• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest comic travesty of the past 3 years has been ignoring Snyder's Batman. I don't even know how I want to begin catching up.

As someone who has read everything up through death in the family, I can safely say that nothing of value was lost. It ranges from average to good.

Maybe if Quitely was on art...

Blues1990

Man, after reading Issue #39 of Archie Comic's Mega Man series, everything is going completely bonkers, both in the present & the future. For those who have read the issue, what are your thoughts on it?

4d6eff5ef97d427c05528af8f4edbfe0.jpg

Was going to order some new books and wondered what yout opinions of East of West are? I've decided it's definitely time to get the Saga trades as well.

Zombine

Banned
What's the next step for Joker? I feel like the character was written into a corner after getting his face cut off. I would be content if Death of The Family was the true end of the Joker character.

What's the next step for Joker? I feel like the character was written into a corner after getting his face cut off. I would be content if Death of The Family was the true end of the Joker character.

I remember hearing he was going to be in Batman: Endgame, which is the big Snyder/Capullo 75th Anniversary story (after the last chapter of Zero Year and a two-issue mini-arc).

Put him on ice for a couple years. Have a strict line wide edict not to use him, don't even mention him in Harleys book. Then have him come back when you have an interesting idea and he'll be a big deal again

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Snyder has said that while Death of the Family was about the Joker's love for Batman, the aftermath will explore his hatred. Hell hath no fury like a Joker scorned and all that.

He's got another unannounced project in the works.

Kind of hoping that's him coming back to do some more Ashley Strode stuff with the BPRD!

Was going to order some new books and wondered what yout opinions of East of West are? I've decided it's definitely time to get the Saga trades as well.

Love it. I probably look forward to reading a new volume of that as much as I do a new volume of Saga ( a handy example since you mentioned it), it's by far my favourite thing Hickman is working on. Definitely would say though, it's very Hickman. If you've not been a fan of other stuff before, you probably won't change your mind. IF you haven't read anything by him before this is a good starting point, although, Manhattan Projects might be an easier way to settle into him. I think it's his best thing right now though.

Zombine

Banned
I remember hearing he was going to be in Batman: Endgame, which is the big Snyder/Capullo 75th Anniversary story (after the last chapter of Zero Year and a two-issue mini-arc).

This is my reply to everyone, but how do you deal with his face? He clearly has to be in extreme pain. There isn't a whole lot that can be done with the character if they stick to what he did to himself. I truly think the end game with Joker is to just kill him. If they want to re-use him once or twice, have Joker record some videos (a la Jigsaw) and have an arc revolving around that.

Ooooh, yeah! Finally got a break from everything, so I'mma go comic shopping!
Any new series or stuff I should keep an eye out for?

Also, what the fuck is going on with Marvel? I've only skipped a momth of issues! Did crazy stuff happen? >.>

This is my reply to everyone, but how do you deal with his face? He clearly has to be in extreme pain. There isn't a whole lot that can be done with the character if they stick to what he did to himself. I truly think the end game with Joker is to just kill him. If they want to re-use him once or twice, have Joker record some videos (a la Jigsaw) and have an arc revolving around that.

The problem with killing him is Joker Immunity. As the trope says, every Batman writer dreams of writing the ultimate Joker story. Taking him off the table removes that. I think killing him, no matter how, would be unsatisfying. Even if you had Batman kill him, it's been done in DKR. It would get DC some mainstream press though.

Batman Beyond had the best version of a Joker death. "That's not funny." should absolutely be his last line, whether he's killed or somehow broken in spirit (I prefer the second, but I have no idea how you would do it).

Ooooh, yeah! Finally got a break from everything, so I'mma go comic shopping!
Any new series or stuff I should keep an eye out for?

Rocket Raccoon, Spider-Man 2099, Grayson, and Teen Titans all just launched over the past few weeks. They were all pretty good and worth checking out if you're interested in any of the characters. Seconds also came out and it was great.

Also, what the fuck is going on with Marvel? I've only skipped a momth of issues! Did crazy stuff happen? >.>
Not really, just some new changes to shake up Cap, Thor, and Iron Man to usher in the next wave of Marvel NOW! titles. SDCC is right around the corner so there's gonna be more news soon.

Ignore the face thing.

I'm serious. Don't use Joker for a couple of years, then have him show up unmolested and plead ignorance. "'Joker had his face cut off'? The heck you talking about readers? He's fine, see?"

Rocket Raccoon, Spider-Man 2099, Grayson, and Teen Titans all just launched over the past few weeks. They were all pretty good and worth checking out if you're interested in any of the characters. Seconds also came out and it was great.

Not really, just some new changes to shake up Cap, Thor, and Iron Man to usher in the next wave of Marvel NOW! titles. SDCC is right around the corner so there's gonna be more news soon.
Alright, I'll check those out. It's pretty nice to have so many new issues to read. lol
Oh, man! I forgot about Seconds! O.O

Zombine

Banned
Ignore the face thing.

I'm serious. Don't use Joker for a couple of years, then have him show up unmolested and plead ignorance. "'Joker had his face cut off'? The heck you talking about readers? He's fine, see?"

I'm not completely sure what they were trying to accomplish with that. I figured that if they were going to go as far as to remove his face, Snyder and DC had a general end-game in mind. It was actually cool for a brief moment because I figured that we were about to see a huge change in the Batman universe dealing with finality and a passing of the torch onto a new generation of psychopath. Doesn't look like it's going to happen, though.

Messi

Ignore the face thing.

Yeah but that's never gonna happen. They aren't going go put Joker on ice for years.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah but that's never gonna happen. They aren't going go put Joker on ice for years.

I'm pretty sure the biggest misconception of the Joker is that he is used more than a glory hole at your local sex shop. The reality is that his frequency in the past 5 years has been incredibly low.

It is time for some new DC Rogues though.

I'm not completely sure what they were trying to accomplish with that. I figured that if they were going to go as far as to remove his face, Snyder and DC had a general end-game in mind. It was actually cool for a brief moment because I figured that we were about to see a huge change in the Batman universe dealing with finality and a passing of the torch onto a new generation of psychopath. Doesn't look like it's going to happen, though.

Nah it was just Tony Daniel being Tony Daniel. Bet Korupt can't wait for that Deathstroke comic haha.

Messi

I'm not caught up with B&R, now I think I should.

You absolutely should. The two face arc is grizzly.

I'm pretty sure the biggest misconception of the Joker is that he is used more than a glory hole at your local sex shop. The reality is that his frequency in the past 5 years has been incredibly low.

It is time for some new DC Rogues though.

It's Poision Ivy's time to shine. bats vs ivy. Book it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Nah it was just Tony Daniel being Tony Daniel. Bet Korupt can't wait for that Deathstroke comic haha.

Yeah, I don't think there was a big plan or anything. Tony Daniel had a SHOCKING idea and they let him do it. Snyder just played along and made the best of the imagery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom