• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp quits, manager job falls through.

Worst Monday ever.

Wouldn't even be the end of the world, to be honest. I was half-considering quitting this job and trying to pursue piano tuning a bit more seriously if I didn't get the manager job.
But no, pretty much no chance of the manager job falling through.

I did freak out momentarily this morning though and think to myself "Wait, was it just a dream that I got that manager job? Am I going to quit my full-time job because of a dream?" But then I realized I hadn't had my coffee yet and was just tired out of my mind.

Panels are rearranged slightly, but yeah

tumblr_lf9d5oxVyY1qbf4zfo1_500.jpg

The panel right after was important to this scene, as well, but I can't find it.

I thought you meant the part where
jason was naturally a redhead but Bruce made him dye his hair because he's a creepy weirdo

ReAxion

I was on vacation last week and didnt get any comics cuz my LCS was at SDCC. I'm not going back to catch up, please excuse all stupid questions in the meantime. Thank you.

Mindwipe

I've seen that reddit link but like TermDog said, A&A didn't really grab me (and it's also not a part of all the madness that I'm reading) so it seems bloated with a bunch of books.

The master list I'm writing is basically my preferred reading list for X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Harbinger and it's associated events through "Phase 1" of Valiant. I'm leaving out books that didn't grab me (Shadowman, the lighthearted books like A&A, Q&W).

I'll revise it if anything seems out of whack while I'm reading it, this seems like a super solid Valiant Phase One list:

Oh I agree. The only things that tend to be properly interconnected are X-O, Bloodshot, Harbinger and Unity (Unity volume 1 crosses over with X-O like fuck, and neither book makes any sense without the other. You pretty much have to read the issues in chronological order of release). You can skip everything else if you don't need them.

Which burger is the most American? I ate taco bell yesterday. It was disgusting. You should be ashamed to sell that trash.

Go to 5 Guys Burger and Fries, it's the best. Also you never answered my question last week, have you had real honest to go American BBQ, like ribs and brisket yet?

Li Kao

Ok I think I had it all wrong, you guys were right. I had the same old habit from mid-2000 when creating a pull list : getting a full preview order form and deleting what I wasn't interested in.
The trick is that with the prices spiraling out of control, you don't do that if you want to keep your sanity, you just list the handful of creators and titles you absolutely want to follow. And fuck the rest. I'm a sad panda.

The irony is that with such a method, well I'm sorry big two, I have other more desirable comics to read. See ya.

So yeah, I will try my hand at ~20 books and CMX sales (maybe Marvel Unlimited too, but this will pose another problem, how to sort through this continuous influx of books).

knocked out shortly after posting that Liefeld pic and just got up a half hour ago. jesus christ. i still have to unpack.

anyway though, i bought a bunch of books and sketches/commissions (Chris Burnham drew me a Cable!) and met some cool-ass people. great weekend

Zombine

Banned
Five Guys is good enough, but it's wildly expensive. Their fries are either wonderful or have so much salt on them they're ruined.

Kipp

knocked out shortly after posting that Liefeld pic and just got up a half hour ago. jesus christ. i still have to unpack.

anyway though, i bought a bunch of books and sketches/commissions (Chris Burnham drew me a Cable!) and met some cool-ass people. great weekend

Goodness, you must've really knocked out. That's a ton of sleep. Haha

Also, did you/do you plan to total up how much you spent on sketches? I can't imagine it will be a pleasant amount to consider in total. Haha. You were going full-on BallerGAF.

So, what do I read next from my backlog?

Goddamn This War (Tardi)
Animal Man (Morrison)
Orion (Simonson)

ANIMAL MAN!
Also, I still have the Orion omnibus unread (and still with the shrinkwrap on...) so I'd love to read that at the same time as you! In two weeks I'll actually have some time for comics. :D
Whether I get the motivation to read them will be a whole other story, but at least the potential is there.

Five Guys is good enough, but it's wildly expensive. Their fries are either wonderful or have so much salt on them they're ruined.

You're in the city right? In the dirty Jerz they're comparably priced to other places like Smash Burger, or Tiff's Burgers. Granted that's more than a McDonalds or Wendy's but they're definitely higher quality. We've got one close to us that is really consistent with everything, and they just started serving milkshakes.

Zombine

Banned
You're in the city right? In the dirty Jerz they're comparably priced to other places like Smash Burger, or Tiff's Burgers. Granted that's more than a McDonalds or Wendy's but they're definitely higher quality. We've got one close to us that is really consistent with everything, and they just started serving milkshakes.

Oh man...are you talking about Five Guys shakes? Those things are like 1200 calories lol

Lets see your sketches/commissions !!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
No it didn't. It sold you on reading The Dark Knight Returns, but it will never sell you on The Master Race.

I have to admit... I am more excited to read the upcoming The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition
because of The Dark Knight Strikes Back

Read TDK a few months ago and still didnt liked it. Year One is better.

Owzers

Ok I think I had it all wrong, you guys were right. I had the same old habit from mid-2000 when creating a pull list : getting a full preview order form and deleting what I wasn't interested in.
The trick is that with the prices spiraling out of control, you don't do that if you want to keep your sanity, you just list the handful of creators and titles you absolutely want to follow. And fuck the rest. I'm a sad panda.

The irony is that with such a method, well I'm sorry big two, I have other more desirable comics to read. See ya.

So yeah, I will try my hand at ~20 books and CMX sales (maybe Marvel Unlimited too, but this will pose another problem, how to sort through this continuous influx of books).

for MU, i add the first issue of a new series i want to my Library section and let the "recently read" area on the main page handle where i'm at currently.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I just started getting back into reading Valiant comics again, good stuff. I will be looking out for that list in the future though if I haven't already gone through them myself.

Here we go!

Oh I agree. The only things that tend to be properly interconnected are X-O, Bloodshot, Harbinger and Unity (Unity volume 1 crosses over with X-O like fuck, and neither book makes any sense without the other. You pretty much have to read the issues in chronological order of release). You can skip everything else if you don't need them.

Next question: Bloodshot is good, but I don't plan on reading it after issue 13 when the writers / book name change up.

I hear Armor Hunters: Bloodshot and The Valiant are great, though. Any harm in stopping Bloodshot after 13 and picking up on the character with Armor Hunters / The Valiant?

Goodness, you must've really knocked out. That's a ton of sleep. Haha

Also, did you/do you plan to total up how much you spent on sketches? I can't imagine it will be a pleasant amount to consider in total. Haha. You were going full-on BallerGAF.

Just did it right now, added up it's still less than the amount Zombine has spend on a single page before, so i have a ways to go!

tim1138

If you guys wanna see an amazing con sketch, get Filthy to post his Burnham Batman. I've literally never seen anything like it

Mindwipe

Here we go!

Next question: Bloodshot is good, but I don't plan on reading it after issue 13 when the writers / book name change up.

I hear Armor Hunters: Bloodshot and The Valiant are great, though. Any harm in stopping Bloodshot after 13 and picking up on the character with Armor Hunters / The Valiant?

You can pretty much do that, yeah.

Zombine

Banned
Just did it right now, added up it's still less than the amount Zombine has spend on a single page before, so i have a ways to go!

But don't be fooled bro, I got one cool page and you probably got a bunch of really awesome personalized shit that may hold way more sentimental value than any $800 page.

At NYCC my focus is definitely going to be on Sketches and whatnot. I don't have much room left for other stuff and my focus shifted entirely to comic art.

But don't be fooled bro, I got one cool page and you probably got a bunch of really awesome personalized shit that may hold way more sentimental value than any $800 page.

At NYCC my focus is definitely going to be on Sketches and whatnot. I don't have much room left for other stuff and my focus shifted entirely to comic art.
Very true! I was looking through pages on Saturday and they had some X-Statix ones for $200, which was crazy. I considered getting one, but i had to set some kinda limit
Lets see your sketches/commissions !!

here are the ones I can pull up on the internet rn

Cable by Chris Burnham

Cyclops by Steve Lieber

Captain Commando by Jeff "Chamba" Cruz

Shuma-Gorath by Jonathan La Mantia

Zombine

Banned
Lieber Cyclops & Burnham Cable...

jqq8wm.gif

How does that work though? Do you just throw a book at them and some money and they draw for you?

Kipp

Well my boss just saw my email. That... went way easier than I thought it would. Her first Skype message to me after reading it:
"I just got your email. Congrats!!! omg. That’s exciting"

nigga still aint post them Kipp/Slug shots, we aint never gon see anything like anything from him

+1

Zombine

Banned
Kipp is fucking deflated. He expected her to be like

"FUCK YOU GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY E-MAIL OFFICE YOU WORTHLESS MOUNTAIN GOAT!"

But instead she was like "k bye sweetie! Gl hf wp"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can we bring back the underwear outside the costume look? I miss it :(

Superman1.jpg

deathfactor12.jpg

Magneto442px.jpg

121216115711252214.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom