• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

Secret Wars #4. I guess. lol
I haven't been keeping up with SW :(

Arclight looks soooo damn good. I havent read it but its gorgeous
It totally does, Graham can be kind of a dick online but the book looks good.

Slow but pretty, very BKVish, and awesome

also read Squirrel Girl
If it gets JC's seal of approval it must bee good!

Are you reading Squirrel Girl? Today's issue was great!
YAY! Can't wait to read it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARY THERE IS NO HOPE FOR US
IF THIS GM VAN DON'T MAKE IT ACROSS THE STATE LINE
WE MIGHT AS WEEELL LAAAAY DOOOWN AND DIE
BECAUSE IF FLOOOORIDA TAKES US WE'RE TAKING EVERYONE DOOOWN WITH US

Cannot stop listening to this song. Jamming so hard right now. Almost sad to have to leave work because it means no more listening to that song over and over.

Bii

I think my Secret Wars #4 is missing some pages. :(

There was the scene with Doom and
Cyclops starts to talk with a bright flash
and then it cuts to Doom at the end talking to Stephen.

Guess I'll go back to my LCS and have it swapped.

Messi

I didn't see this posted. Alex Ross painted a sequel to this for comic con

batman7.jpg

alex-ross-comic-con2.jpg

Pretty cool imo

oh man, I just realized the Uncanny X-Men #600 delay means that the 6th hardcover ain't coming out until December. XD

ut8leH5.gif

God damn it.

Zombine

Banned
Oh wow, Justice League: Gods & Monsters Batman #1 was pretty dope for $1. I'm ready for that movie to be totally honest.

Bloodember

Secret wars #4 was great. A-Force #2 was solid. Enjoyed them both. Now I need Ultimate End #3, hopefully I'll be able to find a digital code on eBay soon, that's not an auction.

Vyer

These last few issues - the character work Aaron did with Boss and now Hardy - are right up there with his best work in Scalped, imo.

Also, don't know if it was mentioned, but Latour did a write up on the confederate flag alternate cover on southernbastards.com

It's good, but honestly, the setting is what holds it back from being on my Best Comics Ever list.

do you mean you don't like the setting, or you do like the setting and don't like how it's portrayed?

help me out here Freeza buddy

Mudcrab

Secret Wars spoiler fucked up that scene for me, but still it was a great, great issue.

I like how Doom has complete control over Battleworld for almost a decade, becomes best friends with Strange but as soon as Reed Richards shows up it all falls apart.

It's the setting itself. I'm not a fan of that deep-south country lifestyle.

You don't like ribs, boy?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hate the summer. I just want to read comics, why do I have to actually work :(

Zombine

Banned
Hell, I'm not sure Aaron is either. Lol. But I get what you're saying.

It's actually really damn close and there is a lot of love in that book. Sure, the story is fictional, but he nailed the atmosphere. It's fantastic. I wish he could come up with an interesting scene involving Sloss Furnace.

The Spire was pretty good. I didn't know what to expect going in, but it reads something like a medieval fantasy with some sci-fi elements sprinkled in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Download comics on your phone and read at work.

Huh? How does WiFi work?

I meant I actually have to do some work during the summer as opposed to sit on my ass for 5 of the 8 hours at work and read comics I do during the slow winter months

Image just seems to green light series to see if they'll be hits. So many new series in the last series only have a trade or can't break the two trade gauntlet. If I had even a sliver of self confidence I would throw my hat in the ring......

I honestly feel that that's for the better. Most stories simply do not have enough stamina for longer arcs. Better to be left wanting more than to be subjected to a coupla boring issues.

Nothing prevents an author from giving the characters another go a couple of years later, after all.

On a different note, quite enjoyed Age of Ultron vs Zombies. There is potential here.

Rhaknar

What exactly is Steve / SHIELD end game before Secret Wars? They just seem super petty at Reed and the others and want to stop them without offering an actual solution to... you know, the multiverse ending >_>

Sunspot said it best when he said they should shut the fuck up and band together for the greater good. Sunspot buying AIM and making his own Avengers team was one of the best things out of this and I'm glad it's continuing after SW in New Avengers

Messi

What exactly is Steve / SHIELD end game before Secret Wars? They just seem super petty at Reed and the others and want to stop them without offering an actual solution to... you know, the multiverse ending >_>

Sunspot said it best when he said they should shut the fuck up and band together for the greater good. Sunspot buying AIM and making his own Avengers team was one of the best things out of this and I'm glad it's continuing after SW in New Avengers

That was a baller move by Sunspot. Props to him.

Revenge. Steve lost what major support he had when the UN told him to get fucked and supported Terrax and the Cabal instead.
Dude truly didn't have a leg to stand on.

Cade

Man, I still have such a love/hate with Snyder's batman. I'm still on reread, but some parts of it just aren't Batman to me.

I like it, but...

#NotMyBatman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom