• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I still have such a love/hate with Snyder's batman. I'm still on reread, but some parts of it just aren't Batman to me.

I like it, but...

#NotMyBatman

hate.jpeg

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, Ultimate End 3. Why you do dis to me, Bendis?

It's just so bland and seems to have almost nothing to do with the Ultimate Universe.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just went into the "Gordon's relationship with Babs is weird" thread. Fuck me.

Vyer

Chew still solid. Question with big spoilers if you aren't up to date:
Have I missed something or have they gone into detail about why Colby put down Poyo? Did Toni also give him instructions before she died and I just forgot about that?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why did Doom kill
Cyke
?

frye

Just went into the "Gordon's relationship with Babs is weird" thread. Fuck me.

The guy who says that her relationship with Bruce weird is on the money tho

Actually if I'm being honest I kinda find every relationship in those cartoons weird because that's a universe where all men are built like brick shithouses and women like toothpicks

Might want to make your spoiler include a bit more of that sentence.

Also, is it just me or do you guys now get the mouse arrow with tiny ? when you put the cursor over a spoiler? That never happened before.

Man, I still have such a love/hate with Snyder's batman. I'm still on reread, but some parts of it just aren't Batman to me.

I like it, but...

#NotMyBatman

I'm kinda neutral on the series myself. Like it's not bad at all, but it's just not my style. I've really tried to get into it but I just can't.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this about Deadly Class today

Remender fucking nailed the trifecta of terrible. FUCK ferrets. Little shit machines. Literally.

Cade

Is it the lack of shark repellent Bat Spray?

Yep. You got me :(

Anything specific that you feel isn't Batman?

Stuff like in issue #0 or whatever how he
infiltrated the Red Hood Gang but waited to make his move. Even he chides himself on it, but he still let that poison cake get through. And then in a couple issues when kidBruce kills the
image.php
with a bow and arrow didn't sit right with me. He's just too brashman. I dunno.

so mad

I'm kinda neutral on the series myself. Like it's not bad at all, but it's just not my style. I've really tried to get into it but I just can't.

I like it, it's jut not close enough to how I like my Batman, I guess. I'm fine with it as a new Batman though.

Calcium

Banned
Stuff like in issue #0 or whatever how he
infiltrated the Red Hood Gang but waited to make his move. Even he chides himself on it, but he still let that poison cake get through. And then in a couple issues when kidBruce kills the
image.php
with a bow and arrow didn't sit right with me. He's just too brashman. I dunno.

I can understand where you are coming from, but Bruce is just getting started at that point. He's young and reckless. That's kind of the point.

Cade

I can understand where you are coming from, but Bruce is just getting started at that point. He's young and reckless. That's kind of the point.

Yeah, that's why it's not a deal-breaker for me. I mean, even adult Bruce
killed those dogs in that one Batman issue in pre-52. The one with the fox/vulture/whatever trio.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's Marvel going to be like when Hickman goes on vacation?

Disastrous

No lie...actually looking forward to no Hickman. I can only take so much insanity and as much as I love his work, all the Avengers stuff has long stopped feeling like Avengers at all, if you know what I mean.

mreddie

I love how the recent Guardians Team Up is basically looking for a space weapon for Drax and Scott is
looking for Aspirin.

No lie...actually looking forward to no Hickman. I can only take so much insanity and as much as I love his work, all the Avengers stuff has long stopped feeling like Avengers at all, if you know what I mean.

The Avengers books have been extremely focused on the Illuminati for a good while now. That was all building up to Secret Wars.

Its pretty scary now, the spoiler space. You can click on spoiler links and you'll never know if you're gonna get anime or some shit just popping up in your face.

Rhaknar

The Avengers books have been extremely focused on the Illuminati for a good while now. That was all building up to Secret Wars.

...OK? It still doesn't feel like "classic" Avengers imo

Cade

Its pretty scary now, the spoiler space. You can click on spoiler links and you'll never know if you're gonna get anime or some shit just popping up in your face.

yeah you can be like hey anyone see those new comic spoilers for the best comic:

i9GtPA6.jpg

and then that happens

Rhaknar

brah, Rhaknar, i believed in thee :p

THAT feels like Avengers :p

Avengers to me will always be "Ultron we would have words with thee" stuff. Of the new upcoming books, All New All Different fits the most with my ideal of the Avengers. That's all I meant

Just like Extraordinary X-Men fits the most with my X-Men ideal

Only 2 issues in but I'm in love with Ben Percys and Patrick Zirchers Green Arrow. Only 2 issues and I think it's better than Lemires Green Arrow. Book of the week so far with Deadly Class, Nailbiter and Action Comics left to read.

Yeah spoiler images don't work on mobile :(
Anyway.
Action comics.

Wow.

Yeah, who gives a fuck about what they like
Right the power is bold, the rhymes politically cold
No judge can ever budge or ever handle his load
Yes the coming is near and he's about to become
The one and only missionary lord son of a gun

WOW.

Only 2 issues in but I'm in love with Ben Percys and Patrick Zirchers Green Arrow. Only 2 issues and I think it's better than Lemires Green Arrow. Book of the week so far with Deadly Class, Nailbiter and Action Comics left to read.

Deadly Class was really heavy this month.

But not as heavy as [SW #4 spoilz]
Cyclops lifeless corpse!

Rhaknar

Still waiting for a non-joke awnser why Doom killed
Scott
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom