• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Chris Burnham and some lucky fan

why did any of ya'll get a pic with my dude? Were you that busy with Rob Liefeld

I got a picture and chatted with Burnham at Long Beach Comic Con. I didn't really feel like I had much else to say to him, so I left him alone. Like, literally, he was just at his booth all alone. Floods of people and nobody cares about Chris Burnham. Was quite strange.

Mudcrab

55a40768301d9.jpg

Didn't think any book would reference Dark Reign again.

Li Kao

In the middle of 'Judge Dredd - The Complete Case Files #03' and... I will gladly read new material now. Don't get me wrong, the first Dredds and even more so the first one are vilified by some and I'm not in agreement. The whole thing is fascinating to read as a piece of history and regularly contains good to great stuff. That said, when it's bad, it's bad. And the age shows.

So after CCF #05 I plan to follow the reading order I took from the Internet and read America, and then skip to the recent arcs, beginning with Origins and Tour of Duty.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hell of a trailer right there.

Didn't know Jeff Lemire wrote some of the script!

Zombine

Banned
In the middle of 'Judge Dredd - The Complete Case Files #03' and... I will gladly read new material now. Don't get me wrong, the first Dredds and even more so the first one are vilified by some and I'm not in agreement. The whole thing is fascinating to read as a piece of history and regularly contains good to great stuff. That said, when it's bad, it's bad. And the age shows.

So after CCF #05 I plan to follow the reading order I took from the Internet and read America, and then skip to the recent arcs, beginning with Origins and Tour of Duty.

Bolland Era is the absolute best. Love Dredd so damn much. 2000AD in general blows my weak American mind.

Kipp

Bolland Era is the absolute best. Love Dredd so damn much. 2000AD in general blows my weak American mind.

I wanted to buy something from the 2000AD booth at SDCC so badly but there was nothing in particular that really grabbed me that I needed to get then and there rather than at some future point on IST.
Which case files book has the Bolland stuff though? I'd like to get that eventually.

I have an irrational love of people name-dropping the title of the movie in a scene. Even when its forced. ESPECIALLY when its forced.

Can't wait for a reporter to tell us the chaos in Gotham is an event she's calling, "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Kipp

Yo Birdie, did you notice that I bought something by your main man Michael DeForge at SDCC? I was thinking of you when I was spending all my cash at the Drawn & Quarterly booth. I thought you'd be proud of me.

I have an irrational love of people name-dropping the title of the movie in a scene. Even when its forced. ESPECIALLY when its forced.

Can't wait for a reporter to tell us the chaos in Gotham is an event she's calling, "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice"

"I just hope this is the last....crusade."

GAMEPROFF

Banned

We really are the last of us.

(Loved how nobody remembered that this line never was said in the game until toms of pages later.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
WB's salt over those DIRTY PIRATES PIRATING A MOVIE TRAILER is... is something.

CJ0kf3zUYAU_l0G.png

The force awakens. Yep. Right about now. Any second.

Kipp

Yeah the Doom Patrol and general Morrison was strong here. Spaceboy and Robotman felt kinda similar and that's before getting into just how absurd some of the ideas were. Loved it either way. Kipp my dude, you gotta get on this.

Only just saw this, but thanks for the recommendation. That just went from off my radar to high up my list.

I didn't but I am

Picture of the three D&Q books I got. So excited about them: http://i.imgur.com/kM4wuXx.jpg

I'm enjoying the Judge Dredd Mega Collection hardcovers. So far, I've gotten:
America
Mechanismo
The Apocalypse War
Origins
Psi-Judge Anderson: Shamballa
Mandroid
The Heavy Mob
The Cursed Earth
Devlin Waugh: Swimming in Blood
Shimura
Day of Chaos: The Fourth Faction
Democracy Now!
Hondo City Justice

They are beautifully presented (black/white/red colour scheme on the covers which is just lovely), and the stories are really good. There is a seriously impressive list of artists just on the ones I have already.

tim1138

The Suicide Squad name drop doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure up until that point in movie they're referred to as Task Force X, since that's the name of the program and all.

Kipp

Lol. This is the second time a salesperson has come into my office and tried to sell me something. This time it was some girl trying to sell me some $300 spa package for $49. I'm just laughing away in my head as I'm nodding and listening to them because if they even knew me slightly they'd know there's not a chance in hell they'll be able to sell me anything.
To be honest, I just enjoy hearing them out.
And then shutting them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom