Marvel is probably going to end the current volume of ASM and have a brand new #1 to coincide with the film release. It'll probably be a new arc about the Vulture, that's a pretty easy guess. So next the solicitation:

Some easy guesses here, TOP SECRET BONUS TEAM is probably a prelude to the Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider team of Peter David and Mark Bagley.

BUT the super secret short story by Dan and Giuseppe Camuncoli is probably about the new Spider People. Bleedingcool guessed the Sins Past twins but I have another idea, two spider people that have been having a regular release recently, the Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson of ASM: Renew Your Vows. I would have never thought of this until the Clone Conspiracy happily jumped on using Spider-Gwen. Just like what's going on in Superman, I think multiple Peter Parker's are going to be running around for a little while.

Here's a penciled preview of issue 25.. It looks like the issue opens with Spider-Man and Crew infiltrating some Goblin hideout, then shifting back to explain how they got there, seems like some time has passed since the Clone stuff. I think Ben Reilly might turn out to be the only survivor of CC.

Once again,
ONmYqfT.png
Well we know that Prowler makes it out alive and I would expect Ock to as well at the very least. The Spider-people seem to be two of the Tarantulas in updated costumes, though it's always possible they are new to identity.

Well we know that Prowler makes it out alive and I would expect Ock to as well at the very least. The Spider-people seem to be two of the Tarantulas in updated costumes, though it's always possible they are new to identity.

Going to retract that Ben Reilly being the only survivor.

But I do like the idea of different Peter Parker's running around kind of like what Superman rebirth is doing.

TheFlow

Banned
List

Motor Girl 3

Skybourne 3
Slam 3

Cave Carson 4
Superman 15

TMNT Universe 6

Curse Words 1
Drifter 16
Horizon 7
Mayday 3
Rockstars 2

All-New X-Men 17
Amazing Spider-Man 23
Black Widow 10
Captain America 18
Clone Conspiracy 4
Invincible Iron Man 3
Monsters Unleashed 1
SW: Doctor Aphra 3
U.S.Avengers 2
Ultimates 2 3
Unbelievable Gwenpool 10
Uncanny Inhumans 18
you might be the only person I know reading Ultimates 2

Messi

I wonder how many people still pull Black Panther and haven't moved to trade waiting. I dropped it as soon as they announced am OHC. It doesn't read well in singles at all imo.

I wonder how many people still pull Black Panther and haven't moved to trade waiting. I dropped it as soon as they announced am OHC. It doesn't read well in singles at all imo.

the talking heads wont be anymore exciting collected in one place, I assure you

Top Bottom