• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindwipe

Posted yet?

Fantastic_Four_movie_poster_hitch.jpg

Lol, Hitch phoning that in.

(To be fair the inking does it no favours).

Tizoc

I'm my friend group's hype man for Super Hero movies. For Age of Ultron I did a count down with different posters and merch that I have for Ant Man I made a brief primer:

I'm sending one a day between now and Thursday. Anything obviously wrong?

How can you forget the BEST Antman?!
DIG008405_1.jpg

Mindwipe

I feel like Red Hood and Arsenal is the product of DC wanting to do something with these two characters but can't justify solo series for some reason, so they stuck them together.

They still don't seem to know what to do with them.

They have both being generically angry and perpetually misused to bond over.

(I read the preview and it was bland as fuck, both in concept and execution, so I can't see it lasting long).

List for this week.

Dr. Fate #2
Martian Manhunter #2
Robin Son of Batman #2

Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders #1
Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #2
Guardians of Knowhere #1
Hail Hydra #1
Hawkeye #22 (OMG IT'S HAPPENING)
Korvac Saga #2
Planet Hulk #3
Secret Wars: Battleworld #3
Siege #1
Where Monsters Dwell #3

My list for this week.

My BuyList via Comics Day App

BLACK CANARY #2 $2.99
DR FATE #2 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #18 $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #42 $3.99
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #2 $2.99
ROBIN SON OF BATMAN #2 $3.99
MANTLE #3 (MR) $3.99
REVIVAL #31 (MR) $3.99

Messi

6fH2wOK.jpg

hey, the discount went up the more you bought and I was already planning on buying Super Mutant Academy after flipping through it, but i ain't gonna turn down a discount, so we just combined those purchases for 4 books = 40%.

and that was the first time we even stopped at the D+Q booth, fuckers!

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that lmao. She-Hulk and Catwoman cover artist Kevin Wada just happened to be the dude to take the pic

You guys met up with Rafa? Omg

Nudull

Banned
Been a while since I did a list post.

Adventure Time: Fionna and Cake - Card Wars #1
Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #2
Godzilla in Hell #1
Green Lantern: Lost Army #2
Lumberjanes #16
Robin: Son of Batman #2
Secret Six #4
-----
Steven Universe vol. 1

Messi

Hey, Pax Americana took forever too and it was well worth the wait!

I like that DC has had success with their Earth One OGNs, I still need to pick up Superman and Teen Titans.

I really loved the teen titans one. Starfire's design was really cool.

Have they ever done something good with Jason after they brought him back?

Not especially. I liked Red Hood and the Outlaws better than most around here, but it's nothing to write home about. RH/A is really, really, really dumb, but pretty fun nevertheless, mostly because it embraces the dumbness. In terms of actual character development, not much has happened. He's gotten a lot less angry, shed most of the "punisher knockoff" stuff, but isn't really on the mend with the rest of the family, and not much else has happened.

I think I recall him actually being on okay terms with Tim in the New 52. Wasn't there a moment with them in Teen Titans or something?

Jason's kind of always been...there.

Yeah. DC pretty clearly isn't sure what to do with him. Which is bizarre, since you'd think that the black sheep of DC's first family would present some amazing opportunities, but here we are.

They have both being generically angry and perpetually misused to bond over.

(I read the preview and it was bland as fuck, both in concept and execution, so I can't see it lasting long).

It's actually pretty good. I could see it doing okay as a comedy book.

tim1138

Only 2 more issues of Swamp Thing to go! I have not liked this arc as much as the others but appreciate the creativeness of it.

Swamp Thing in space is definitely the weakest point of the run, but Moore managed to do some pretty interesting things with the concept.

Did he killed of Tims dad? Stuff was heartbreaking, espescially when later Bruce became a shitty asshole under Morrision and fired him suddenly as Robin.

No, Brad Meltzer killed Tim's dad in Identity Crisis.

Bats under Morrison was actually far less of an asshole than he had been prior to Morrison's run (he had pretty much alienated the entire Bat family after War Games).

Morrison actually wrote one of my all-time favorite Tim Drake scenes in "The Return of Bruce Wayne" #6. Plus it's not like he fired Tim as Bruce's Robin. Damien became Robin to Dick's Batman instead and that was an amazing dynamic between the two of them.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
woah! Wish I could've joined you guys. But tickets disappear so fast, lucky dogs.

Hopefully next year! Or you could come along to Long Beach Comic Con in September! I think all three of us are planning to be there.

Kipp what are you doing. Kipp there are DBZ players who want to throw money at you for that card.

Love that Liefeld group shot. Amazing.

Well now they can throw their money at Bii. I can't be bothered.
I'll never understand it. My sense of how much money is worth is multiplied by like 10 when it's outgoing rather than incoming. Like, my mom will tell me one of her friends needs a ride to the airport and is willing to pay $50 and I'm like "$50? That's nothing... What's the point?" But then if there's something for sale for like $20 I'm like "$20!? That's outrageous! $20 is a ton of money! I'd never spend $20 of my precious dollars on that."
It's completely nonsensical. I may or may not have problems.

You guys met up with Rafa? Omg

He even had his own booth and everything! And other people were checking it out! Our dude's finally hit the bigtime.

I just realized that Liefield and I have the same taste in clothes.

I'm starting to think Liefeld is sponsored by Hurley or something. I seriously don't think I've ever seen a photo of him wearing anything except for a Hurley shirt.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Where the Valiant homies at?

I'm in the lead up to Harbinger Wars and I'm plotting out where to go next from here.

When I'm all done with this I'm going to post a master-list of Valiant Reading Order so ComicsGAF can dive in easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom