• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aparently Batman has died 12 times (lol?) But most fall under the "died" category :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Remind me, Superman didn't actually die in Death of Superman right? He was in a cocoon or something?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Remind me, Superman didn't actually die in Death of Superman right? He was in a cocoon or something?

He went into a coma, which all kryptonians do when I remember correctly.

Reminds me that I should pick up the Death of... Omnibus.

Man, speaking of, DC really stepped up the game when it comes to classic trades. Brubaker Batman, Golden Age Batman, Cassandra Cain Batgirl. Lots of good stuff coming up next year, really excited for all of it.

New 52 Flash gets a Deluxe, too, is it worth picking up?

Rhaknar

Is there any famous DC permanent death like Marvel with Gwen?

Is there any famous DC permanent death like Marvel with Gwen?

The 1967 Death of Ferro Lad might count. It was the first "permanent" death in the Legion. The only other time he was seen was either an alternate universe version or in flashbacks.

The Legion were extremely popular in the 60s so it had more impact then.

So what's the verdict on wayward ? About to finalize my cmx order but these covers look nice. Seems like a weird book. Really excited for american vampire and year 100

So what's the verdict on wayward ? About to finalize my cmx order but these covers look nice. Seems like a weird book. Really excited for american vampire and year 100

I only read the first issue but it came across as pretty interesting. North American comic market version of a Japanese magical girl/demonic yokai manga basically.

I sometimes need to stay away from certain people's twitters and tumblrs on comics. Let people like what they like even for unpopular series. Fuck outta here with claiming people are dumb or retarted for liking it. Always judging others by what they read. And some of these are the same people talking bout they want an inclusive comic community? Gee thanks I feel so welcome.

ComicGAF you guys are great. <3

I sometimes need to stay away from certain people's twitters and tumblrs on comics. Let people like what they like even for unpopular series. Fuck outta here with claiming people are dumb or retarted for liking it. Always judging others by what they read. And some of these are the same people talking bout they want an inclusive comic community? Gee thanks I feel so welcome.

ComicGAF you guys are great. <3

All are welcome!

72703cdce2962a84ead83d97aef1bfb1.jpg

Also is your avatar...Raven?

I'll be honest, it kinda rubbed me the wrong way how so unexpectedly an artist can just drop off a book like this (he's been off the last issue or 2)

I buy my books from DCBS so I have already ordered the next 2 issues, and really I was only buying that book for Manapul art... and nothing is making me love this new artist. (hes not bad or anything)
Just bothers me, shit happens I understand.

Image money.

Ooohhh,, I didn't even think of him going there.
Damn ya got me excited.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, all these Marvel/Malibu Comics Crossover are horrible... just about to read the Venom/Rune one from flipping through this looks like a worst-of of 90s Comic.

Maybe its because all the Venom Solobooks were horrible back then.

tim1138

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am very curious about Agent Venom. Only read a couple of books but I now own the Complete Collection that released a week ago. Maybe I will throw the Black Costume Saga in before, to get the full symbiote experience.

I just hope my Pulllist arrives today, I still havent got hands on Secret Wars 3. Its fucking annoying to never be able to talk with you guys about it, even when its already avaiable at my shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom