• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the collateral damage on Man of Steel is just as ridiculous as I expected from what everybody said. On the other hand thats some fine Dragonball Z action going on there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait, Supes has a secret identity in this? But Lois was calling him Clark the whole movie? o_O

I dont think that was very good, I cant tell if its my general disinterest in DC or if its just bad :/

Rhaknar

Man of Steel? Lois figured it out.

Like I said she was calling him Clark in front of everyone throughout the whole movie, and at the end nobody is supposed to know that Clark Kent is Superman (I wont even go into the glasses act like a mask aparently, because thats the same in the comics)

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I've mostly gotten over the stuff that I didn't like in Man of Steel, but the Lois and Clark stuff is real bad. The line after their first kiss might be the dumbest post kiss line of this or any millennium.

Was it alluded to at all before hand and I've just forgotten? That would at least make it understandable.

Also from the one seen at the end at the scene from the BvS trailer I'm getting all ready to call this Clark Kent the laziest disguise yet. He doesn't seem to be trying to hide at all.

Like I said she was calling him Clark in front of everyone throughout the whole movie, and at the end nobody is supposed to know that Clark Kent is Superman (I wont even go into the glasses act like a mask aparently, because thats the same in the comics)

"In front of everybody"? I don't think I remember her calling him by name near anyone who didn't already know (or could hear).

EDIT:
I've mostly gotten over the stuff that I didn't like in Man of Steel, but the Lois and Clark stuff is real bad. The line after their first kiss might be the dumbest post kiss line of this or any millennium.

Was it alluded to at all before hand and I've just forgotten? That would at least make it understandable.

Yes. For most of the stuff they're in - at least from the point that they're at the military base.

Rhaknar

"In front of everybody"? I don't think I remember her calling him by name near anyone who didn't already know (or could hear).

ok, youre probably right, I just remember her shouting "Clark" all the time. But what about the army getting his ship from the kent farm, wouldnt that tip them off that he was clark kent?

Tizoc

So for those few of you who had been reading comics since the 80s at least-
How did you feel about Marvel's focus on Mutants and X-Books all through the 90s, then with how things changed during the 2000s?

Rhaknar

How did you feel about Marvel's focus on Mutants and X-Books all through the 90s, then with how things changed during the 2000s?

we were kids, it was just comics. There was nothing to "feel" about it, kids dont worry about politics or shenanigans

ok, youre probably right, I just remember her shouting "Clark" all the time. But what about the army getting his ship from the kent farm, wouldnt that tip them off that he was clark kent?

First things first, I came off as a jerk in that reply. I'm sorry.

I dunno if they got it from the farm or if Clark just gave it to them. He mentioned at the end that the military was "trying to figure out where I hang my cape", which implies they don't know who he is. But I could be wrong about that.

Rhaknar

First things first, I came off as a jerk in that reply. I'm sorry.

I dunno if they got it from the farm or if Clark just gave it to them. He mentioned at the end that the military was "trying to figure out where I hang my cape", which implies they don't know who he is. But I could be wrong about that.

but because he says it doesnt mean its correct. Thats why its a plot hole :p

Im probably thinking too much about it, the movie was alright, I didnt hate it like others seem to, but I also dont think it was particulary great, and I still dont like the grimdarkness of it, but thats aparently the vibe for every DC movie now so I got to accept it I guess

I think if I cared about DC I would dislike it more

edit: Superior Foes figures :eek:

CJumbmqUkAAltEa.jpg

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. For most of the stuff they're in - at least from the point that they're at the military base.

Not the romance itself, I mean the actual lines "They say it's all downhill after the first kiss" "I think that only counts for humans".

Was there a deleted scene where they watched a terrible romcom and this is an inside joke? Did the falling rubble give them both concussions? How did no one raise their hands when filming and say "are we sure that's what we want to go with?"?

tim1138

All the incessant crossovers of the early 90s (X-tinction Agenda, X-cutioners Song, Fatal Attractions, Age of Apocalypse, et al) pretty much killed all the interest I had in the X-Books until Morrison came along on New X-Men.

tim1138

i feel like they should stop trying to make Earth 1 a thing and just put out OGNs of whatever.

I'm not opposed to them in theory, but they really don't do a good job of keeping any momentum. They should also be one shots and not end on cliffhangers like in the case of Teen Titans to avoid issues where one of the creators stops working for the company (like Lemire leaving DC). It's a decent idea but they just can't seem to pull it off.

Rooster12

I think New Mutants is Claremont's best work.

All the X-Men stuff was super-convoluted even back in the 80s...but they were, and still is Marvel for me. My favorite X-Men arc was the definitely the whole Madelyn Pryor fiasco, that was just creepy in a fascinating way.

That was a time when no one gave a damn about Iron Man or Captain America haha

All the incessant crossovers of the early 90s (X-tinction Agenda, X-cutioners Song, Fatal Attractions, Age of Apocalypse, et al) pretty much killed all the interest I had in the X-Books until Morrison came along on New X-Men.

Yeah, it's like every 2 months someone comes up with a more and more sinister idea to wipe out all mutants.

I never got sick of it though, it was fun.

Li Kao

Oh God, Comixology has a ton of comic books, so why does every title I look for is absent. I'm beginning to think I have very strange tastes.

Groo ? Far from complete.
Usagi Yojimbo ? The same, better on DHDigital.
The Exterminators ? Absent.
Bone ? I would prefer the B&W version...
Cerebus ? No Vol. 1

Ok, that's very specific titles but hey, why you no like me, Comixology ?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
not watching any of the BvS trailers. i am day 0 sold on it and want to go in blind.

in other related nerd shit, i'm gonna cop this and the first two Rai books:

21xxW5nPoaL._SS270_.jpg

Zombine

Banned
I am now officially seeing Fantastic Four since El-P is doing the end credits music. Can't wait for a new El Producto jam I'll pay 15 to hear it.

Yeah but you forgot the fact that by the end of the film your eyes and eyes will probably be bleeding so you won't hear it anyways.

Saga was fun again this week.

Saga is always fun. Though I find that I'm slightly less excited to read the new issues these days. This book needs some kind of change-up in the story.

Pls don't point out my freeza'd posts

Is that still a thing? Considering you guys do it more than I do? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say you made a Messi out of that post?

My comic buying strategy.

Buy everything even Zenescope

Messi single-handedly keeping Zenescope in business.

So she's white now in the new Lego game, apparently.

Only because they couldn't have gotten away with making her a white dude, I'm sure.

I legit fell asleep watching Man of Steel on HBO and never bothered to finish it.

That movie doesn't hold up to repeated viewings. I've gotten bored during rewatches too. If the movie was entirely about Faora, my eyes would be glued to the screen at all times.

arkon

Oh God, Comixology has a ton of comic books, so why does every title I look for is absent. I'm beginning to think I have very strange tastes.

Groo ? Far from complete.
Usagi Yojimbo ? The same, better on DHDigital.
The Exterminators ? Absent.
Bone ? I would prefer the B&W version...
Cerebus ? No Vol. 1

Ok, that's very specific titles but hey, why you no like me, Comixology ?

Dark Horse was only recently added to comixology so there will be things missing. I imagine that will get better over time as they add old series and missing books.

Exterminators (the vertigo series?) I could have sworn was on comixology. I'm sure I saw it during the recent vertigo sale, but yeah, can't find it now.

Messi

I winged the last day of the Barnes and Noble sale today and picked up books without recs from you guys. I hope I didn't fuck up. I got

Red Hood and the outlaws volume 1&2 (Starfire Yo?)
Batman vs Superman Vol 2 & 3

I know these are great:

Grayson HC
Gotham Academy Vol 1

PsychBat!

Banned
The long-promised conclusion to his "S.H.I.E.L.D." series is also coming, as Hickman told the crowd Marvel is waiting until it's done to solicit the final two issues. "I'm guessing it's going to be October, November when it comes out," Hickman said, saying the plan is to rerelease issues #1-#4 in "like a big, $8 book," and for the final issues to then "come out right after each other."

YEESSSSSSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom