• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
You want the good girl, but you need the bad pussy.

tumblr_m52cqek4wK1rurnfyo1_400.gif

Same writers as this season of Game of Thrones, then?

You want the good girl, but you need the bad pussy.

/cringe

Every time I think "Maybe I should give Game of Thrones another shot!", I read stuff like this and it puts me right off.

Plus, I started Season 2 last week and it had the sequence with the
baby and child murdering
and I was like "NO! THIS IS NOT OKAY!"

I'd really like to watch something, especially since I have a couple of weeks off at least, but I just can't. I feel like I have gotten dumber since I stopped watching TV and TV has gotten super smart. I actually feel so dumb in threads like the one about the new Ernest Cline novel. I'd like something lighthearted, but still with some action. I kind of don't want to watch any of the comic shows though.

looking at comixology sale, if I had to choose between Death of Wolverine or Rocket Raccoon Vol 1. which should I buy? also, how stand alone are these book? for example, I haven't read any X-Men books in quite some time, last I read is All New X-Men up to the issue where young Cyclops met Mystique. so will I be lost if I jumped ahead to Death of Wolverine?

looking at comixology sale, if I had to choose between Death of Wolverine or Rocket Raccoon Vol 1. which should I buy? also, how stand alone are these book? for example, I haven't read any X-Men books in quite some time, last I read is All New X-Men up to the issue where young Cyclops met Mystique. so will I be lost if I jumped ahead to Death of Wolverine?

I heard Death of Wolverine was mediocre. People seem to like that first trade of Rocket Raccoon, though, and I personally enjoyed those first five issues.

Red Hood and the outlaws
:(

Without having read Death of Wolverine, go with Rocket Raccoon.

Rocket, easily. It drops off pretty big after that.

Death of Wolverine is a waste of time, money and Steve McNiven's talent.

Rocket Raccoon, easily. Most any of the Marvel solo titles work fine without requiring you to read other books.

Messi

Absolutely buy Rocket Vol 1

I am enjoying Red Hood and the outlaws BTW. Just thought the costume was quite the choice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's this starfire costume? For science of course :3

Absolutely buy Rocket Vol 1

I am enjoying Red Hood and the outlaws BTW. Just thought the costume was quite the choice.

After Rocafort left each new artist on the series drew their own Starfire outfit. I really like her commander outfit she wore when they go to space to save her planet. Did you get to that part?

Messi

After Rocafort left each new artist on the series drew their own Starfire outfit. I really like her commander outfit she wore when they go to space to save her planet. Did you get to that part?

No, I just got it today so I am only mid Vol 1. Good stuff though.

Glad to hear she gets different looks as it progresses.

Owzers

.....i bought all four Plague of Frogs cmx volumes before the sale ends tonight. I know i didn't like volume 4 of the regular trade that much, buttttttttt i couldn't resist. I can try selling my volume 1 hardcover now maybe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like that bottom starfire art

Fear Itself Spiderman #1 was bad and confusing because it makes it sound like there is some sort of "fear wave" going on (like Axis ick) but there was no indication of that in any of the books so far including the main Fear Itself book. Also Vermin is a shit villain.

.....i bought all four Plague of Frogs cmx volumes before the sale ends tonight. I know i didn't like volume 4 of the regular trade that much, buttttttttt i couldn't resist. I can try selling my volume 1 hardcover now maybe.
Let me know how much you sell yours at. I'm probably gonna buy a bunch of mignolaverse hardcovers soon ish

Messi

I like that bottom starfire art

Fear Itself Spiderman #1 was bad and confusing because it makes it sound like there is some sort of "fear wave" going on (like Axis ick) but there was no indication of that in any of the books so far including the main Fear Itself book. Also Vermin is a shit villain.

It is Amanda Conners art so it is automatically awesome. It is the cover for Starfire #1. Emanuela Lupacchino does the lovely interiors.

Let the love of the Conner-verse into your heart.

Owzers

Let me know how much you sell yours at. I'm probably gonna buy a bunch of mignolaverse hardcovers soon ish

i will, but it might not be a good measure since it has a dent at the top right corner of the whole book. When the book arrived used from gohastings i knew it was never going to stay.

Rhaknar

Just noticed this Fear Itself Spidey book is written by the infamous Chris yost, Drayco's favorite writer after Bendis :p

Next up The Worthy, let's go neon hammer juggy

Edit: well that was anti climatic, these Fear Itself The Worthy books are only 6 pages. Long wtf? We're they free? >_>

I actually enjoyed #1 with Sin's little back story, but still...

Kinda a broad question, but doing the marvel unlimited Penny deal. Never really read Any superhero comics. Is there anything I need to read immediately or get caught up on first?

Kinda a broad question, but doing the marvel unlimited Penny deal. Never really read Any superhero comics. Is there anything I need to read immediately or get caught up on first?

Depends on what you want to read. Are there any specific characters or teams you're interested in? We could give you some recommendations.

In general though, a lot of the more recent solo series are easy to just jump into at issue number one or something. Some teams and characters can be a little trickier (X-Men and Spider-Man) but you can still just jump into the most recent series at the beginning and enjoy.

If you have no idea where to begin try these:
Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
Daredevil by Mark Waid
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom