• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the combat and predator changes are objectively better. Everything else is based on taste.

I don't know about that. I mean, the combat feels more convoluted this time in that they sometimes throw too much at you at once. In previous games, they threw a lot at you simultaneously, but if you stayed on your toes, you could counter everything and keep your combos going. This time, it feels like they got a bit carried away at points and throw too many enemies at you at once with many requiring different moves or combos to counter.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think the combat and predator changes are objectively better. Everything else is based on taste.
Yeah, the combat feels easier - Still, I am missing the dungeons :/

At this point, I would definitly buy the HD Remasters of Arkham Aslyum and City. Hope we get soon an release date.

Got my DCBS order...

Zaha1Mu.jpg

I prefer black and white. See SiP.

I was talking in terms of books that are intended to be colored in the end. SiP wasn't one of those. I know DC has seen a few hardcover graphic novels released in "Unwrapped" editions where everything was just in pencils. And I think they did a Walking Dead trade the same way.

Barnes and Noble wasn't joking about expanding their graphic novel section. The one by us even had that Sunstone book.

They're expanding that section? That's nice. Whenever I go I can never find anything I want. Marvel and DC section is just a random assortment of new books I don't care about for the most part.

Barnes and Noble wasn't joking about expanding their graphic novel section. The one by us even had that Sunstone book.

Unless you have a B&N membership you gotta pay full price and you should never pay full price especially for Marvel's expensive trades and hardcovers. Might as well go online if there isn't a comic shop nearby.

Anything interesting get announced today? I haven't really been paying attention to SDCC.

And here it is, Multiversity Too and Morrison relaunching Batman Black and White

http://www.newsarama.com/25154-morrison-reveals-multiversity-sequel-new-batman-black-white.html

ROM the Spaceknight and new Grant Morrison DC projects

So I mean we haven't heard anything about Mystik U right, and that was suppose to launch in October?

I guess we'll have to wait for solicitations.

Unless you have a B&N membership you gotta pay full price and you should never pay full price especially for Marvel's expensive trades and hardcovers. Might as well go online if there isn't a comic shop nearby.

My LCS sells everything cover price :/

I just buy most things online. Sucks but if I can wait a week to get the same book I want for half of what it costs in-store, I will wait. I'll still buy trades on release day or during a sale but I can't justify buying hardcovers in-store anymore.

I don't know about that. I mean, the combat feels more convoluted this time in that they sometimes throw too much at you at once. In previous games, they threw a lot at you simultaneously, but if you stayed on your toes, you could counter everything and keep your combos going. This time, it feels like they got a bit carried away at points and throw too many enemies at you at once with many requiring different moves or combos to counter.

That's how I felt about Origins and it really messed with my flow. I don't feel that way with Knight. Nothing feels excessive and flows well to me.

I just buy most things online. Sucks but if I can wait a week to get the same book I want for half of what it costs in-store, I will wait. I'll still buy trades on release day or during a sale but I can't justify buying hardcovers in-store anymore.
Online is your best bet. I was recently at B&N thinking about getting Wytches Vol. 1 but then I realized I could just go on Amazon and get it for $7. My comic shop sells all trades and hardcovers at 25% off.
I'm glad that things are going so well that B&N can afford to have a lewd section.

What are you talking about? There still selling manga.

I have to drive half an hour to get to a "L" CS that charges US cover price -10% instead of the grossly high Canadian cover prices. Amazon is still almost always cheaper, always get my big hardcover from there, if possible.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I think Stegman is stalking me on twitter. I just mentioned to someone else what I had said to him about his Uncanny Avengers cover and he replied again. Except this time I didn't mention his name.

I have to drive half an hour to get to a "L" CS that charges US cover price -10% instead of the grossly high Canadian cover prices. Amazon is still almost always cheaper, always get my big hardcover from there, if possible.
That sucks that you have to go so far. I'm very fortunate in that I live right down the road from two different shops. I'd just order everything online if I was in your shoes honestly.
I think Stegman is stalking me on twitter. I just mentioned to someone else what I had said to him about his Uncanny Avengers cover and he replied again. Except this time I didn't mention his name.
I heard he's a searcher. I just tried my test to see if he'll respond to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom