• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed the weekend reading thanks to KoruptData's idea and ready for for the Zero Year Finale this Wednesday, anybody interested in doing it again next weekend for The Wake finale?

I like the idea of having a small comic book club within the OT where we can all share some thoughts about a book read together.

What do y'all think?

I really enjoyed the weekend reading thanks to KoruptData's idea and ready for for the Zero Year Finale this Wednesday, anybody interested in doing it again next weekend for The Wake finale?

I like the idea of having a small comic book club within the OT where we can all share some thoughts about a book read together.

What do y'all think?
Hells yeah. I'm down for The Wake recap.

#29 has got to be one of my favorite issues.
TYcEQjC.jpg

Bii

Sideshow Sentinel reveal:

July 2015 release, and ONLY $900!

o_O

I want it. But not $900 want it.

-

Let me get back into the groove of this...

The Amazing Spider-Man: Learning to Crawl #1.2

So Spidey's been having financial issues (when does he not?) and have been trying to find ways to raise some funds. So when he receives an offer from one of his biggest fans, how could he turn it down? When you're dealing with an obsessive fan whose expectations of you falls short of what they perceive, things can get ugly.

My LCS threw this in my stack of comics when I went to go pick up my weekly pull a few weeks ago. Gave it a quick read and it's actually not that bad. The writing and art reminds me of comics from decades ago and it's really fun.

Owzers

Justice League #31 was enjoyable, mainly the Luthor/Bruce confrontation. Didn't really like the end though. Random 7/10.

Zombine

Banned
Comixology decided that my debit card was no longer worthy of purchasing books on their site. It worked just a day ago.

Edit: Comixology didn't want me to just make that purchase for .99? Wtf. Went through fine when I added a book.

Comixology decided that my debit card was no longer worthy of purchasing books on their site. It worked just a day ago.

Edit: Comixology didn't want me to just make that purchase for .99? Wtf. Went through fine when I added a book.

Sometimes there are minimum purchase amounts a retailer requires for a debit/credit card purchase. This is most likely due to fees from the card companies, so the retailer needs to make sure it's worth their while. My LCS has a $5 minimum.

Seems like a blessing in disguise tbh

I laughed way too hard in this one issue of Superman Adventures where Supergirl was dying, and only the smartest guy in Metropolis could create Element X and cure her.

Every face and line of dialog Lex has here is terrific

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I laughed way too hard in this one issue of Superman Adventures where Supergirl was dying, and only the smartest guy in Metropolis could create Element X and cure her.

Every face and line of dialog Lex has here is terrific

That is so cartoonishly evil, I love it.

ive been catching up on some x-men stories lately and i usually see age of apocalypse on the top of these lists

is it worth it ? cause i find the art fucking ugly

seriously what is this

Apocalypse_AoA.jpg

Went to the local comic shop to see if their selection got any better.

Not really. Wanted to get Rocket Raccoon #1 but they didn't have it. They had Cyclops #2 but not #1 so I decided not to get it. Found some TMNT issues and was interested based on what has been posted here, but they only had sporadic issues from 8 onwards to 30 or whatever. They had a ton of back issues B2G1 for cheap but it was a disorganized mess that wasn't even close to alphabetized or even grouped by character.

But my gf got Scooby Doo Team Up featuring Wonder Woman so it was a success.

Owzers

dropped Iron Fist for now.....feels bad. October is going to be brutal though with Catwoman, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, and Kot's Bucky series. I need to drop more things but i'm running out of things.

Messi

Found a hardcover of Batgirl vol 2 Knightfall Descends. Been looking for a while, it is quite expensive online. Must be out of print.

Found a hardcover of Batgirl vol 2 Knightfall Descends. Been looking for a while, it is quite expensive online. Must be out of print.

It's always satisfying to find an out of print book at a local store.

I got a new copy of Annihilation Conquest Vol 1 at cover price at my comic shop last year and on Amazon right now the cheapest used copy goes for $96

Messi

That's what usually happens with DC trades. If you want a hardcover, you need to grab it before the TPB comes out.

Yup, happened with Batwoman Elegy and now I can't get it.

I also bought

Velvet Vol 1
Chew Vol 7
Power Girl Bomb Squad (this is the trade after Conners run)

It's always satisfying to find an out of print book at a local store.

I got a new copy of Annihilation Conquest Vol 1 at cover price at my comic shop last year and on Amazon right now the cheapest used copy goes for $96

It was a really small store with a really nice owner. He wanted to talk about what I was buying. It was awesome. All trades were buy 1 get one half off.

Yeah, I don't think there was a big plan or anything. Tony Daniel had a SHOCKING idea and they let him do it. Snyder just played along and made the best of the imagery.

Right on the money man. I believe the basic jist was that editorial were happy to leave joker off the table for the while since they wanted to try some new villians across the various books for the first year, so Tony went right ahead and cut his face off, consequences be damned. I think how Snyder managed to work it into an actual story is admirable, I figured they'd just say he stuck his face in a lazarus pit and came out psychologically unaffected, and be done with it. It probably will be a problem at some point.

Love all the Snyder love going on btw guys, I think people had got a bit sick of him and the length of his stories last time I was around, I remember some teasing for my love haha. The Wake is another one I'm still waiting on finishing, but I loved the first half. Severed is a great trade I'd recommend to anyone, and a really really nice physical book in itself.

t

Velvet Vol 1

Yaaaay, grabbing this in a wqeek or two when I finish my new mignola stuff, can't wait. Epting and Breitweiser's stuff is dreamy.

kd-z

I just have to write this post because I am PISSED.

I decided to read two issues of Ultimates 1 before going to bed and in issue #8 I am told that (not really a spoiler - seriously! - but I'm hiding it just to make sure)
World War II was caused by aliens and the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki destroyed their training camps. Who came up with this fucking bullshit? It's so disrespectful, so idiotic and ARGH I CANT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I HATE THIS VERY IDEA! What idiot came up with this? How much of an idiot do you have to be to approve this? Seriously, Marvel, Millar, everybody, WHAT THE FLIPPIN FUCK?

Please tell me I'm not alone in this opinion. I'm SO PISSED, those two panels of Fury explaining that are disgusting.

It hurts even more that I loved the hell out of Ultimates: Super-Human. It took me completely by surprise - the edginess and grimminess I was expecting turned out to be a front for a story about deeply wounded and emotionally scarred people put in a public eye as heroes. But this is just bullshit.

Back to reading the Batman.

Issue 25 starts arc 2 of 3 of Zero Year. This started the mysterious Tokyo Moon storyline the comes to fruition in the arcs finale. This issue and arc was really about establishing Gordon as one of Batmans biggest allies. It was not an easy road getting there. Also in this issue, you get the more Decrective side of Bruce/Batman. Collecting evidence, asking questions, doing research. This was a slow issue by comparison to others but was still great at laying the foundation of important character traits and relationships in Batmans life.

Finally got caught up with FATALE.

Okay guys, what should I start reading next??

Ghosted

Five Ghosts

Locke & Key

Criminal

Incognito

Sheltered

Preacher

???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom