• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStig88

Oh yeah, release windows, delays, low stock on consoles and amiibos to meet demand, price changes, etc. But I think the games more than make up for whatever flaw people point out against them. I'm forever a Nintendo fan.
No matter what they do or did, they funded Bayonetta 2 when no one else would. They have my undying fandom for that.

What the fuck is going on here? Is it ComicGAF Civil War 2?

woah, hey now, let's not get carried away here.

Duuude. Come on, someone died. Nintendo may treat their customers like shit, but at least respect the man's passing.

I agree with letting the business talk lie in light of Iwata's passing, that was my point earlier; but Psych isn't really criticizing it, he's saying he ultimately likes it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This Fear Itself Homefront book is one of those "3 random stories loosely connected to the event" books Marvel likes so much. Anyway, one of the stories has Jimmy Woo and a talking gorilla among other odities, is that the shield agent from that Winter Soldier mini series or am I misremembering the name?

I may not own a Wii U, but there will always be a place for Nintendo in my gaming heart. Even if you don't like their games, we need them. Video games wouldn't be the same without them TBH.

Also, I finished Dead Space 3 and started Tomb Raider today. Tomb Raider has more horror tropes than Dead Space. I don't know how to feel about that. Dat TressFX tech tho.

Messi

Oh, right. That page where
Alfred imagines their future together is heart wrenching

tumblr_ljm5fbQ42c1qdtmwjo1_500.gif

:(

On an unrelated note, god, Young Justice Joker is awful.

It's a shame, because when I saw they cast Brent Spiner, I thought we'd just get Data With Emotions as the Joker but it wasn't as good as I hoped.

I still miss that show though. Hopefully Justice League Action is good.

Also, random DC animation thought, Jeff Glen Bennett is a really underrated Joker IMO. I loved his turn as the Good Joker/Red Hood in the Brave and the Bold episode with the Crime Syndicate.

Also, I finished Dead Space 3 and started Tomb Raider today. Tomb Raider has more horror tropes than Dead Space. I don't know how to feel about that. Dat TressFX tech tho.

Flat-out better game than DS3 tbh, and i kinda liked DS3. Cool ending.

But yeah, any horror game built with co-op in mind is bound to fail at horror.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This Loki and Thor conversation about the internet on Journey into Mystery is wonderful. As is the art. I'm gonna enjoy this one methinks.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Eww at "lol tumblr crowd" posts in that Squirrel Girl thread. Feel like that's the new "lol hipster comics" and it's embarrassing.

Also, bummed about Iwata, and the thread over in the gaming side has a lot of heartbreaking images.

Zombine

Banned
I take it that it's not very Pro-Squirrel Girl?

There is a huge difference between saying:

"Hey, I'm not a huge fan of Henderson's take on Squirrel girl, I prefer Ditko's version." And

"WHATS WRONG WITH HER FACE. Heh nobody could like this. It's gonna sell like negative a billion copies. I don't read comics."

There's no depth to the conversation. Just a bunch of people talking at themselves about shit they don't understand. I don't even read Squirrel Girl and I know it's some weak shit.

I haven't actually watched that show, but from what little I've seen, it's a cool interpretation of Joker.

It gets a little better when Batgirl gets introduced (and before Robin even!), but I don't think it ever gets very good.

The final season when it becomes a team-up show is decent though.

"Hey, I'm not a huge fan of Henderson's take on Squirrel girl, I prefer Ditko's version." And

"WHATS WRONG WITH HER FACE. Heh nobody could like this. It's gonna sell like negative a billion copies. I don't read comics."

This is why Zombine is one of the best posters in ComicGAF.

PsychBat!

Banned
Exactly. It's like that in every thread, nearly everyone who criticizes the new stuff that's happening in DC and/or Marvel, don't read comics at all. It's like clockwork.

I've been seeing that phrase around here more and more recently. I'm too old to know what it means.

People say that about anything that looks quirky. Just kind of an empty complaint in most situations considering it's one of the biggest social media platforms out there.

Art works great for the book and the writing is better than it has any right to be. The scene where Squirrel Girl and Galactus talk about gender pronouns was smarter than most of the adult-oriented comics that Marvel is putting out.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

"Hey, I'm not a huge fan of Henderson's take on Squirrel girl, I prefer Ditko's version." And not

I see I see.

I just hope none of those jerks ask her if her hands were broken while she was drawing those books. That just does not go well.

PsychBat!

Banned
Almost slammed my keyboard in frustration now that his passing is finally hitting me.

zD8cKJV.jpg

803742622.jpg

Man.... god dammit.

EDIT: Why is my pandora playing SMG music right now?

I don't even understand the SG "internet meme" complaints. I see nothing in SG #1 while Ms. Marvel is filled with references to Doges, fanfic and shipping. And that seems to go down ok with readers (that includes me, btw).

Rhaknar

Fear Itself Homefront #1 was boring, the only interesting story of the 3 was the agents of Atlas one because it's such a weird group. Did we really need another story about Speedball making up for Civil War?

Journey Into Mystery #622 was great and my favorite so far along with Fear Itself #1. Between this and Agent if Asgard I'm really into Loki lately, I need to read his young avengers run one of these days.

Invincible Ironman #503 is barely a tie-in at all, and it's the conclusion of some doc ock story I didn't read. Tony grovelling to Otto and calling him master was pretty funny, but maybe that's because I'm not a big fan of Tony. Also it has the worst Salvador Laroca art I've ever seen, and I'm usually a fan of his work (on X books at least), it doesn't even look like his art. There's a cute little 5 or 6 page story at the end of the issue about how Tony's dad met his mom, I quite enjoyed that at least.

I haven't actually watched that show, but from what little I've seen, it's a cool interpretation of Joker.

It's not the worst but it was......weird. His rasta looking dreads and his wild monkey like movement made him stand out from other interpretations in a somewhat unique way. I liked when he got bit by dracula and became a vampire in The Batman vs. Dracula movie. This was probably the first time the Joker was shown as just a cartoon villain instead of a criminal mastermind. He eventually ditched the straight jacket and got the iconic purple suit.

28s.jpg

I don't even understand the SG "internet meme" complaints. I see nothing in SG #1 while Ms. Marvel is filled with references to Doges, fanfic and shipping. And that seems to go down ok with readers (that includes me, btw).

But, like, she has a twitter account. And uses hashtags. #lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom