• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

East of West #8: While i'm still enjoying this series i'm not sure i like where it's going currently. I tire of this " have you heard the message, do you know the word" blah blah blah it's getting a little repetitive.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wife is watching a hall and oats cover band with a friend

i wisely decided to read Bloodshot instead

first 4 issues were pretty dark and i am feeling it 100%

I don't know about that. I mean, the combat feels more convoluted this time in that they sometimes throw too much at you at once. In previous games, they threw a lot at you simultaneously, but if you stayed on your toes, you could counter everything and keep your combos going. This time, it feels like they got a bit carried away at points and throw too many enemies at you at once with many requiring different moves or combos to counter.

There's a little bit of that but I feel the hand to hand combat is still enjoyable. Anything to do with the Batmobile though is awful and some of the worst anything I've ever played in a video game. It seriously has ruined the game for me, making it my biggest disappointment this year, and hell of the last 5 or so probably. Worst entry in the franchise by far.

I've completely lost faith in Rocksteady.

There's a little bit of that but I feel the hand to hand combat is still enjoyable. Anything to do with the Batmobile though is awful and some of the worst anything I've ever played in a video game. It seriously has ruined the game for me, making it my biggest disappointment this year, and hell of the last 5 or so probably. Worst entry in the franchise by far.

Combat was still enjoyable, but I noticed myself getting frustrated at times and it very rarely happened with the earlier games (I've never played Origins, so I just mean in regards to Asylum and City).

Combat was still enjoyable, but I noticed myself getting frustrated at times and it very rarely happened with the earlier games (I've never played Origins, so I just mean in regards to Asylum and City).

Origins got a bit frustrating in the combat but for different reasons IMHO. Origins seemed to have slightly sped up the animation for the enemies, while leaving Batman's animation speed the same. So you were slightly slower than them, so you had to react quicker, which threw off the timing you were used to from the previous games. Once you got used to it, it wasn't so bad, but it did take a bit.

Owzers

Arkham Knight combat...my fingers kept pressing the wrong button my brain wanted it to. "Red flash guy charging me, time to throw a batarang. Or try to counter him. That is an option i should totally have done" Every battle is awkward. I never get into a good rhythm because there's too many people at once with different requirements and i end up targeting the wrong one with the wrong move.

Origins got a bit frustrating in the combat but for different reasons IMHO. Origins seemed to have slightly sped up the animation for the enemies, while leaving Batman's animation speed the same. So you were slightly slower than them, so you had to react quicker, which threw off the timing you were used to from the previous games. Once you got used to it, it wasn't so bad, but it did take a bit.

Problem with Oranges combat wasn't so much the slightly sped up combat, but the fact that you couldn't counter out of almost any attack, whereas in AC and AA the only move you can't counter cancel is the ground pound.

Completely changed the flow of combat.

Problem with Oranges combat wasn't so much the slightly sped up combat, but the fact that you couldn't counter out of almost any attack, whereas in AC and AA the only move you can't counter cancel is the ground pound.

Completely changed the flow of combat.

I forgot about that, both of those things really changed the combat. I definitely learned to adjust to it, but it took some time. Though I would take Oranges changed combat over Battank combat any fucking day of the week.

The fight with
Black Mask in the Red Hood DLC
was a pain in the dick until you figured things out.

image.php

giphy.gif

tim1138

its an excellent movie

why are you complaining

unless you dont like it

in that case, Im sorry Tim/Frye/other alts, we cant be comics bros anymore

It was entertaining, which is about as high of praise as I can give a Captain America movie. Guardians and Iron Man 1 are still my favorites

Civil War will be 15 hours long, thus successfully beating out the longest movie ever released in theaters by 27 minutes.

They could have the entire movie be 18 hours long if they decide to include all 3 Iron Man movies, 2 Capt. America movies, and 2 Avengers movies to build up the plot of Civil War which will begin around the 15 hour mark.

There are no bathroom breaks.

They could have the entire movie be 18 hours long if they decide to include all 3 Iron Man movies, 2 Capt. America movies, and 2 Avengers movies to build up the plot of Civil War which will begin around the 15 hour mark.

There are no bathroom breaks.

If you were a real Mahvel fan, you'd wear an adult diaper like everyone else.

Been editing my comic the last few days. Realized I don't have an image for part 3. Work in progress for the cover of the 3rd chapter

It was entertaining, which is about as high of praise as I can give a Captain America movie. Guardians and Iron Man 1 are still my favorites

Freeza, get my list, will ya?

also Freeza, your current avatar is amazing

ElNarez

Banned
Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie and it was the hope that, for a brief moment, the MCU would get to a better, smarter place. Especially loved how it recontextualized the iffier elements of Avengers 1 and basically said "yeah all that kinda fascistic stuff with the interventionism and mass surveillance networks? the work of actual fascists, let's blow it the fuck up and build something better"

Then GotG and Avengers 2 happened and haha nope, you're getting the same ol' dumb shit, owned.

It looks really like her tho...

I think Tochinni is just one of those artists that draws a lot of faces that are pretty similar from one to the next. I mean, look at Low. I totally thought Della was Stel at first until I realized that this was a completely different place with a new set of characters.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Aaahhhh. My fingers hurt so much. Is there such a thing as too much climbing?

My left hand's index fingers is pretty hilarious. It looks pretty much ruined.

Kipp

Yeah. It's called any climbing at all. :)

I will never trust anything you say ever again.

I don't know. Did you climb an actual mountain this time?

Yes! Well kind of. I went rock climbing (the kind of climbing with a harness and ropes and actual tall cliffs) outdoors for the first time today.
But then I went to the bouldering gym after that with my friend. That was a poor decision.

Well, if I had to guess, I'd say that if your fingers start to hurt, that means you've been doing too much climbing.

I'm not so sure about this theory. I think you're wrong.

I think Tochinni is just one of those artists that draws a lot of faces that are pretty similar from one to the next. I mean, look at Low. I totally thought Della was Stel at first until I realized that this was a completely different place with a new set of characters.

Yeah Tocchini has kinda sameface going on with his females.

Still, I love his art. Low is beautiful and his art is excellent at creating these flow-y and fluid layouts. It just feels so loose and dreamy.

Kipp

Everest awaits, my friend.

Yes. 50 foot little crag near my house today, Everest tomorrow.

I think that's wise.

:p

There are no muscles in your fingers. That is not a "good burn."

Your tendons do get stronger, to be fair.
However, it's my fingertips that are burning pretty badly. That kind of burn does turn into harder fingertips too though.
The lesson here is clear: all pain is good pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom