• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

tim1138

Who believes they eventually go back to 3.99 for some double shipping books? Are you willing to buy Arrow or Superman double shipped at 3.99? Very curious

I would for some books

I only buy three double shipped books at 2.99, at 3.99 I'd only buy 1 or none.

Who believes they eventually go back to 3.99 for some double shipping books? Are you willing to buy Arrow or Superman double shipped at 3.99? Very curious

I would for some books

I'm only pulling three double shippers at this point, I think. I would definitely drop Wonder Woman and probably Deathstroke. Superman would have to get better, the last few issues have not been so great.

I have found these double shippers create twice as many opportunities to drop them, and upping the price would make this a much bigger problem.

Are you willing to buy Arrow or Superman double shipped at 3.99? Very curious

I would for some books

hn7sp5C.gif

Like Hagi, I'd move to trades or if I wanted paper comics, I would go back on the UK reprints. There's nothing happening that's important enough to cost €8 per title per month when Netflix and Spotify are €10 a month. Even wrestling is €13 a month for the majority of it.

I know people will bring up my video game habit, and you're right to do so, but I still get enjoyment out of most of the ones I actually play. I feel very burned out on trying to keep up with masses of comics. The event-based nature of superhero comics has driven me to breaking point with the hobby, and I'm now quite content to just pick and choose these days.

And all this is done to prop up a rapidly dying method of purchasing things. This is like record labels doubling down on CDs in case they piss off HMV.

Some more DC solicits and so much for line wide $2.99 for Rebirth. That stealth dollar price increase on single shipping books - http://comicvine.gamespot.com/artic...it-reveal-cyborg-aquman-super-so/1100-156327/
Why would they increase the price of Cyborg when it's already selling like crap? Dangit, I was liking it but now it's getting dropped.

I would for some books

I wouldn't even buy them monthly for that much. I draw the line at 2.99 for everything but Aquaman, Walking Dead, and Invincible. Everything else can get bought on sale if they start raising prices again.

Why would they increase the price of Cyborg when it's already selling like crap? Dangit, I was liking it but now it's getting dropped.

I haven't checked the numbers, but based on that interview with Didio, I'd speculate that they didn't see a meaningful increase in sales with these mid-tier books, so they decided they might as well charge four bucks.

Ross61

Barely half a year?

This doesn't seem like confidence. It seems like a retreat to traditional, conservative practices.

I do wonder if retailer pressure was a factor. There's more about that later in the interview (link)

I think it'd be a almost a full year if they do intend to do a price increase in April. And I really didn't expect the $2.99 to last long, especially for the single shipping books.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
When did Marvel start putting "#1 "Whatever the name of the arc is, starts here!"

Decent little addition tbf,

kmfdmpig

I'm guessing they realized that single shipping $3 isn't good money. This could hurt certain books though.

This is actually closer to half assuming it's every monthly title.

I think it's more likely that those books were simply solicited before they decided to do the price raise.

What's interesting is that these are already, in general, the lower selling titles, so I wonder if it leads to some cancellations.

I at one time had like 50 titles a month on my pull. I'm down to:

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Archie
Saga
Deadly Class
Star Wars
Poe Dameron
Dr. Aphra
Shade
Harley
Doom Patrol

12 titles!

I'm not convinced this move will lead to big drops. I think it's likely DC has compared to how many copies these characters could move before and after the price change, and concluded the audience is going to be roughly the same size for these books at $4. That's why they're doing it.

Edit: I didn't think this through all the way. What I should have said is, the audience may be smaller but the profits are probably going to be about the same

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I at one time had like 50 titles a month on my pull. I'm down to:

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Archie
Saga
Deadly Class
Star Wars
Poe Dameron
Dr. Aphra
Shade
Harley
Doom Patrol

12 titles!

Mine is down to 32. But they are mostly Image titles so they don't all come out each month.

TheFlow

Banned
I would buy arrow, detective, and superman still at 4 bucks.

I don't care about a dollar difference for monthly books.

I have already made up my mind on what books acros each company deserve my money. I was only pulling a lot of marvel because I was getting them cheap

Top Bottom